Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question on LapTop?

Originally posted by LadyEye
    Well CL ... the old story of "It's only a bargain if you need it" comes to my mind. I thought it was a laptop that you needed? I too know you rarely watch the tele .... so what gives? While you may have gotten a steal of a bargain for your purchase, it is not what you wanted. So now to gain what you wanted will cost you the $1499.00 plus the price of this so called bargain. You still do not have what you wanted. So ....... seems to me you settled for something just to spend your dollars. Is that what you've done? You can't travel with that TV, you cannot work on your website on that TV, nor can you do business with that TV. So .... hmmm ...

I believe you also should have asked BigH in regards to this purchase, I believe he would have gotten you a super deal.

Here is my purchase coming up ..............

Case
    Mother board with on board audio/lan
    Processor at 2.6 gigs
    1 gig of ram
    256 meg video card
    80 gig HD
    ** DVD/CD Burner
    Windows XP Home Addition
    ** 17" lcd monitor

Santa is gonna be good to me .... can't wait!!
    And if I do a little more individualized shopping for this (at a few different places) may also be able to save another $100.00 or two ......
    Well, well, aren't you the funny one......

No, I can't do that with the tv.........and I suppose if I have mudd on my face, it might as well come from you..........lol

BigH did say it was a good deal, wants to trade for his.......I am still looking for the laptop.....just waiting for the deal.

That's great you're getting a new puter. Can't wait to bash it......lol

I was just giving an update to what has happened so far.......with the advice.......even if I haven't purchased yet, I didn't know what stats and such to look for and now I do, so my purchase can be a better purchase.

Anyhow, I think the harddrive is too small on the puter, and I'm not sure about that processor speed either....I think that is low.....but I'm not sure on that.......too many numbers to remember. I don't know about that graphics card either......so there. (sticking my tongue out at yah)

And you also should make sure about a pci express slot or something. Don't ask me why.....cause I don't know.

Comment

have had a couple of laptops - make sure you get at least 1g ram and at the least 100g hard drive - also microsoft is about to bring out Vista instead of windows - get a duel core system - it will be able to multitask with no problems - also ready setup for wireless internet - and be very careful of the screen - just broke mine laptop is 1yr3mos old and new screen will cost 700 aghhhhhhhhhh.
      Ann
      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Originally posted by asirimarco
        have had a couple of laptops - make sure you get at least 1g ram and at the least 100g hard drive - also microsoft is about to bring out Vista instead of windows - get a duel core system - it will be able to multitask with no problems - also ready setup for wireless internet - and be very careful of the screen - just broke mine laptop is 1yr3mos old and new screen will cost 700 aghhhhhhhhhh.
        Hi Ann,

Thanks for your suggestions and imput.

Yes I was offered a free update for windows vista if I purchased now. They were talking about the dual core processor as well. It makes me a bit dizzy, I go home and think about it, go back talk a bit more, all new learning for me, becomes brain overload, lol. $700.00 to fix yours? Awe that makes you angry I bet. You could almost buy a new one. One thing that was suggested to me was the extra warranty, which I normally do not purchase, however on a laptop, I was told it may be a good decision.

Not good news for you Ann, sorry to hear that, will you buy a new one or fix the old? Didn't need that at Christmas, nor any other time.

Comment

DON"T BUY A *******...they suck...at least mine does...back i nthe shop AGAIN...haivng ot borrow dads computer...poor man...lol
          Beezz
          sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

haven't decided which to do yet - i can still use the laptop (only use it when traveling) it just has a big black circle in the middle top of the screen - because it is so new (yah I know 1 year is not new - but it has all the bells and whistles) i will probably get it fixed. although the dual core sounds good also the lightlaser that labels disks for you - yum so many new things - btw it is a ******* and no problems at all with it. My other was a **** **** - had a problem with the power connection in it and got the ******* as we were on the road and couldnt get it fixed. had a dell didnt like it - but it was long time ago -
            Ann

Comment

I havea ******* M65 Satellite...just finished one year ...all the belslan whistles too and it started giving me problems after6 months but maybe I'm jinxed...lol. I had an **** for 6 years and had no problem except battery life...they suck at that. I've been doing a lot of research and you might look into thFijutsu Lifebooks..some have really good ratings. THe HP's arethe ones gettign the best ratings so far and price is resonable.
              Beezz
              sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

haven't decided which to do yet - i can still use the laptop (only use it when traveling) it just has a big black circle in the middle top of the screen - because it is so new (yah I know 1 year is not new - but it has all the bells and whistles) i will probably get it fixed. although the dual core sounds good also the lightlaser that labels disks for you - yum so many new things - btw it is a ******* and no problems at all with it. My other was a **** **** - had a problem with the power connection in it and got the ******* as we were on the road and couldnt get it fixed. had a dell didnt like it - but it was long time ago -
                Thanks Ann, all good advice and will consider. Hope yours goes well for you, must be frustrating, maybe a good deal will come up, I'll let you know, if I see any on line etc.....I'm looking.

Comment

Originally posted by beegud2
                  I havea ******* M65 Satellite...just finished one year ...all the belslan whistles too and it started giving me problems after6 months but maybe I'm jinxed...lol. I had an **** for 6 years and had no problem except battery life...they suck at that. I've been doing a lot of research and you might look into thFijutsu Lifebooks..some have really good ratings. THe HP's arethe ones gettign the best ratings so far and price is resonable.
                  Lol Beez, I know you've been having trouble lately, naw you're not jinxed, I think it was the avitar....too many hands and the LT thought you needed something for each hand. I have been writing down everything everybody says, thanks gal.....some good advice from some bad experiences and good experiences. Helps me........

Comment

HP has excellent tech support too
                    ann
                    Ann

Comment

HP has excellent tech support too
                      ann
                      Thanks Ann

Comment

Did you buy a new laptop - I went to computer repair to check on real price for fixing my broken screen - they just laughed and told me to buy new one - so went on line and found a couple REALLY GOOD DEALS at Frys.com - got everything I had and more (dual core) for what it would have cost to fix it - might want to check out Frys.com just thinking about you
                        Ann

Comment

If you can afford it get a **** my first choice, next would be Gateway, stay away from Compuke and HP.Don't even look at Dell and make sure get 1 gig of memory at least.

Carl

Comment

UPDATE

Hey everybody, I made my purchase, best price I could find with almost all the features you were saying.

Laptop Acer, AMD Turion Processor 64 dual core, 1024 mb, 120gb harddrive, Windows XP with Vista upgrade. $800.00 cdn

Thanks to everybody for all the advice!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

may you have LOTS of fun with it - enjoy also Happy New Year
                              Ann

Comment

may you have LOTS of fun with it - enjoy also Happy New Year
                                Thanks Ann, and same to you, may you have lots of fun with yours. Thanks for all you imput!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

Working...
                                X