Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laptop go byebye

now that would be funny...

Ram arrived!!! (doesn't do me much good withought the computer, but hell, it is here!)

Comment

Originally posted by pemdas21#2
      man, it is just too expensive for me. I am merely a kid. I can't dish out money like that. I know that sounds petty, but remember how much a dollar seemed when you were a kid?
      I was making $0.25/hr when I was 12 working 4 hours a day after school polishing jewelry in a repair shop, and saved all my money to buy Christmas presents for everyone. It was important to me that I be able to do this, to "participate in life" even if it was only once a year....
      Everyone should have priorities.......how much do you spend on video games?

The real point is that there are rules and expectations in life.
      ICANN, (the agency the governs the internet) requires a minimum age to purchase a domain name, and VodaHost is also required to have minimums too....so it is all legal. It is not about the money, and you know it. It is about doing things responsibly. If you had the mind to it, you can still find means to continue your online progress.....if you really wanted to.

Personally, I believe if you had acted with more decorum, you would have been fine. Had you kept under the radar, we would have not minded (everyone knew last summer already!)....but you continued to act out, to call attention to yourself on top of your lack of even common courtesy -- a dead giveaway. As it turns out, it is simply an excellent lesson to learn how things in the real world truly are, and how you need grow up a bit and follow the rules to fit in so you can enjoy the action like everyone else......it never really was about the money, so you need not keep telling that story. It was (and still is) about the choices you make, and being accountable for them. A lesson better learned sooner than later.....trust me!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Video games= close to nada. No time for them. And Vasili, had I stayed under the radar without disclosing what I actually was doing, I would have felt like I was lying to you guys. My priority is to buy a car. So I found a bank with %5.1 interest, and have been investing since I was 5. I know how to manage money. 12 bucks a year versus 97... I will go with 12 thank you. Another way to save money.
        It was (and still is) about the choices you make, and being accountable for them. A lesson better learned sooner than later.....trust me!
        Learned that last year... Was suspended from school for loading programs on the school computers so that I could test them out and write about them in the school newspaper... I was in a "Newspaper" class. How odd is that. Although, I learned my lesson. I was held accountable by serving three days of suspension. (one of those days I was crushed by a boulder in our creek. Not fun. :( )

I understand all of your points compltely Vasili. I am mending myself now. Thanks for letting me know now so that when I am in the real world, I will know how to act.

Comment

oh, and about the icann... My domain is under my Dad's name... He signed up for it, but I have to pay for everything I do.

Comment

You learn something everyday don't ya?
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

that I do. :) Missed the guy again!!! Curses. I have an extra 512 ram, and nowhere to put it!!! Ahhh!

Comment

well, we went down to the place and picked it up... I opened up the box, and there was a piece of paper, along with a new ac adapter... It said: PARTS REPLACED: Keyboard, Switchboard, MotherBoard, Battery, Ac Adapter!!! All for free! And, the laptop is out of warranty!

The catch... (there always is one)

The laptop doesn't recognize the new ram!!! Time to call the big V-P again... :( I am not looking forward to this. :( Condolences?

Comment

LOL .. well at least you got half of a new laptop now!
                  Best regards,
                  Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

that is true. (it is 3 years out of warranty too. hehe)
                    Waiting paitently for monday to talk to another VP.
                    My case file was so long that they decided to just fix, and upgrade everything... By the way, they gave me a new processor! It is a lot faster than the old one!

Comment

good news... They are sending me another 512 mb. ram stick for free, which I will test, and then I will put the other 2, 256 mb ram sticks in box that will be sent back to hp. Pretty cool huh?

Comment

Wow, you have them tied down my friend ..
                        Best regards,
                        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

that I do, that I do. I mean, direct line to someone who can "
                          act on the presidents behalf".

Comment

Working...
                          X