Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a big prob in my pc PLS HELP - publishing and ftp access problems !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have a big prob in my pc PLS HELP - publishing and ftp access problems !!!!

Originally posted by Nite Producer
    Thank you ladyeye, but as I said in the post above, I give up, I will just live with it untill it solves itself, I tried everything, enable and disable everything, in one stage I had just windows and BV runing, but I think, I'm not sure, I think it's gonna be an option or a configuration in IE or my internet service account or the ISP itself.

Anyway, thanks guys for everything, and still if anyone can have an idea or was in the same situation and got out of it, may always let me know.

Thanks again.
    Funny isn't it ...

Happens to me, if I can't find something, as soon as I give up, I find it ... why do I wait so long ...

Electronics are the worst - today the flicker, tomorrow it doesn't,. but tonight it will again ... lol

I have an ongoing dilemma with a signal light on my car, today it works, tomorrow it doesn't, I take it for repair, there is nothing wrong with it ... works for three weeks, plays dead for two ...

We need more "Woman" in these roles of manufacturing ... lmao ...

hee hee

Well good luck with your dilemma, let us know if you ever get it sorted and what you think may have done the trick ... I am sure you are not alone ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: I have a big prob in my pc PLS HELP - publishing and ftp access problems !!!!

Originally posted by Karen Mac
      Recently I experienced WEIRD happenings from my isp. Do they happen to RECOMMEND their firewall, popup blocker and virus protection? As a free download? If they do use it to configure your use of the isp and then uninstall it! See if that helps.

Karen
      actualy, there is a server I access to configure my modem, I looked at it, too many technico things I don't understand, I looked at their firewall, it seems alright, it was off, but I think I will look at that configuration again properly and try to see if it's related to something.

Thanks for reminding me that.
      The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
        Funny isn't it ...

Happens to me, if I can't find something, as soon as I give up, I find it ... why do I wait so long ...

Electronics are the worst - today the flicker, tomorrow it doesn't,. but tonight it will again ... lol

I have an ongoing dilemma with a signal light on my car, today it works, tomorrow it doesn't, I take it for repair, there is nothing wrong with it ... works for three weeks, plays dead for two ...

We need more "Woman" in these roles of manufacturing ... lmao ...

hee hee

Well good luck with your dilemma, let us know if you ever get it sorted and what you think may have done the trick ... I am sure you are not alone ....
        Yeah happened to my car, the funny thing is, it works perfectly in NSW state, and it starts to play up when I'm in QLD state, every time.
        The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer
          actualy, there is a server I access to configure my modem, I looked at it, too many technico things I don't understand, I looked at their firewall, it seems alright, it was off, but I think I will look at that configuration again properly and try to see if it's related to something.

Thanks for reminding me that.
          Actually give them a call and have them walk you thru it because Im sure thats where it is.

When I finally got a supervisor tech rep on the phone of my isp he said oh well you CAN access this in your firewall settings. I said well ive been in my settings and its not there, its in your firewall, ive even unistalled my firewalls so they arent even on my computer. Your jr techs have told me its your proxy firewall. So then he says.. OH you have to download ours to access the control panel...<if he had been there i would have slapped him>

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ah well, if I would talk to a local operator, I'll call, but as many of us know now, that the operators and customer services of many big companies from USA and Australia are overseas based for the cheap cost of that labors.

I'm sorry fellas, no offence to anybody, we know which country I'm talking about, but seriously, give me a break, They are trying "those operators" to pretend that they are professionals and talking in an american or english accent, but that's the only thing they can do, they don't give any assistance or help at all.......... WHY? because they don't understand what I'm talking about.

Example : "it's mentioned above but let say it again in details"

I was telling an operator, I can't publish.
            "SHE didn't get what is publishing" ---- that what you call an operator or a customer care for and INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER.

ok, in simple language:
            I said : it's a server hosting my web site, I can't access that server via my software or ftp client.

operator : it's rare that we ban a web site, unless if it is illegal.

me : sorry, it's not a web site, it's a server, it's a different name of something looks like a computer and doing bigger work than a computer.

operator : I understand sir, but you must contact the owner of that web site and ask him maybe he banned you to access, because it's rare when we ban a web site.

me : I have a lookup contract with you, how much I should pay to cancel my contract?

operator : 224.something AUD

me : thank you, can we procced and cancel now?

my wife : don't do it now, I still need to use it for a couple days, get a new ISP to install and then cancel.

me : ok honey.

me to operator : ok, thank you for not helping me, have a good night.
            The Producer

Comment

Working...
            X