How many browsers can i have on my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many browsers can i have on my computer

Well I test drove all 4 and not too keen on Opera, FF is ok but agree, there are some issues especially with showing pics on certain candy sites I frequent. SB is pretty much tied with IE. Kinda swayed toward SB after racefan's suggestion. But 15? like him? Don't think so. 4 is enuf. May take Opera off...So that's my feedback and I flip/flop the default between the two until I figure out which works the best for what I am viewing.

Learned here thought on the stats of IE and FF, never knew that IE was that far ahead. Thought FF was becoming more popular...
    http://www.rogerwrapit.com

Comment

Originally posted by nksiefert
      SB is pretty much tied with IE. Kinda swayed toward SB after racefan's suggestion. But 15? like him? Don't think so. 4 is enuf.
      LOL I don't use them all, I'm just constantly on the hunt for newer or better things. It will take a lot for anyone to convince me to use anything but Maxthon or Slim Browser.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm1
        Hi navel....

awwww man i was afraid that was happening because i downloaded firefox on moms computer and it showed the same.

Well the method i used was the image box in blue voda i have those burning lines in a folder with other images and backgrounds on my desktop folder

C:\unzipped\muddyswirl\faverite backgrounds\burning_line.gif

are the bottom images out of wake also.
        the marqee and the computer with 24 hour business as well?

i hope i dont have to do the index page over again but if its what i got to do then so be it.

hopefully you got a trick up your sleeve and can save me about 4 or 5 hours.

thanks
        malcolm1
        http://www.biz-giant.com
        Ok, i've checked your site in both IE and Firefox. It is NOT a problem with the images, it is a problem with IE and Firefox giving the TEXT different spacing between lines. Your text in Firefox is LONGER than in IE. Just open your page both in IE and Firefox, make the two browser windows resizable, and put them one beside the other. You will see that the text in Firefox is spreading more than in IE. The images instead, are placed by BV in absolute coordinates, defined in pixels, so they are always in the same position.

I don't have any trick for that. I can only suggest that you create a table in the central part of your page, and put both text and images in the table cells. This should solve your problem.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I use both IE6 and FF. Somethings IE6 is just better, a lot of programs are made to be seen in IE.
          The forums in FF are more user friendly, IE tends to be a little to technical -like reading a treaty on physics- lol.

Stay away from IE7 until they fix the bugs.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
            I use both IE6 and FF. Somethings IE6 is just better, a lot of programs are made to be seen in IE.
            The forums in FF are more user friendly, IE tends to be a little to technical -like reading a treaty on physics- lol.

Stay away from IE7 until they fix the bugs.
            That's a fact, Jack! (I mean, Bill!) That thing had so much promise and they've made a mess out of it.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

As many browsers as wished can be installed and that is final. It is better not to open multiple browsers at the same time.

Comment

actually
                using lots
                of browsers
                isn't
                that good and it will
                confuse
                you
                Id rather
                use 2 browser like FF an IE its much
                easier
                and gives a better
                performance
                for
                Ur
                PC
                and u wont be confused when u
                want
                to visit a site that you book marked or your history
                that's
                my opinion

Comment

I am using three browser now IE, Slim Browser, and Crazy Browser. I will continue to monitor their performance. So far everything is great. I love Slim Browser, although I have just downloaded today (Sept. 14).

Arnold
                  Make $1000.00 A Day online with EDCGOLD/ 100% Commission. Not MLM. Not dependent on Down-line. Not waiting months before making money.
                  http://cashforyou.dubbsmarketing.com/

Comment

I have IE7 and the Mozilla project called seamonkey.
                    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey.
                    I used this for all my oreviews before publishing my site and use it as my default browser. I use IE when I need to for sites that are only IE compatible.
                    Pete
                    www.kellyholidays.com

Comment

Working...
                    X