Windows 7/BV problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 7/BV problems

well i hope something comes of these post as i am not to into it, i dont have the patience to adjust everything mm by mm and check preview after every adjustment, i am feeling a little disillussioned with my purchase atm.

Comment

I haven't seen an answer to this Windows 7 problem anywhere. I just kept uninstalling and reinstalling and one day most of it went away. I still have the x;y problem but the placement issue solved itself. And apparently it's only affecting a few people with Windows 7.
      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
      Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
      Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

hey jcay, i have communicating with support, and actually fixed it myself before they could help. Wasnt bv or server for me, dont even know if it was W7.

if you are experiencing exzctly my problem, here is what i did. and all my pages corrected them selves.

open control panel
        -appearance and personalisation
        -adjust screen resolutiion
        then click one that says"make text and other items larger or smaller
        then adjusted to 100%
        apply and restart

I have never been into this setting b4, so can only guess some program or update did it.

really hope this helps you cause i totally understand your pain

Comment

Acejase, I was at 100% at first and then my spacing on BV pages was all over the place. Then when I moved it to 150% the spacing showed okay. That lasted for a while and then one day it was off. Then I went back to 100% and all was well. And during this time I had uninstalled and reinstalled BV numerous times. Now all is well except the X & Y coordinates and size block in the lower right of BV. I'm at 100% (I believe that's the smallest setting) but I only have space for 6 digits total. It's like either the text is too large or the box is too small. I've contacted Support for their help.

Here's images of my BV pages:

There's probably some simple thing I've done, but I can't figure it out.
          Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
          Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
          Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

acejase
            Thank you sooooo much for that it worked! Well done you for finding it.
            Can I just add a little clarfiaction that the CP you need is in Windows 7 and NOT BV where I spent some time looking before the penny dropped LOL

Thank you

Debbie

Comment

i did before i tried those setting changes, muck around with something called catalyst control system, i dont know what it is or if it did anything aswell, but what ever it was did not have my correct screen size in place and i corrected its set size. I dont think it was anything though, but hey i dont know much.

hope you get it fixed up too.

Comment

Once I upgraded to the new BlueVoda site builder I had no problems at all.

The Catalyst that you speak of (on my computer) is the driver/software for my video card. My video card is Radeon HD 4890 and I am running dual monitors. I havent had exactly the same problem as you however BEFORE I upgraded to Win 7, and my new video card, when I would preview my page items would appear in a different spot on my preview screen then they would on my BlueVoda site builder. However all seems to be working well now.

I hope you get it worked out well if you havent already!

Comment

In answer to your first question you need to associate a file extension with a program.
                  1. find a bluevoda.bvp file and right click
                  2. select "Properties" tab at bottom
                  3. click the "Change" button and Browse for BlueVoda in Program files.
                  Click "apply" then "ok" and you're done.

I wouldn't advise this with the extension.html though.

As for your second question with Windows 7, changing the default system font size from 100% is not a good practice.
                  Some programs will display errant behaviour and it can appear the the text is missing from buttons etc. Sometimes you can even lose the ability to select buttons.
                  This won't answer your BlueVoda text issues but I hope it heads off any unwanted consequences with other Windows operations

Comment

Since changing to 100% I have no problems and no more piling text up on the bottom of the pages. Everything goes in the right place first time. Nada, Nothing everything works great. Sometimes the text is too small so I just use ctrl + as many times as I need and hey presto, text big enough to read without my glasses....a huge bonus

Debbie

Comment

Working...
                    X