No announcement yet.

Security/Protection For BV Sites | Copyright, Source, Print, Asset Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Security/Protection For BV Sites | Copyright, Source, Print, Asset Protection

IMHO, besides for the fact that there are always ways around any protection you use, its not possible to ever beat the system.

I say this mainly because the internet is inherently made for the open transfer of information to anyone connected to it. Trying to prevent this is opposes this. I'm not saying that this wrong, or that is a bad thing, just that its a big task, something that isn't possible unless the technology changes to aid in this.

There isn't anything you can do to prevent it, by making people think that this is a "solution" to the problem implies that it’s going to completely prevent it. People want to feel secure, they want reassurance that their work is protected, but the fact is it’s not possible. If people have a rough time sleeping at night because they are so worried about their images being stolen, or someone copying and pasting content need to understand that NOTHING is going to prevent it, that this isn’t a solution, but a deterrent. Its good that people are being made aware of such a tool, so long as they understand what it will accomplish.

If people want to waste time (that’s pretty much what I consider it is when you take your time to implement measures that will only prevent a percentage of people from stealing something from your website). In the end if your website has content that is worth enough to steal it will get stolen no matter what. The percentage of people who don’t have the knowledge to disable their JavaScript while on a website, or don’t know how to use the print screen key is dwindling every day. As time goes on the younger generation of people are taking over a bigger and bigger piece of the pie that makes up the users of the internet. And it’s a pretty safe bet that they will know enough to take a print screen, eventually the majority of computer users will be classified as an advanced user when it comes to using a computer.

Again, its great to make people aware of all the tools there are, so long as they fully understand its not going to prevent, just deter, if they don’t want something stolen it shouldn’t be on the internet (or a computer connected to the internet).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: Security/Protection For BV Sites | Copyright, Source, Print, Asset Protection

Wadaflip:

Precisely my point.... If it is possible to steal it many will. But to some there is a simple I do not feel right in grabbing it and using it......

Right now we all are on the honor system and hope that no one uses our ideas..... or images.... But the safest computer on the planet is one that is never taken out of the box..... Therefore all the copyright laws or the preventive measures one adds to their images or intellectual property only makes a person who can grab these want them even more to proove a point.

That point is "This does not stop me from getting this"

If an average surfer I would ever be, saw something I wanted then THERE IS NO program to stop me from getting it.

But since I go beyond a surfer online, I have no need for all that security because I know the only one that works is when I do not even have it placed in view of anyone to see it.

A computer inside a box is as secure as it ever will be but placing it on the internet makes it and all the images or other information available to those with the ability to grab it from a website or your very own computer.

We are getting there but I very much dount that it will be during our life span.....

Very good of you to repeat what has been said over and over thru out this thread........ by many already......

Ram_Industries
      Robert Montgomery
      Ram_Industries
      Robert A. Montgomery
      Ram-Industries@comcast.net
      http://Martech-Inc.biz

Comment

Considering all that has been said,
        how about a UK650 Pound solution?

Digital Watermark
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

You haven't seen my paintings! I would be glad to get a UK650 pence for one. lol
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

really interesting thread ... thank you

I learnt long ago that if you don't want something borrowed from your website then don't put it there ... my website is copyrighted and the images are as good as useless for anything other than websites ... lol ... I protect myself by owning the originals and backup copies of everything...

I sleep well and do not worry ... and deal with cases of theft when and if ...
            kym, merlin & tala
            creating white majick
            www.whiteshepherds.com.au
            www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
            www.merlinsmajick.com
            www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Working...
            X