New Explorer - Amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Explorer - Amazing

IE 7 has even more bloat code than the other versions. I didn't think it was possible. It is really funny to me that some people (the majority of them in the world) use IE because it came bundled on their systems and that is what they know. Using FireFox makes the whole internet much faster. The rest of the world is slowly catching on to FireFox. About time.
    Affordable Medical Insurance
    Discount Dental Plan
    Washington State Health Insurance
    Temporary Health Insurance
    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Hmmm.... IE might not be the best, but FF is still very low on preferences.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

In less than 4 years, Microsoft's Chief software architect Ray Ozzie revealed that they will be moving from "bundled packages" into internet-based functions entirely (Windows Live!), so I suggest not being swayed by current and soon-to-be-unveiled marketing campaigns regarding utilities, OS, or other tools.

The pressure to "upgrade" to IE7, Office 2007, and Vista (even by building in redundancies and traps via the constant barrage of auto-updates on unsuspecting user systems) is completely overshadowed by the impending quantum shift to Vienna (the successor to Vista), scheduled for release in 2009.

This shift by Microsoft from providing "stand-alone" systems to requiring web-based licensing makes a pretty good case for savvy developers to consider migrating to other independent (and more reliable?) utilities and systems, such as your mentioned FireFox browser, ACT for email and information connectivity (rather than Office), and other open source OS (already available and touted as "best of breed").
        * Interesting thought: If the industry is moving everything to web-based applications, how soon should we expect the monopoly of ISP's to start raising monthly connection fees through the roof?? Makes a lot more sense to support the Free Net bills moving through Congress even now.....

"Preferences" do not usually indicate intelligent progress, but like trends and other variables, constantly change according to opportunity (or so they should!).

Source: Optmize Magazine, March 2007 "Update: Is Microsoft in The Groove?"
        IMO
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by motoxxx
          IE 7 has even more bloat code than the other versions. I didn't think it was possible. It is really funny to me that some people (the majority of them in the world) use IE because it came bundled on their systems and that is what they know. Using FireFox makes the whole internet much faster. The rest of the world is slowly catching on to FireFox. About time.
          IE sucks, but so does FireFox. I don't use either one, but I'd choose IE over FF any day because FF conflicts with so many web applications.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
            In less than 4 years, Microsoft's Chief software architect Ray Ozzie revealed that they will be moving from "bundled packages" into internet-based functions entirely (Windows Live!), so I suggest not being swayed by current and soon-to-be-unveiled marketing campaigns regarding utilities, OS, or other tools.

The pressure to "upgrade" to IE7, Office 2007, and Vista (even by building in redundancies and traps via the constant barrage of auto-updates on unsuspecting user systems) is completely overshadowed by the impending quantum shift to Vienna (the successor to Vista), scheduled for release in 2009.

This shift by Microsoft from providing "stand-alone" systems to requiring web-based licensing makes a pretty good case for savvy developers to consider migrating to other independent (and more reliable?) utilities and systems, such as your mentioned FireFox browser, ACT for email and information connectivity (rather than Office), and other open source OS (already available and touted as "best of breed").
            * Interesting thought: If the industry is moving everything to web-based applications, how soon should we expect the monopoly of ISP's to start raising monthly connection fees through the roof?? Makes a lot more sense to support the Free Net bills moving through Congress even now.....

"Preferences" do not usually indicate intelligent progress, but like trends and other variables, constantly change according to opportunity (or so they should!).

Source: Optmize Magazine, March 2007 "Update: Is Microsoft in The Groove?"
            IMO

With all due respect, my friend, you be full of poo-poo. lol
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

ouch

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                With all due respect, my friend, you be full of poo-poo. lol
                Hmm. Seems like an oxymoron!

The article is there, Microsoft is pretty open about the directions they are moving in, the industry is moving to web applications......did I miss something?

Not that I have even begun to wrap my brain around using an OS that seems to me like a calculus class, but do you see an alternative to the model (Linux, RedHat, whatever) discussed that I do not?

PS: I think I have pretty much made up my mind to shift to the browser in ACT anyway, seeing as I have been having so much trouble recently with IE and connectivity in general. It seems to be much more stable and universal that FF, Mozilla, Slim, etc., and is not hooked into AOL's ad schemes. Do you have any recommendations other than what has been discussed (for the rest of us not using Vista)?

Comment

Im not too keen on it. Freezes alot and crashes my computer. Although, saying that, it hasnt done it for a while.

Comment

Did you no that when you upgrade to vista ie7 changes.

Comment

I use Vista and IE 7 and, to be honest i do not have any problems at all.
                      I also use IE 6 and XP and that works ok also.

The only problem i had with IE 7 was gettting used to the new tab type surfing, and "memorizing" the visual changes in the toolbars and buttons.
                      Navaldesign
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

But i prefer to build my pages optimized for the browser that 85 % of the people use.

I do not have the means (power or money or luck) to be a *******.....
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                          Do you have any recommendations other than what has been discussed (for the rest of us not using Vista)?
                          Yeah, Maxthon, which I've recommended many times. It's IE based, but it is so much better than IE. It actually runs better on a non-Vista machine, but I like it with my current configuration as well. There are two versions of it, and Maxthon2 should only be used on a Vista enabled pc.

BTW, I was kidding about the full of poo-poo thing, I just like to annoy people once in a while.
                          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                            I do not have the means (power or money or luck) to be a *******.....
                            Not directed to you, General!
                            Merely a statement that preferences do change, often according to inherently unfair influences that are part of a "grand scheme" as opposed to true freedom of choice!

I (for one) am not looking forward to massive system changes as "prescribed" by Micorsoft's habit of developing new technologies whilst building in redundancy of previous releases. I have become to think that there might be something to the "open source Community" thinking after all......although it will mean a lot of work on my part to preserve my independence!!

Comment

I do NOT take it pesonally Vasili, i just thought that if i have to do an online job, i would do everything to be able to catch as many clients as possible, so i would go for those who statistically use IE and then think about the others.

Also, i consider that IE doesn't have all those problems, at least i have not encountered them. It might be just a question of settings, as i do not "push" too much my browser.

And, IE7, i find, is reliable (at least now, after development) and offers many things that other browsers need to implement as pluggins etc.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

I for one prefer IE7 even though if you had asked me a couple of weeks ago I would have been like, EI who? With a slow connection, maybe IE is not the choice as it tends to be painfully handicapped.

But from a designer who uses BlueVoda and ONLY BlueVoda to design sites, I prefer IE because so far (that I know of, and I am no expert), it is the only browser that showcases all of bv's features. Like, page transitions, scrollbars modifications, and I'm sure more that I haven't tried.

So, for all of you IE haters (VodaHost, Shame on YOU of all people), tell the bv programmers to have those features accessable across the board. Then, and only then, will I not be disgusted by such **** I'm hearing. Just because you have a ****py system is not Microsoft's fault.

Smile, boys...

Comment

Working...
                                X