New Explorer - Amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Explorer - Amazing

General Vodahost was posting this almost 9 months ago, and IE7 WAS rubbish at that time, with so many lots of bugs that would practically freeze all the time.

I do agree that FF is faster, as it much lighter. If you do install all the pluggins that IE7 has by default, i think that FF would also become heavy and slower.

However, it is also a matter of personal opinion, and i DO like IE
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The browser wars continue!
      Thanks Racefan I'm going to try your Maxthon for the simple reason that right now IE7's gone strange - after the last load of updates from MSFT I get hangs and crashes.

Firefox which I like doesn't do well with BlueVoda - as someone above said so please let's get it compatible - depending on which stats you read Firefox is now anywhere from 5-12% and maybe more of browser users so think that rates it #2 right now.

Anyway as 88-95% of users use IE and if we're using BlueVoda then that's what we have to design for.

But again a second plea to have BV totally Firefox compatible - Please.
      CedarAtticVents.com Genuine Cedar Attic Vents, Gable Vents and Shutters in many Standard Designs and Sizes as well as Custom Made to Your Specifications
      HingeAndLatch.com Gate and Door Hardware with the look and feel of yesteryear. Traditional and Antique styles to enhance all your entrance-ways

Comment

I loved IE7 for a while but last night it just drove me crazy ... won't download ... freezes everything ... this morning froze up ... loads ever so slowly ... I suspected it was an IE problem last night ... not computer ... now I don't know what to do to fix it ... I am so computer illiterate ... I just want something that is not going to cause me problems ...

I am going to have to try to solve the problem somehow today ... coming here has confirmed what I suspected about IE7 ...
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Yeah, it can be a piece of junk, but for now it seems bvders are stuck with it because many of the features are predominantly optimized for IE...what can do you?

Comment

I have not been able to access the web for more than 14 hours because of this problem ... every time I try it freezes my whole system and says internet explorer not responding ... I can not even close down correctly .... does anyone know where I go to get help? It's useless to try on line as I cannot even get on line any more ...
            kym, merlin & tala
            creating white majick
            www.merlinsmajick.com
            www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

is the world a global village?

there was this two boys chatting one day.
              one of the boys tells his friend, are you a villager?
              ofcourse for something the other boy said.
              he answers, but the world is a global village.
              therefore, we are all villagers.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaDee
                Yeah, it can be a piece of junk, but for now it seems bvders are stuck with it because many of the features are predominantly optimized for IE...what can do you?
                You, nor anyone else have to be 'stuck' with it. There are many alternatives out there which, IMO, are superior to IE7. I use Maxthon, as Racefan mentioned earlier in the thread, and I never have any problems. I let IE7 reside on my pc but NEVER use it for anything. Go to Download.com and search for browsers - you will find many.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks, Amanda. I use FF for most of my browsings. But I just noticed that many of the features available in bv are not compatible. That why I said we are stuck, because if I add such a feature, I would recommend my clients to view the site in IE to get the full experience.

Comment

thanks everyone ... if I can get on the internet long enough without 'hell' freezing over I will download maxthon ... otherwise I will have to do it from work via using my portable disc ...

of course Microsoft were only of little help ... and UI will take their suggestion of unintalling IE7 and reverting back to 6 ... but they did say 6 would only be supported for a few months ... aarghh .. frustration
                    kym, merlin & tala
                    creating white majick
                    www.merlinsmajick.com
                    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thanks, Amanda. I use FF for most of my browsings. But I just noticed that many of the features available in bv are not compatible. That why I said we are stuck, because if I add such a feature, I would recommend my clients to view the site in IE to get the full experience.
                      That's the beauty of Maxthon. It's IE based, you'll see the web as you would with IE, but it runs differently than IE. Less bloat, less issues all around.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hmmm, I better look into it then, because IE is more problem than it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteshepherd
                          thanks everyone ... if I can get on the internet long enough without 'hell' freezing over I will download maxthon ... otherwise I will have to do it from work via using my portable disc ...

of course Microsoft were only of little help ... and UI will take their suggestion of unintalling IE7 and reverting back to 6 ... but they did say 6 would only be supported for a few months ... aarghh .. frustration
                          IE7 is merely an update, go to add & remove programs and remove IE7, your computer should revert back to 6 ... Set your computer to download updates automatically, however always choose custom install, take what is critical and only what you need ... you can also set it so that IE 7 never shows up as an update again ... Good Luck!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Just downloaded Maxthon and it is working like a pro. Thanks for the recommendation, Race and Amanda.

Comment

Just downloaded Maxthon and it is working like a pro. Thanks for the recommendation, Race and Amanda.
                              Top banana! You shouldn't have any issues with it, it really is a fantastic browser. I absolutely love it and it's great fun setting it up and learning about all the stuff it can do. Enjoy!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                                Top banana! You shouldn't have any issues with it, it really is a fantastic browser. I absolutely love it and it's great fun setting it up and learning about all the stuff it can do. Enjoy!
                                You wanted a banana Amanda ... here you go, Enjoy!! lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                                X