Google analytics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Google analytics

Okay, but what I am saying is try to start a new revolution, by both promoting your product, and by demoting google and the like.

Comment

REM?
      "We should continue to strive toward excellence in our online efforts, thus elevating VodaHost as the Premier Provider, eventually emerging as a new ISP itself....THEN the others will knock on our doors as we are the singularly finest successful online Community, with great influence of our own to contend with"

In the meantime, however, were each of us to regularly send out infoLetters, or Advisements to our customer/member/client lists and rosters our position and to elicit support from them by sending an email of protest (swamping them), then we might in fact have a significant recourse....our own Tea Party worthy of being picked up by the trade magazines...(which is truly both effective and self-serving: we all get publicity, and are "grandfathered" into the "True Crew" of the VodaHost factor....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Very thought provoking, it goes to show that you do not know what you do not know. In a way you have already started your tea party, I was not really that aware of the issues you have raised Vasili, I had a hazy idea that not all was smelling of roses but not really as bad as you point out. The internet is a 'liberal' forum, it developed within the framework of free and open exchange of information and views. Now many of those pioneering organisations such as google want to change the rules, maybe they need a good kick in the electronics and discussions like this is where it will begin. Question is are people prepared to stand up to these companies or will people just sit back and let it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by nick1346
          Very thought provoking, it goes to show that you do not know what you do not know. In a way you have already started your tea party, I was not really that aware of the issues you have raised Vasili, I had a hazy idea that not all was smelling of roses but not really as bad as you point out. The internet is a 'liberal' forum, it developed within the framework of free and open exchange of information and views. Now many of those pioneering organisations such as google want to change the rules, maybe they need a good kick in the electronics and discussions like this is where it will begin. Question is are people prepared to stand up to these companies or will people just sit back and let it happen.
          Exactly!
          I was beginning to feel as if I was running the risk of being shut down for being Chiken Little!

The issue really IS about Freedom, about the opportunity for the human spirit to thrive and evolve within the framwork of the global community the WWW represents....and it should NEVER be perverted by attempts for control or dominance by any single group, especially for revenue!

I really think the 2-pronged effort to build VH into a very visible influence (as long as we really do present an outstanding community with our websites, bonding, etc. -- all the strengths we now have and can use "free") with our combined economic strength as businesses AND a concerted effort to instigate a sustained effort to literally swamp (if not consistently shut down) their servers with volumes of protest email - created by our eliciting like kind response from our vast client pools additionally - would be not only newsworthy, but relatively effective. On the back side it might even posture VH in a much more visible role in the defining the WWW future.....who knows? Maybe VH is the next big ISP!!!

In the meantime - today it's a "tarriff" on email, and tomorrow it could be 'justifiable' for the same ISP to charge for outgoing email to rival ISP clients! Who knows where it might end....

The grand scheme is to form, manage, control, and peddle influence to manicured internet "communities" or "preferred Groups" by way of advertising and economic pressure, hence the Preferred Advertisers status, whitelists, and higher rates for those 'marketers' not presently participating in the advertising programs, like AOL keywords, or AdSense.... >> Why doesn't anyone get the fact you have to buy into AdSense to get Googles Analytics, which just 4 months ago still had hundreds of professional webmasters on the waiting list - now the give it "free"???? *And the results are already starting to show ranking preference for sites that participate in Google programs.....WHOOPS! I meant "practices" and conformities.....

Yes, it will cost me some money and some logistical tip-toeing, but I will emerge nonetheless.....but I get pretty p***ed off when a smartass tries to pick my pocket all the while grinning at me sheepishly just because everyone else is afraid to call him a thief first!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

So ultimately the big powerhouses of the net will be the only ones who get noticed, the littleman will be pushed to the obscure backwaters only accessable via dodgy internet 'tubes'.

Makes me think of the average user. Most people seem to only use the net for commercial activities, pay a bill, check a bank balance, buy a book to those people google, aol etc are service providers like electricty generating companies and to them it may be resonable that they pay a small amount for email etc. They may also think it reasonable that the search engines sort out the 'wheat from the chaff' after all who wants to buy a book from someone you've never heard of? It's those people who need to be reached. Hmmmm

Comment

what i love about Google is you don't have to pay alto of money to advertise to yr site you can do it with at least as 5$ and that's so cheep and effective

Comment

Working...
              X