Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Forum

Revised this installation of Ranks, this worked for me

1. First, you must acquire the rank images, you can download some at: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?db=2
    2. Then, Using your Blue Ftp Manager or an Ftp Program Such as Smart FTP, login to your server
    3. Go to the directory that you have phpBB installed in, and go into the images directory/folder and open
    4. Using the rank images you downloaded & unzipped, drag or copy them into the image directory/folder
    5. Login to your phpBB Board, and go to the admin panel
    6. Go to user admin, Ranks
    7. Fill in the appropriate information
    8. For the image path put images/thenameoftherank.gif, .jpg, or .png
    with no slash at the beginning of the image path
    If they still do not work, make sure you have the permissions on the images directory set right, to 666 or 777

I used 777 for the permissions, to do this, right click in your ftp manager, select properties, you will see permissions, reset to 777

Comment

Originally posted by C L
      Revised this installation of Ranks, this worked for me

1. First, you must acquire the rank images, you can download some at: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?db=2
      2. Then, Using your Blue Ftp Manager or an Ftp Program Such as Smart FTP, login to your server
      3. Go to the directory that you have phpBB installed in, and go into the images directory/folder and open
      4. Using the rank images you downloaded & unzipped, drag or copy them into the image directory/folder
      5. Login to your phpBB Board, and go to the admin panel
      6. Go to user admin, Ranks
      7. Fill in the appropriate information
      8. For the image path put images/thenameoftherank.gif, .jpg, or .png
      with no slash at the beginning of the image path
      If they still do not work, make sure you have the permissions on the images directory set right, to 666 or 777

I used 777 for the permissions, to do this, right click in your ftp manager, select properties, you will see permissions, reset to 777
      we crossed our selfs ether way they work,

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
        Yes should be no problem, See Here

Watch it they have a link in middle back to there site.
        but if you want to add one open overall_header.tpl found in the templates folder.
        Look for code :

</SCRIPT>
        </head>
        <body background="templates/SG1/images/fond.gif" bgcolor="{T_BODY_BGCOLOR}" text="{T_BODY_TEXT}" link="{T_BODY_LINK}" vlink="{T_BODY_VLINK}">
        <a name="top"></a>

after add there code ie:

</SCRIPT>
        </head>
        <body background="templates/SG1/images/fond.gif" bgcolor="{T_BODY_BGCOLOR}" text="{T_BODY_TEXT}" link="{T_BODY_LINK}" vlink="{T_BODY_VLINK}">
        <a name="top"></a>
        <embed src="http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...r/clocks/1.swf" width="200" height="200" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
        Hay Robin if your still thinking of doing that clock . Don't the dame thing is anoying as hell tic tic tic then every hour it chimes. ah ether that or find a quite one those will drive you mad.

Comment

Hi Aliens,

Tic, tic, tic, You have a bug? lol Ok, I will keep that in mind about the clock.

No, Mr. Aliens, you have been a major treasure chest of knowledge, not I, so thanks once again.

Comment

Working...
          X