SMF sub directory install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMF sub directory install

I am trying to add a forum to my site. I keep getting an error when installing SMF. I am unclear about the sub-directory entry.

I don't want the forum to be the first thing visitors open into. But do i anme the sub-directory. The instructions says this directory must not be already created. It will be automatically created at installation.

Also, Which is the best phpbb? I'd like to have avatars and some theme control and private messages..cool stuff!

Re: SMF sub directory install

Not sure what you mean by SMF.

I use PHPBB3, and have two forums. Phpbb is quite easy to use, my members have avatars, I have differnt pics for mods and ranks etc. Private messaging is all there, and I managed to install it so it must be easy! :)

You do have to give it a name - one of mine is simply 'forum'. I just link to this as I would do any other page.

You can see my forums on www.limebrook.com and www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk (the later one is more developed). Just given you the main address so you can see how my visitors get to the forum (i.e. that it's not on the main page).
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Re: SMF sub directory install

Hi Trish

just visited your website and i think you have done a great job - that is just the sort of webiste that i would like to create with the forum and photos etc

could you tell me how you did it, what programs you used etc - i would be really grateful as it all seems like a bit of a mystery at the moment - i am being bombarded with css and dreamweaver and mambo and all sorts of jargon that i don't understand - arghhh!!!

any help would be gratefullly received

best of luck with the bearded dragons - i have a friend who has one, i will point them in the direction of your site

many thanks

nikki seal

Comment

Working...
      X