Audio & Video Formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio & Video Formats

I use firefox a lot and occasionally internet explorer. I want to know if anyone knows what are the best video formats and audio formats to use so that my music and videos generally work on both browsers...

Re: Audio & Video Formats

depending on the quality i need for the project, i will use either WMV or SWF files. both are easy to install with BV. i have not had any complaints as to whether they play or not on IE or Firefox. try them out.
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it... the music I have for my pages are mp3's so are you saying wma would work best for that? And I will make sure the video is wmv and see how that works.

Comment

no im not saying that the mp3 would play in the wma. if you have mp3 music that you want to play then i would ftp the song to my public directory with the name:
        song1.mp3
        then i would make an image on my website with the picture of the artist or something like that and i would link the image to the mp3 file. the link would look like this:
        www.yourwebsitename.com/song1.mp3
        save an publish your page and when you click on the image the song should play in one of your media players you have down loaded.
        now for videos - that is different. i would make a movie, save the movie either as a WMV or a SWF file and then i would use the proper tool supplied by BV on the left side and import the movie through the tool.
        hope this helps
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

No... I was asking if you were telling me to change them to wma because they are mp3 files. Anyway, I did change them to wma but it the songs still didn't play on my firefox, but most played on internet explorer. The video still didn't play on either as a wmv. I have to find some software to convert to a flash file (SWF) and I will try that video format. Now I just have to figure out what music format I want to settle on. The converter that I have now can convert songs to MP3, OGG, WAVE (I tried wave once before too), WMA and ACC. Thanks

Comment

i use this software to convert to swf and it recognizes most extensions:

i think i paid about $100 for it and find the versatility good.
            you mention the convertor for songs, perhaps you can share that information with us. in the meantime if you want to send me the file i would be happy to convert if for you until you decide on the software
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I like to pay for stuff and if I can and I am going to use the software a great deal, then I have no problem paying... but there are tons of free software that perform some of the same functions. So thanks but I found a free one.

Here is the free video to flash converter: http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products...-Converter.htm

Here is the audio converter that I use: http://www.any-audio-converter.com/

Here is the other video converter that I use: http://www.any-video-converter.com/p...or_video_free/

Thanks brotha...

Comment

Working...
              X