Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how to promote a forum

Originally posted by Vasili
    I'll try again....maybe someone can help me out......

So....if I have a Forum in a sub-folder of a sub-domain so it can remain password-protected (for Associate use only, as a "semi-live" training/CRM/Sales/work enviornment) does that mean it will remain "searchable" or unprotected from rogue bots - even though the domain itself is elsewhere and only DNS>VH ???

It might be helpful it it was still "ranked" as far as content (just because anything helps to "advertise" the corporate brands/sites, but is not necessary) even though it would deliver visitors to the front protected page.... or am I missing something about this setup? Would it still be possible for searchers to end up on the Main Forum page, bypassing the password layers if following up a 'link' that came up from a Google search on my cached content?

FYI: I now have to use duct tape to pull the rest of my hair out while I try to understand this prior to setting it up....
    I wish I could be of some help here but I am pretty new to the forums stuff. I am sure someone will be along soon that can help you out. You might want to try the phpBB forums out. I am sure someone there might have a answer.

cheers!
    John

Gamers Marketplace and forums

Comment

Re: how to promote a forum

Already received the solution elsewhere from the resident expertise availble from Generals RaceFan, Naval, and VodaHost......

But, thanks Travis!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X