Installing Music Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installing Music Mod

I'm sorry I've done everything as was written in the instructions...

I've read the instrutions thouroughly... and still the error

the php mod install file does not open in the browser I get 404 error

Comment

go to admin/mods/easymod in your ftp right click the easymod folder click properties make sure it's set to 755

Comment

ftp? do you mean in the cpanel in File Manager?

Comment

if so yeah, its 755

Comment

how about we skip easymod and go right to installing the music mod...

would that maybe work because I dont know where to go from here...

I am very skilled in computers windows, and the sever is linux this is where
            I become a little off key...

Comment

here is my test forum if you want to log in as adminastrator I wouldnt mind

the folder is there where its supposed to be...

http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/phpex/

I'll send you the password just say the word

by the way I appriciate the time you've spent on my learning

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
                What do you mean by sub forum do mean going to a forum within your forum.
                Yes...like you see here:

Web Hosting Pre-Sales (13 Viewing)
                Do you have a question or two you would like to ask us before you join VodaHost? (Includes - Service, Policy, Features, Network, Support, etc...)
                Sub-Forums: VodaHost Knowledge Base, Complete List of Features

Reason being, I would have to list each individual Item as a post within a thread, for example, rather than have say, all my downloadable Sales Forms set up as specific to each separate company:
                (Category) OPERATIONS & ADMINISTRATION
                (Forum) Master Forms & Templates
                (Sub-Forum) Choice Jeweler ; each post within this "Company" thread a different Sales Form....(no, not "Forum"...Sales FORM)
                (Sub-Forum) The Blingster ; each post within this "Company" thread a different Form....
                etc.
                (Forum) Sales Reporting & Tracking
                (Sub-Forum) Choice Jeweler ; I'd embed the CRM module for that unit
                (Sub-Forum) The Blingster ; etc. for the different companies....
                etc. etc.

If I can't add sub-Forums, I will have simply WAY too many in each category (and way more categories) just to cover the items to "list"....

AND this is the mod I found, but am totally terrified to install (for whatever reason).there are SO MANY!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

if you can manual edit scripts and have a good code editer then ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
                    if you can manual edit scripts and have a good code editer then ok.
                    I dont, I guess I'll continue this and start over with the easy mod...

I hate to keep you up all night, so maybe I'll check back with you later...

I'm going to start fresh and see what happens and go through the instructions very closley like I said earlier thank you for your time

if you can think of anything I'm doing wrong then please feel free to mention

Thank You
                    Sadain

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                      Yes...like you see here:

Web Hosting Pre-Sales (13 Viewing)
                      Do you have a question or two you would like to ask us before you join VodaHost? (Includes - Service, Policy, Features, Network, Support, etc...)
                      Sub-Forums: VodaHost Knowledge Base, Complete List of Features

Reason being, I would have to list each individual Item as a post within a thread, for example, rather than have say, all my downloadable Sales Forms set up as specific to each separate company:
                      (Category) OPERATIONS & ADMINISTRATION
                      (Forum) Master Forms & Templates
                      (Sub-Forum) Choice Jeweler ; each post within this "Company" thread a different Sales Form....(no, not "Forum"...Sales FORM)

umm i will have to think about that will get back to you my friend. but as it's 3.15am i have to get some sleep.

Saddin try deleting the easymod then reinstalling and try again. i will catch up with you tomorrow.
                      (Sub-Forum) The Blingster ; each post within this "Company" thread a different Form....
                      etc.
                      (Forum) Sales Reporting & Tracking
                      (Sub-Forum) Choice Jeweler ; I'd embed the CRM module for that unit
                      (Sub-Forum) The Blingster ; etc. for the different companies....
                      etc. etc.

If I can't add sub-Forums, I will have simply WAY too many in each category (and way more categories) just to cover the items to "list"....
                      umm i will have to think about that one i will get back to my friend, but as it's 3.20am here i have to get some sleep.

saddin try uninstlling easymod, download a new zip easymod and try again beleave my this mod is quite hard to install manual. if you can get easymod up this music mod will take 15 min instead of two or three hours. make sure you download the zip file.

Comment

ok

thank you

Comment

my web browser is blocking the download... it asks me if I want to downlowd the file in a security bar then I say yas and the save window pops up

could you do me a big favor?

download the file, then upload somewhere where i can download the file you downloaded, I think this might be the problem

Thanx Aliens

Comment

nitey-nite, Alien....

GOOD MORNING, Alien!

See here: http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/download.php
                            Which is the version to download for the phpBB we get via VH Fantastico? The "vanilla" or the 'older' version, despite having a template found already?
                            Tis a bit confusing.....following this page, I went on ahead and downloaded the "calender/scheduler" also listed in the download packs, but have not installed it...still zipped to my C drive...
                            You have my email, so whenever you can give me some good advice, I'll follow-up promptly..

THANKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadain
                              you dont use mods for sub forums
                              you can go to admin panel then to Forum Admin then click on management and create forums there...
                              as create catagory the create forums in the catagory...
                              Having shown the examples above, are you sure about this?
                              (I know how to administrate my board, but) There is a big difference between Category, Forum (under that category) thread/topic (within that Forum), post (within a topic), and having a sub-forum (choices under a Forum proper) to which multiple threads can be created under that heirarchy....

ALIEN/OTHERS -
                              Based on the examples and links I've posted, I again would appreciate your comments.....

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                                Having shown the examples above, are you sure about this?
                                (I know how to administrate my board, but) There is a big difference between Category, Forum (under that category) thread/topic (within that Forum), post (within a topic), and having a sub-forum (choices under a Forum proper) to which multiple threads can be created under that heirarchy....

ALIEN/OTHERS -
                                Based on the examples and links I've posted, I again would appreciate your comments.....

Oh, no. I miss took the question. I missunderstood.

and, I was just trying to be helpful with the knowledge I have... I didnt even know one could put a forum within a forum or post... it was very enlightening to see that unfold

sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X