Installing Music Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installing Music Mod

No prob! Got a hold of Race, and he also suggests I go the EasyMod way first...and I might have to do some tweaking when it sets up (50-50 chance of self installing 100%)......I' should copy part of the email so you can all see it....

""
    I would like to have a Sub-Forum for each Company to list their own materials, like in this example:

(Category) OPERATIONS & ADMINISTRATION
    ...(
    Forum) MasterForms & Templates
    ........(
    Sub-Forum) Choice Jeweler ; each post within this "Company" thread a different Sales Form....(Invoice, Follow-Up, etc.)
    ...........(
    Thread/Topic) Sales Forms (and posts can be individual forms to download)
    ...........(Thread/Topic) General Forms (with posts being individual forms like Fax, Letterhead, etc.)
    ........(Sub-Forum) The Blingster ; each post within this "Company" thread a different Form.... (Web Order Form, Submit to Supervisor, etc.)
    ...........(
    Thread/Topic) Sales Forms (and posts can be individual forms to download)
    ...........(Thread/Topic) General Forms (with posts being individual forms like Fax, Letterhead, etc.)
    ...(Forum) Sales Reporting & Tracking
    ........(
    Sub-Forum) Choice Jeweler ; I'd embed the CRM module for that unit
    ...........(
    Thread/Topic) Sales Tally Forms
    ........(Sub-Forum) The Blingster ; etc. for the different companies.... etc. etc.

I have found a mod I think should work, found here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=265040&highlight=adding+creating+c reateing+subforums+daj+glass

It seems to show the fact I am using the DAJ Glass template….and prodding through the “Packs” I already downloaded a Calendar & Scheduler file, just because it sounded interesting….(still zipped to my C drive..)

I am hesitant, not knowing if this is going to simply download, FTP it up, or how to install without screwing it up….and so it won’t mess up my whole board set up…

and General Race's Reply:

This one is a challenge to install, I've been there. Since your board is still "vanilla" (not many if any MODS), you should find and install easymod first. It will handle the bulk of the installation for you - all you'll have to do is upload the files to their proper directories and make the necessary edits on the theme (although easymod may be able to do this as well - 50/50 shot there). ""

SO......looks like I'm going to "brave it" and give it a shot.....AFTER priniting out all the stuff I loaded my forum with and made another copy of the Sub-Directory folder it is in...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yeah that subforum would be cool.
      especially for a large user base

My easymod isnt so easy either... I keep getting an error message, maybe i need to set configeration to defualt or something... i wish i knew... then I'd be a novice and be able to answer questions too

Comment

Originally posted by Sadain
        Yeah that subforum would be cool.
        especially for a large user base

My easymod isnt so easy either... I keep getting an error message, maybe i need to set configeration to defualt or something... i wish i knew... then I'd be a novice and be able to answer questions too
        Make sure you're following this path when installing:

Installing EasyMOD
        1. Download the archive of the latest EasyMOD.
        2. Extract it into the admin/ directory of your phpBB2 installation. The proper directory hierarchy should be your_forum_folder/admin/mods/easymod/.
        For more: http://easymod.sourceforge.net/readme/#installing_EM
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I have done everything you've siad to a T,

then I go to my forum log in then log in to admistration panel i have the config set to subsliver... then I open a new browser window or a tab paste in the url. Then I get this message in the browser:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@exstazjianjsadian.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
          More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
          Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanx Racefan for all your help,
          My patrons on my board are looking forward to this mod, so
          I cant back out...lol

Comment

If you are using FTP access, make sure you, as the owner, have write permission on ALL your phpBB files

Could the above be the problem and how would I know if i had permission?

thanx

Comment

Ok went through and changed each installation file to 744 like aliens said... new error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpex/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comment

finally... got it!

it was the permissions of my folders the folder have to be set as 755

Comment

I dont see any changes to the admin panel.

New questions:

Where do I access the easymod program at?

And, how do I use it?

And, how do I install a mod using easymod?

Thanx guys

Comment

Originally posted by Sadain
                    I dont see any changes to the admin panel.

New questions:

Where do I access the easymod program at?

And, how do I use it?

And, how do I install a mod using easymod?

Thanx guys
                    diregard... i didnt follow all the steps but now I did... its installed...

sometimes i dont know about me, when doing something the first time, I jumped the gun and didnt follow through with the installation

Thanx once again guys...

Comment

I found the music mod installed it but it didnt come up on the page:

I dont understand, contimplated, and have decided to read further through the posts to see why

If someone could maybe help me understand it would be much aprieciated.

Comment

I know this is getting redundant but I think I installed the wrong mod:

aliens if you could point me to the right mod please

here is the one I installed:

http://exstazjianjsadian.com/phpex/m...ong=sol#player

Comment

and if possible how to link it to the front page

Comment

You are freaking me out! I don't know whether to laugh or crawl into a corner!

I feel I must definitely wait for a personal "walk-thru" now, as my Forum has already been tweaked to act as a "Resource Center" with operations for my businesses on it, and I cannot suffer any downtime whatsoever...

"It's always the smallest of things that confound the greatest of minds...."
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I know definatly what you mean about a walk through... It was tuff for me, but once I realized the problem I was alright...

Vasil, do you know which music mod Aliens uses?

Thanx

Comment

Evening all
                                Mr Vasili did you install a submenu mod

Comment

Working...
                                X