Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find introducing or describing myself on a forum to be extremely frustrating and exciting.
    What do I say that can really capture who I really am? I believe we are all works in progress.
    Always learning and growing. That's my perception of life and I love meeting and talking with people with that same outlook on life. OK…here goes:

I love talking/discussing with people on a one-on-one basics about subjects some might find 'strange' or 'bizarre', e.g., UFOs. I've seen UFOs two times in my life. Hey, I'm a believer. I love treasure hunting, e.g., exploring ghost towns, metal detecting on the beach. I like learning how the internet can be useful in one's life rather than a tool that keeps people from getting together at a human level.

I'm 73 and full of piss and vinegar. Exercise 4 times a week lifting weights and using cables and the treadmill. I have two sons who try to keep up with me. Sometimes I'm sure they wonder about their old man and his activities. Living in
    Sidney, BC is soooooo good….I call it the Florida of Canada. http://www.sidney.ca/

I'm married to a very understanding Virgo (I'm Cancer) who lets me do my own thing, and I, her. Fortunately, we have a lot of similar interests. I believe similar interests keep a couple together and compromise is the answer to a lot of issues rather than being 'right'.

I am a closet iconoclast but will show my head once in a while as I did when I wrote my ebook (www.managersdontreadthis.com). In fact, I am writing part two of this book in my spare time.

Now for the technical stuff about me:

I have been a human resource director, manager and professional in various corporations in
    North America and overseas for the last 40 years, and I bring a high level of understanding and sensitivity to organizational problems; office politics; Interpersonal communication issues; and leadership and team dilemmas. I am a member of the Vancouver Island Professional Coaching Association and Coachville. I am a Life and Business Coach who enjoys

being creative and 'out-of-box' in my thinking, while maintaining my pragmatism. I am one of life's simplifiers. My motivation is being privileged to share in people's development. To ask the question which allows them to say "Ah-ha!" To share in their excitement with learning. This means challenging people and sometimes telling them things that they don't wish to hear. When done from a position of genuineness, integrity and support, there is a high chance of success.

I'm sure that I left out a lot of different things about me that would make me sound wonderful. However, I'm just an ordinary guy who enjoys getting up every morning and seeing what the universe is offering on the menu for my selection of the day.

Be glad to hear from other VodaHost members who want to share their insights about business/life/interests. I even answer questions….sometimes with another question. That's the 'coach' in me.

Carpe Diem.

Al Gates
    www.Cybercoaching.ca

http://tinyurl.com/y55274
    www.managersdontreadthis.com

Re: New Member

Hi Al and welcome to the forum.

Just scan around and read and you will get to know everybody. I am 7ft tall on the internet, and wear dark glasses and carry a big stick, so you will recognize me right away!

Lol

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Al and Welcome to Vodaland. It is a pleasure to meet you. You sound like a very interesting person that would be fun to get to know online! I do hope you stick around and join in on some of the threads here. I believe you will find many people that would love to share in some discussions with you in your areas of interest.

Just call me the Dream Lady (I'm in the travel business) and I'm all about making our Dreams and Journeys Happen!!

See ya around!!

P.S. I looked at your sites! Very interesting. I once visited with a career coach (councilor). I've never forgotten what I learned. That was 20 years ago!
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Welcome Al,

You will meet a lot of good people here.
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hello to you Al, welcome to VH

Comment

Hello Al, I am new here also, never done the whole "message board/posting" thing before. I love your introduction, I feel like I want to meet you and have some lessons already! Maybe someday I will come to BC to ski!

I have just taken a big risk and made a total career change (from the medical field for over 10 years to real estate). It is really going out on a limb for me considering I have never done sales! Also, since the market is really taking a turn recently, it is very difficult to start out. I have two small children however and want to be flexible in my job to be able to really spend time with them. So I decided to go for it.

I have just designed and published my first site. I know it needs work, but that is why I am here! I was having some issues (thus the screenname) but have been persistent and figured it out on my own! I do not give up easily.

It is nice to meet everyone and I am looking forward to learning many new and exciting things here!

Comment

Working...
            X