Time to bite back the high street bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to bite back the high street bank

The banks will always settle out of court because if they went to court they would be forced to open up their books to the world and then there would be an even bigger surge of people claiming. At the moment, although it seems like a lot of people claiming to us. it is not really that many for the bank.

I started the process on this and when i asked for my statements etc I sent a cheque for £10 to get them but my bank sent it back saying it wasn't needed and then sent all my statements to me. I'm owed approx about £2000 but have heard they will probably offer about £750. They are offering only a percentage of whatever it is you're claiming. A lot of people will take this but I for one would not.

It when you go over £5000 owing you want to maybe think about taking the offer as if you go over that you will no longer be able to use the small claims courts but will then have to use the bigger courts to try and get your money back.

So far out of all the people i have heard making a claim, none of them have been refused and have received some sort of payment so hang in there.
    I have done my research on this as I did not want to make any mistakes, the biggest rule is as you say....Don't take any offer out of court as you will get the full amount.

The other one is they may try and bluff you into thinking you are not entitled, they may ignore your requests, anything to put you off claiming, so yes its about hanging in there.

The forum I mentioned is brilliant and answers any question or concerns and they really know their stuff.

Keep me updated Mook to how you get on and likewise I will post any development.

Good Luck

Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by karel
      Well all the right info is off to the bank Robyn, I have opened another account just incase they get funny.

Do check back and I will let you know how I get on.

Paul
      ok, Batman..........do keep us updated,

you too Mook

Comment

Will do Cl
        Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
        FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Mook if you have any problems whatsoever do go the forum mentioned above.

You start a thread, mine being Paul V Barclays (each bank has its own section) and then just keep them updated and ask them anything you like. They take you through it step by step, have all the letters in templates and answer every question you post.

You may have everything under wraps, but its there if you need it and good luck

Paul
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Thanks Karel I'll have a look there if i have any problems. I'm just in the process of moving all my direct debits over to a new account in case they decide to muck me about and close the account down.
            FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Just seen that Robyn ha ha...Its not easy being a super hero you know....Well it does have one or two perks.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Originally posted by karel
                Just seen that Robyn ha ha...Its not easy being a super hero you know....Well it does have one or two perks.
                And you get directions to your home free of charge in case you get lost.

Comment

Hi All

Some relevant information for U.k users regarding bank charges.

One of the london radio stations have formulated a very sucessfull letter for claiming refunds on U.K. bank charges, one listerner gained over £2000 back in unfair charges i think so far the running total is now about £20,000 you can download the letter which hasbeen very sucesssfull from
                  www.lbc.co.uk go to either of 2 presenters pages for copies of the letter go to either Nick farrari or James o brians web page on the site.

make those banks pay back the unfair charges.
                  Mirelle

Comment

It's the batmobile.........great sign Mook!

......hey some more info on the banking world.

Comment

Interesting... I hope you get all your money back!
                      Best Regards,
                      Alex
                      Surveillance Systems
                      Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                      Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Are you rich yet Karel, lol ... ( you know we'll know how many cheques you've bounced over you life if you tell us the amount you get, lol)

Seems you might be in need of that now with computer issues ...

Good Luck there eh!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Are you rich yet Karel, lol ... ( you know we'll know how many cheques you've bounced over you life if you tell us the amount you get, lol)

Seems you might be in need of that now with computer issues ...

Good Luck there eh!!
                          No Karel's not rich yet Ladyeye...The wheels are now well and truly in motion, but it does take a while, you never know I might earn enough to book that chauffeur you are after....lol

Bouncing cheques, I truly don't know what you are talking about, have you been spying....

www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Lloyds TSB have just won a case in court so it could be a turning point for banks unfortunatly and they might actually start winning now. Look here for more details

Comment

Mook, I heard a story last week about citi bank taking the courts by surprise and turning up to a hearing.

What happened in this case was the person in question claimed the charges were illegal, they are not, they are unlawful. This guy has the right to appeal and go with the right facts this time around. The forum I go on says don't worry, it was the guys presantation of the facts that was his undoing.

I am still in the process of my claim, so I will let you know how things develop.
                              www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

you too Mook

Yippeeee I got my money today....Well it has took around 3 month but it has been well worth the wait, they bluffed, they stalled, but crumbled in the end.

£680 in total, just in time for my holidays, anyone else in the U.K in the same boat...Go for it.
                                www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Working...
                                X