• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Luck Darklight (Teri)

Congratulations Teri........

Comment

Really well done!
      I would hate to go through my driving test nowadays.
      My car test/exam took about 1 hour in total.
      Motorcycle exam was half this.
      PSV (Public service vehicle) took a bit longer with lots of training .
      I personally love driving (Just not near London) & preferably not in the UK. lol
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Congrats and well done Teri .......

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
        Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group

www.astralengineering.net
        www.masqueradecreations.com

Comment

Thanks everyone! Still hasnt sunk in that ive passed! lol.
          Collectors-info - I know what you mean. I live not all that far from London and the roads here are totally horrid. Im actually getting a bit freaked out that I will be driving around without my instructor there!

Again- thanks everyone!

Teri

Comment

Originally posted by darklight
            Thanks everyone! Still hasnt sunk in that ive passed! lol.
            Collectors-info - I know what you mean. I live not all that far from London and the roads here are totally horrid. Im actually getting a bit freaked out that I will be driving around without my instructor there!

Again- thanks everyone!

Teri
            Wont take you long to get used to & I am sure we wont see you for a few days. (enjoy)
            Unless you are supper wealthy? Treat yourself to a nice old/small/1000cc, but safe car for the 1st year & get that NCB down. If you have a small knock with a garden wall, you won’t have to worry about claiming if it’s an old banger.

Only my thoughts as I hate giving money to the parasites called insurance companies. Lol
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I wont be getting a car for a while. Until I really need to. At the minute, I will be using my mums car. She called the insurance company today and it will cost £125 extra for me to be insured til this July (Which is when her insurance needs to be renewed) Then I have nooo clue how much it will be for an entire year. But yeah, has to be better than going on my own. That will be over £1000. *screams*

Comment

Originally posted by darklight
                I wont be getting a car for a while. Until I really need to. At the minute, I will be using my mums car. She called the insurance company today and it will cost £125 extra for me to be insured til this July (Which is when her insurance needs to be renewed) Then I have nooo clue how much it will be for an entire year. But yeah, has to be better than going on my own. That will be over £1000. *screams*

Hi, I’m not in any way saying to do this. But we were away last year on the bikes, & a couple of young fellows joined the group for this long weekend away.
                Neither one was insured? Premiums for the year on a 800cc bike for a 19 year old was £1400.00, & he did quite a bit of shopping around to get it this low.
                The morel of this story is there is a max fine of £600 if pulled by the police & being found without insurance.

PS. Make sure your mums NCB is protected if you have a knock.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yeah I will check that with her. I think she is, but cant remember. You would have thought that the damn fine would be more than that! but oh well lol. Mum wont even let me drive in a damn empty car park to get the feel of the car. grr lol. Do you think the fine is different from a car to a bike?

Comment

Have to remember that most insurance companies are quite often influenced by people with a lot of clout.(Large Share holders & the law)
                    Now about 15/20 years ago a system was introduced into the insurance systems where a percentage of all insurance policies go’s into a slush fund, so that if I had an accident with a none insured driver, my policy would claim from the slush fund, so hopefully I wasn’t out of pocket.
                    If the courts raised this fine to a high level, I think less people would take the chance of not being insured. Then the insurance companies may have to abolish the slush fund.
                    They make far to much money from this slush fund to want this to happen, & I bet some of the share holders are the ones that make these laws???

Me cynical? Yep!.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Paul- Mate come down and we will go round the block! lol
                      Sorry I could not make it Teri? I was erm washing my hair.......

So where have you been then?
                      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

lol Paul. Ive been nowhere. Not insured yet! Mum will put me on her insurance Tuesday. (Hopefully). Cant wait to start driving though lol.

Comment

Tuesday hey...Wait a minute that's today!!

Funny really Teri when I passed my test I used to just drive around for hours, well just because I could really. Now I am always trying to get out of it : )

But it gives you so much more freedom....Enjoy!!
                          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Thats what I feel like doing now lol. Buut A) there is too much traffic. B) Im still not insured! lol. Mum is doing it now. Or trying to lol.

Comment

CONGRATS TERI!!...great going on your driving test.
                              Beezz
                              sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratulations! I passed my test xx years ago and can still remember the jubilation and freedom I felt! Well done!

By the way, I hope the suggestion that the fine was cheaper than the insurance wasn't encouragement for not having insurance?? Luckily when an idiot crashed into my car a few years ago at least he was insured and I got my car repaired. I think it is criminal to drive around in a potential lethal weapon and not be able to cover any damage you cause!!

And bikers? Yeah, I've passed my bike test too - the level of insurance is to discourage inexperienced users from taking on a bike too big for them to handle before they know what they are doing.

Sorry, sound ancient I know, but if all drivers were insured and drove a little safer all our insurance premiums would be lower!
                                Trish
                                www.Limebrook.com
                                www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                                www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                                www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                                www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
                                X