Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum Video problem/query!!!!!

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
    Hee .. heee .. heeeeee ... yeah, I think you nailed it .. and dang that was my worst subject .. LOL .. I just could never really grasp the concept that knowing when Columbus sailed the Blue, how this would ever put bread and butter on my plate .. LOL LOL LOL ...
    Laugh, talking of not knowing my history? I have only bothered to look up what all the thanks giving holidays was all about in the states, & didn’t even know it was to do with us English/European reprobates coming over & giving the poor old Indians grief for the next few hundred years. (We got a lot to answer for in the UK) Who would believe so few people turning up on an old boat could create so many problems?

Do you celebrate thanksgiving in Canada. Or is an excuse to get an early turkey & Cranbury sauce in before the Christmas rush. LOL
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Laugh, talking of not knowing my history? I have only bothered to look up what all the thanks giving holidays was all about in the states, & didn’t even know it was to do with us English/European reprobates coming over & giving the poor old Indians grief for the next few hundred years. (We got a lot to answer for in the UK) Who would believe so few people turning up on an old boat could create so many problems?

Do you celebrate thanksgiving in Canada. Or is an excuse to get an early turkey & Cranbury sauce in before the Christmas rush. LOL
      Yes, we have thanksgiving here in Canada and apparently it goes for about 3 days, like you .. hmmm .. my history is bad ..

But I always find that the Thanksgiving turkey tastes better than the Christmas one - and I suspect it's because summer has ended, the BBQ'ing has ceased, which you get sick of too, and then comes this nice dinner ..

But our thanksgiving is in October - usually the 2nd weekend .. where as in the US it is in November ... when is yours?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

But our thanksgiving is in October - usually the 2nd weekend .. where as in the US it is in November ... when is yours?
        Strange in that I see the US is celebrated for some similar reasons to Canada, but with different people, like the pilgrim’s & a bit of harvesting. And in Canada it seems to point to Martin Frobisher & also getting the crops in. I thought it was all one celebration & was the same all over the states & Canada & all about the same thing. (I’m wrong)
        As for the UK, we wasn’t (as far as I know) ever discovered. The Romans pop in for a wile a couple of thousand years ago, but got fed up & left. The nearest celebration for thanksgiving might be what we call “Harvest festival” in September, & is a sort of a religious holiday. But would of thought this! like many other things was pinched from the pagans as they go back far farther than the Christians.
        (All a good excuse for a day or 2 off) lol
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Pretty interesting Chris, what else did you discover "Christopher Columbus .. lol .. that'll be ur nic ..lol ... .. now I am just confirming whether those links to the videos above are still dead for you too? OR are they working and just not for me, LOL .. i'm surprised ***** hasn't removed them if they don't work, maybe I am cacheing .. lol ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Nah! not a thing. Oh well.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X