This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: An Open Letter to All New Users

:o :o i can't set up my site then... i'm to young for paying because this pay pal thingy don't let add my card to there and i have to pay... :( dang... but if you don't know that this site is made by this Voda thingy ( i will remove those <meta=blabla> things) so... this is wierd 0o

Comment

Jaan,
      Please post issues or comments in the appropriate thread or Forum so we can properly address them for you.
      Yes...to publish a website created using the Blue Voda website builder, you must have a paid account with VodaHost. You can always find a manner for which to pay for your account, but there is no way around this fact.

(Your BV created website cannot be altered to publish elsewhere. Don't waste time - or unecessary posts - trying to do the impossible. Spend you energy on making your website awesome, and once you get a VodaHost account, you can publish it with pride.)
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

am... okay ^^,

Comment

See, General? Your letter DOES work!

<bump>

Comment

Bump!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

BURP!
              I MEAN BUMP!.....

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

1. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
              2. Downloading Blue Voda, opening it and staring blankly at the screen for an hour will NOT get your site built. Posting here after staring blankly at the screen for an hour will NOT get your site built.
              3. Posting questions on the forum is a good idea, but POSTING IN ALL CAPS or starting your thread with the not so original title of "Please Help Me!!!!" will not get you any extra attention.
              4. A continuation of #3: Posting your question and then posting it again because you didn't receive an answer inside of two minutes is not necessary. Posting multiple threads on the same subject is also not necessary and should, in my opinion, be punishable by multiple wet willies and swirlies. (For any of our foreign visitors not familiar with those phrases, you don't want to be familiar with those phrases.)
              5. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
              6. When posting your question, please take the time to make sure those of us who don't live inside your head understand what the hell you're talking about. Questions such as "Please help, I have a site and there are lines but no squigglies" are not questions - they are statements. When someone asks you to be more specific, responding with "well, I can't see the squigglies and I need this fixed" isn't going to help much.
              7. When you've posted a question and people have posted back and forth with you to help you find the answer, it is perfectly acceptable to say, THANK YOU! Most of us don't get paid to be here, we just stop by to try to help if we can.
              8. Please read #7 again.
              9. There is a search feature on this forum, please give it a try sometime. Likewise, there is a well kept secret known as Google, which is a search engine where you can type in certain words or phrases and it will find you all kinds of things about those words and phrases from all over the internet. It's a secret, so don't tell anyone, but you can find it here: http://www.google.com/. They are rewriting the Old Testament to add an 11th Commandment of "Thou Shalt Run a Google Search". (Or words to that effect, they're still working out the details.)
              10. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
              11. *****, Brad, Sarah and George are good people who work for and run Voda Host and try their best to help. If the answer they provide to your question isn't to your satisfaction, it is not necessary to pick a fight with them. Doing so will not get you any extra help, and you'll anger those of us who have the common sense to appreciate and respect them (although George has lost some respect since ***** revealed that he cheats at Chess. lol).
              12. Watching the tutorials is a good thing!
              13. Expecting us to walk you step by step through building your pages is a bad thing!
              14. Putting together a simple "Coming Soon" page on your new domain is a good thing!
              15. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
              16. Asking how-to questions about forms, search engines and eCommerce (etc) before you've even attempted to put together a simple "Coming Soon" page is a bad thing!
              17. When a function you've put on your site (link, form, whatever else) doesn't work properly, there is NOTHING wrong with deleting it and trying again rather than first posting here and asking why it doesn't work.
              18. If someone asks you if you have the latest version of Blue Voda and you say, "I think so", you don't.
              19. Emailing me and asking me for help does not help other people on the forum with the same problem.
              20. Last, but not least: Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.

Comment

While it is true you need a Vodahost account to "publish", Blue Voda can still be used to create a site with another webhost by previewing your pages in IE then saving as a webpage which can then be uploaded to your webhost. You need to be sure to upload all the other files necessary to get it to work properly.
                No matter how fast you are going, there is always someone trying to pass.

Comment

Not strictly true....there are certain items that Will NOT work.
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank you for this help!

Comment

<quietly BUMPING>

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

1. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
                      2. Downloading Blue Voda, opening it and staring blankly at the screen for an hour will NOT get your site built. Posting here after staring blankly at the screen for an hour will NOT get your site built.
                      3. Posting questions on the forum is a good idea, but POSTING IN ALL CAPS or starting your thread with the not so original title of "Please Help Me!!!!" will not get you any extra attention.
                      4. A continuation of #3: Posting your question and then posting it again because you didn't receive an answer inside of two minutes is not necessary. Posting multiple threads on the same subject is also not necessary and should, in my opinion, be punishable by multiple wet willies and swirlies. (For any of our foreign visitors not familiar with those phrases, you don't want to be familiar with those phrases.)
                      5. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
                      6. When posting your question, please take the time to make sure those of us who don't live inside your head understand what the hell you're talking about. Questions such as "Please help, I have a site and there are lines but no squigglies" are not questions - they are statements. When someone asks you to be more specific, responding with "well, I can't see the squigglies and I need this fixed" isn't going to help much.
                      7. When you've posted a question and people have posted back and forth with you to help you find the answer, it is perfectly acceptable to say, THANK YOU! Most of us don't get paid to be here, we just stop by to try to help if we can.
                      8. Please read #7 again.
                      9. There is a search feature on this forum, please give it a try sometime. Likewise, there is a well kept secret known as Google, which is a search engine where you can type in certain words or phrases and it will find you all kinds of things about those words and phrases from all over the internet. It's a secret, so don't tell anyone, but you can find it here: http://www.google.com/. They are rewriting the Old Testament to add an 11th Commandment of "Thou Shalt Run a Google Search". (Or words to that effect, they're still working out the details.)
                      10. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
                      11. *****, Brad, Sarah and George are good people who work for and run Voda Host and try their best to help. If the answer they provide to your question isn't to your satisfaction, it is not necessary to pick a fight with them. Doing so will not get you any extra help, and you'll anger those of us who have the common sense to appreciate and respect them (although George has lost some respect since ***** revealed that he cheats at Chess. lol).
                      12. Watching the tutorials is a good thing!
                      13. Expecting us to walk you step by step through building your pages is a bad thing!
                      14. Putting together a simple "Coming Soon" page on your new domain is a good thing!
                      15. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
                      16. Asking how-to questions about forms, search engines and eCommerce (etc) before you've even attempted to put together a simple "Coming Soon" page is a bad thing!
                      17. When a function you've put on your site (link, form, whatever else) doesn't work properly, there is NOTHING wrong with deleting it and trying again rather than first posting here and asking why it doesn't work.
                      18. If someone asks you if you have the latest version of Blue Voda and you say, "I think so", you don't.
                      19. Emailing me and asking me for help does not help other people on the forum with the same problem.
                      20. Last, but not least: Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
                      as originally penned by our esteemed General RaceFan20.....

Comment

Not so quietly BUMPING!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Bump!
                          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I think I'll go ahead and make a BUMP now, looks like we're gonna need it. LOL
                            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I needed a little comic relief---thanks for being so user friendly!

Comment

Happy to be of assistance. LOL
                                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X