No announcement yet.

Animal Lovers I Need Your Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Lovers I Need Your Help Please!

If you're an animal lover, please read this. This isn't an anonymous post, its written by me, a vodahost member for almost 4 years. I live in a rural county and our local humane society is a finalist in the zoo too million dollar makeover contest. We made it into the top ten by being a wonderful shelter, no votes required. The zootoo owner saw the shelter and the need.. then put us in the top ten.

Being a rural county, we only have 166,000 people in the whole county and are up against some big cities and college towns. We need votes to win, please. Why?

Our shelter is a NO KILL shelter with NO TIME LIMIT.... When I got my dog there, she had been there for more than 6 months. But that means that unless we can expand, we can't take in any animals until one gets adopted. This shelter has only 12 kennels, the same as it's had for the past forty years. This shelter is staffed only by volunteers and exists only on donations... no tax money is used to support it.

But wait, thats not all. lol
    This wonderful shelter (The Humane Society of the Nature Coast) helps our military by finding temporary foster homes for the pets of military members.. that way the soldier can go off to war and know his pet is ok. This shelter also helps victims of domestic violence... it places pets in temporary foster homes until the victim is resettled.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Because we are so small, its hard for us to get votes. Please go to the Humane Society of the Nature Coast and click the big orange bar to sign up at zoo too and vote for us. Its free. You can vote ten times a day and if you have more than one email address, each email address can do the same. The contest is over at 11:59 pm on Saturday night.

And thank you so much from another member of Blue Voda! Please visit and vote for us.. we need enough bodies to beat the big boys.
    http://www.naturecoasthumanesociety.org

Re: Animal Lovers I Need Your Help Please!

Correction:
    The final day is not Saturday, but instead Sunday April 19th at 11:59 pm. Eastern time. Strangely, this is the only forum that hasn't either answered or voted. Oh well. Thank you for reading this far and I hope you'll go vote.

Comment

Hi inmem,
      Could be that people are put off a little by what they have to do to vote? 1st. register, then photo etc. You've had 13 views (14 now!!) maybe some of them took the time to work through the process - I did :)
      Good luck anyway - great job you're doing
      david

(Sadly, I was "rejected" as, not being a US citizen, my zip code was not valid :(.........)
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I voted 4 votes for you. Good luck to all animal lovers out there.

Comment

I voted for you...
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

I tried also, but zip code problem as well..........good luck.
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
              Hi inmem,
              Could be that people are put off a little by what they have to do to vote? 1st. register, then photo etc. You've had 13 views (14 now!!) maybe some of them took the time to work through the process - I did :)
              Good luck anyway - great job you're doing
              david

(Sadly, I was "rejected" as, not being a US citizen, my zip code was not valid :(.........)
              David,
              Thank you for trying, I wasn't aware that only those in the US can vote, sorry. Please keep in mind though that registering and posting a photo takes less than 5 minutes, well worth saving an animals life. But I appreciate you trying to help.

Comment

Thank you Flyer13 and SChajin for voting, you're the best! We "wuff" you!

Comment

If you need some free advertising let me know..For your cause...You Bet!
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

I sent it off to my friends..
                    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
                      If you need some free advertising let me know..For your cause...You Bet!

YES YES YES
                      Please..
                      anywhere, anytime but Florida voters especially appreciated since we are the only shelter in Florida to make it. Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by inmem View Post
                        YES YES YES
                        Please..
                        anywhere, anytime but Florida voters especially appreciated since we are the only shelter in Florida to make it. Thank you so much!
                        You got it, I have sent your request to all of my friends.. All of my groups, we will get you there..
                        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Go here, you will get a lot of wishes...

Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
                            Go here, you will get a lot of wishes...

http://www.wishuponahero.com/
                            Thank you so much! I went to the site and posted my wish, what a great place! Thank you SChajin for all your help, you ROCK!

Comment

Inmem I deffinitly vote for you

Comment

Working...
                              X