A walk on the Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A walk on the Beach

When I was a kid I lived very near a beach - pebble beach with nice big waves when the wind was blowing. My old dog (a lab/spaniel cross) used to bark at the waves, and never go in the water.

When I went in he would go mad with worry - and would then run up the beach, pinch my towel and run off with it. Yup, it worked - I stopped swimming pretty quick and got out to catch him! :)

Our Great Dane is also worried about water - we used to have a paddling pool in the garden on hot days, and would slide down a slide into it! If we haven't shut the Great Dane away he'll run to the slide and grab hold of the arm of whoever is trying to go down it to try to stop them hitting the water!

Aren't dogs great? Although I might not always appreciate their ways of looking after us!
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

When I was younger (ha ha) we used to take the horses to the beach..At first they were afraid then they loved it..We also rescued a german shepard and puppies, we could not keep her out of the pool..Sitting at the dinning room table we could see her go swimming by..
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Wow... Horse... That's great... How does it feel to own a horse? Hehehe...
        How would everyone look at me if I ride a horse to work? Hahahaha..........
        Can they run on tar??
        Best Regards,

Foo

Comment

Working...
        X