First snow of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First snow of the season

Ok..Here it is down to a cool 90 with a feels like at only 99! Time now is 5:30pm
    Can't wait till night fall then it goes down to only 89!
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Nights here are in the 30's at about 9pm. Going down to Boulder in the AM's all bundled up only to layer away clothes. It's like having two seasons in a 24 hour period; winter at night and summer during the day. It requires a backpack to store the heavier morning attire lol!
      Mr. Big Paw
      Somewhere in the CO mountains
      Big Paw Services

Comment

The Snow, Love it. It will be here soon in N. Wi. Fire up the sleds!

Comment

I want to teach my dog to pull a cart! LOL Give kids rides.
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

I've trained a few dogs to cart. Mostly Bernese and Newfoundlands since they have carting competitions. back in the day those breeds would cart those huge wheels of cheese blocks each weighting over 100lbs to help the farmers. They need to be comfortable with it, not so easy on other breed (my white shepherd who is perfect in any new situation I put him in, does it for a little bit but hates it), and need to know to obey directions (left, right, and so on).

A good cart can be expensive but if you really want to give you pup more exercise and a feeling of satisfaction/accomplishment without hurting her with improper harness/cart configuration or adding too much weight, get her one. She'll be really pleased to do it and please you! But first test it out first to see if she is ok with it (it's an odd feeling to have something heavy and bulky strapped to your back especially active playful breeds) and get your vet's approval. Don't forget to ask him how much weight your rottie can carry with a 2 wheeled or 4 wheeled cart.

here is all the information you did not want but got anyways! ;)
            Mr. Big Paw
            Big Paw Services

Comment

Ha Ha... Trust me she wouldn't want to please me that much! She prefers to sit in the pool, then take a long nap..Her giant feet have not been on pavement very much, it might hurt her..Just dreaming however.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Are you sure you she's a rottweiler? Sound like a Hilton princess lol. Maybe you should get her a cart to sit in rather than haul like the smaller breeds you see being pushed in baby carts in FT Lauderdale lol;)

I was actually referring to her pleasing herself not you. She's a working breed, when they get a job, what I call "doggie employment", they are satisfying their own innate instants to "work", to please the leader and the group, and stay out of trouble thus became a healthier, happier, part of the group.

How old is she? Sounds like 7-8...
                Mr. Big Paw
                Big Paw Services

Comment

She is 4 1/2 but she's a little on the large size..LOL Most of the time she won't even go for the ball! When we had the Dobie she would play, but we lost her..She cried for over a month for her friend. I want to move to NC for the mountains and I will get her a friend then..
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

You mean the hills of NC?! Unless you mean NC to be North Colorado, than you'll be a little closer to real mountains;) Having a new puppy will do her good. Rotties are not always ball crazy but again, it's a personality issue not breed. Why should princess run when she has you to get her her things while she lays by the pool keeping your paws "white" sipping on canine margaritas lol. I wish I was treated as well as many dogs out other... They have the life!!!

As for the snow update. It's in the 60's here and high 70's in the Boulder/Denver area. everyone is driving up the canyon to check out the Aspens.

p.s.

Doggie margaritas is a kick ass invention! I bet it FL and CA will be good markets for that! We don't have many pools in CO;) I am copyrighting this post.
                    Mr. Big Paw
                    Big Paw Services

Comment

I go to the shows in China..Pet Shows..You would not believe what stuff I see, there is some really killer stuff, but talk about a baby carriage WoW!!

PS..North Carolina just outside of Ashville..Small Stuff I Know..I need to be kind of close because of my Mom..She is 83, she still travels a lot however..The world..She has been everywhere!
                      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Do you know I don't see snow??..
                        you may believe me and you may not..
                        I live in a county that every thing here is hot...
                        policy,weather and temper..
                        the last time I saw snow .....
                        about ten years ago.....

nice topic
                        thanks

Comment

UpDate:::: A cool 93 here, not to sure what the heat index is..Hot!
                          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Sometimes I miss the scorching 120-130 degrees running drills with full gear and long sleeve cotton shirt (NOT rolled up- stupid military rules) but then I remember the humidity and cold showers that were never cold enough!

I used to live somewhere with a relative humidity averaging 100% with temps rarely below 100 for a few months during the summer - and it never rains in the summer there so no relief - you step outside and you feel hot, uncomfortable, and sticky smelly. Every little move you make requires sweat to pour out from a new area yet discovered by science.
                            Mr. Big Paw
                            Big Paw Services

Comment

So what about a humidity index update? here it is ZERO! It may actually be more since air has H2O in it but is it so little it's not worth measuring.

The way I measure humidity in the AM is I grab a pile of snow, sqeeze it, then blow it or throw it in the air. If it doesn't stick it's going to be a beautiful powder day for the backcountry. If it sticks a little, it's a good day for the back side of the resorts. if it turns into a snowball, I stay at home and let the tourist have snowball fights in the afternoon slush.

How do you measure humidity, heat, or cold?!
                              let's run with that until it snows again;) We are starting the wind season - today's winds are reaching 60mph - not many people know this but the mountains get a lot of funnels and tornadoes, it's just that they are so far from most people they are not mentioned. Longs peak clocked 218 mph winds!
                              Mr. Big Paw
                              Big Paw Services

Comment

Sounds like Florida!!! Ha Ha
                                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                                X