This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Favorite Quotes -

I never made a mistake in grammar but one in my life and as soon as I done it I seen it.

Carl Sandburg
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Helen Keller
      www.madinmelbourne.com.au
      the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.
        Henry Ford
        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

I watched and interview with the 2007 Superbowl winning coach, Tony Dungy, and one thing he said during the interview hit me like a 280 lb defensive tackle. It was something very close to this. (I may have missed a couple of words) "Great people are not people that do great things, they are people that do everyday things exceptionally well."

Hey guys, I love this thread I hope it keeps going.

Comment

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
            Theodore Roosevelt
            Ken

Comment

Lets have a phone.Its really amazing and a wonderful joke that happened in my house 6 months back.Here we have a toy snake which looks like original one.Here there is one servant to do outside jobs like digging and cleaning.He is a particular type of person.One day we did one thing.We put that snake where he sits usually.When he saw that snake he dint move for a while.He wanted to take his clothes but he is afraid.If the snake attacks him.He looked for a while and a little breeze came and the snake moved a little.He jumped from that place with his life.He came to tell that there is one snake.I and my friends never minded that.We were watching his movements from start to end.

Comment

I am Devu.I am a post graduate in Economics with one year diploma in IT.
                Lets have a fun.This happened three months back in my house.There is a toy snake which have originality.Me and my friends did one thing with that.Here there is a servant who works outside the house.He is a peculiar character.We kept that snake where he keeps his clothes so that when he can see it.When he went there to take his clothes he saw the snake and dint know what to do.He looked for a while whether the snake was moving.But after sometimes a little breeze came and the snake fell down.He jumped out and ran with his full life.

Comment

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
                  Michelangelo
                  Ken

Comment

He who whispers down a well
                    about the things he has to sell
                    Will never make as many dollars
                    as he who climbs a poll and hollers

Comment

An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
                      Ralph Waldo Emerson
                      Ken

Comment

"Well, truthfully size does matter!"

- Dr. Ruth, commenting on women's preference in diamonds to David Letterman
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

It takes a truely wise man to admit he is a fool and only a truely foolish man would admit to being wise

Comment

My favorite quote is "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. " - Albert Eistein

Comment

Memento Mori

Memento mori is a Latin phrase that may be freely translated as "Remember that you are mortal," "Remember you will die," or "Remember your death". It names a genre of artistic creations that vary widely from one another, but which all share the same purpose, which is to remind people of their own mortality.

In ancient Rome, the phrase is said to have been used on the occasions when a Roman general was parading through the streets of Rome during the victory celebration known as a triumph. Standing behind the victorious general was a slave, and he had the task of reminding the general that, though he was up on the peak today, tomorrow was another day. The servant did this by telling the general that he should remember that he was mortal: "Memento mori."

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Momento mori

Good one, General! Thanks for sharing.
                                Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X