Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Britain!

Originally posted by ez-ez
    This gives me a perfect business idea.. I'm gonna try to export 'Road Ice-Packs' to the UK in summer.. keeps them from melting.. Thankx Trish..;)
    Either that or begin a business of road control!...beging a whole new way of road construction!...hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by ez-ez
      This gives me a perfect business idea.. I'm gonna try to export 'Road Ice-Packs' to the UK in summer.. keeps them from melting.. Thankx Trish..;)
      Great idea! Glad I could help! But air conditioning on the tubes would be a good idea. Apparently there was a sign outside one tube station warning people that the temparature was over 40c down on the trains, and if that might make them feel ill better find another mode of travelling! Yeah, right! London buses or overground trains ain't a lot better!

Wherever you are in the UK has to be better than the middle of the city (in an office without air con!).

Anyway, home now, the end of the week. Oh yeah, and rain all day is forecast tomorrow! C'est la vie!
      Trish
      www.Limebrook.com
      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
      www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
      www.TucsonForBeginners.com
      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
        I asked my mom about the melting road thing as it was interesting to me. What her thought was that here in the states we use tar mixed with sand/stone type mixture that when the hot sun bears down,the tar will get hot but the extra in the mix allows it to keep its solidity.
        One hundred thousand and fifty years ago when she was young - they used to harden the dirt roads, then spray moulting tar in about an eight foot spray across the dirt, and continue until the road had a layer of smooth tar across it...after it reached a certain thickness..it was flattened as such ... but due to the fact that they only used tar without any fillers, it would in fact on extremely hot days melt...
        Forgive my inept way of explanation, thats why I never do public speaking and or teach the young!....lol
        Oh, and Kate - I'm sure you are right! We are cheap so and sos over here, and yes, I think our roads are mostly tar. Smells great when they're laying it though! The roads crack in winter, and melt in summer! Get your mom over here to sort them out! LOL
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1
          Oh, and Kate - I'm sure you are right! We are cheap so and sos over here, and yes, I think our roads are mostly tar. Smells great when they're laying it though! The roads crack in winter, and melt in summer! Get your mom over here to sort them out! LOL
          lol trish - I wouldnt even mention it to her as she would be on the next plane!...and you dont want to deal with my mom! she is quite bold..well maybe you would if you wanted something done...she doesnt quit until its as she sees it should be!...lol
          Up here we will get cracks and potholes. due to frost heaves..but then in the spring they all magically smooth out!...and the roads seem to reglue themselves..lol...funny stuff...

Comment

Working...
          X