Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the winter sniffles!! - it's winter in NZ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got the winter sniffles!! - it's winter in NZ!

Hi Kate - thanks so much for your kind words about my web site. In the face of all the amazing sites I have seen, mine seems pretty ordinary. I believe in the 'KISS' principle, however.
    As for my art, well yes, I'd like to sell a few more. I sold a couple the other day. I need to put sizes and prices on the pages if I do that. I also need some better photographs and, to that end, I have bought a little tr**** for my digital camera because I can't keep the camera still when I'm taking pics. That's why some of them are a bit off line!
    My next art pages will be my life skethes/studies and some pastels.
    Thanks again
    Lorna

Comment

Kassi - meant to say thanks for your link for genealogy. I haveused Ancestry - havemy tree on there, also on Rootsweb, Gencircles etc. I need to put those links, and others, on my page somewhere!!
      The 'work-in-progress' has only really just begun!!
      Cheers
      Lorna

Comment

I used Ancestry and Rootsweb, to be honest not too impressed. Family records help a lot.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

All this ancestry talk makes me want to go and check up on mine. Always kinda wanted to find out my history.
          Beezz
          sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lorna
            I am not doing much at present - got a winter bug, but I'm fighting it - lots of " hot toddies"!! That's honey, lemon, hot water and Scotch!!! The best medcine. I have a few more pages up on my website despite the cold - www.lornamack.com - art and genealogy - more to come!
            Lorna
            At the moment I would love to swap if I can minus the cold/bug part. We have some very peculiar weather in the UK at the moment. The part of London where I live is more like a tropical climate. My loft/attic room where I work is 94 degF & we have a massive lighting storm outside. (not a good time to be on the computer) Still! Only a few months and all will be sunny on the down under part of the world.

Cheers

Chris.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi!! I'm back - the bug has gone!!! -- and now I can get on with the web building business. Got to get some better photos somehow - Bought a small tr**** for my digital camera so it won't have to deal with my hand shaking when I take pics! No smart comments about that, please!!!

Bill - I'm not impressed with Ancestry or Rootsweb either. The latter is good if you want to join a group - like I belong to ASC-Argyll - and i get lots of help from people more knowledgeable than me - just like VodaHost!! I can give you a few tips about how to grow your family tree and make contacts with people researching the same families, if you want!

It's good to be in circulation again. :>))
              Cheers
              Lorna

Comment

glad your feeling better - looking forward to more of your web pages - i really like "Autumn Leaves" - we got a big surprise from an email yesterday - one of my husbands to now unknown relatives in Argentina is trying to do a family tree they share a great grandmother! makes me want to look into it some.
                Ann
                www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Once you get the genealogy bug - you're hooked!!!! It is very addictive and the more you find out about your family the more you want o find. I needed a change - so got into this web building which is just about as addictive!!! I've put a few more works up there!! Got to photograph all the life drawings next!
                  www.lornamack.com

Comment

Welcome back,
                    It is addictive, we will have to exhange research tools.

Very nice acryllics.
                    Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com
                    www.iaval.com
                    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi Lorna! Glad ur back!!!
                      still working on website!

Comment

That's all - your pleasure at having me back is just wonderful!!
                        Meant to say to Chris in London that I sympathise with your weather, but having been in London in all sorts of weather - I'd sooner be cold in NZ than hot in London!!!! One time I arrived in London from NZ it was snowing and I was only wearing pretty light gear - shopping was an immediate necessity - well that was my excuse, anyway!
                        Cheers
                        Lorna

Comment

Hi Lorna,

Glad to see your feeling better....I'm not sure about geneology being addictive ...for me it was more frustrating....ive tried several times to find out my mothers family history but with no results ...she was Latvian and i just kept coming up with a big fat blank everywhere i went ..the only thing I could find was here former married name when i sent for my full birth certificate ..thats as far as i got ....even my dad who's surname is common as muck in the north east of england came up blank lol
                          Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                          http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Hi Linda - where did you look? I must say that I haven't had any experience of Latvian records. Maybe they are like Irish records - bits missing here and there. You should be able to find you English connection. It's possible that he wasn't where you all thought he was! It happens!! Send me some information at LCMcK@xtra.co.nz and I'll see what I can find - not promising anything though!
                            Cheers
                            Lorna

Comment

Hi Lorna,

Oh I tried all over the place ..even went on Latvian forums and websites ..but then I came across the language barrier lol

Oooh ok I will will send you what info I can recall ...but really thers not much to go on....thank you though ...would be great if you could come up with even a snippet of info :o)
                              Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                              http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Linda - after seeing your email - I hope I haven't "bitten off more than I can chew"!! - I'll be in touch.
                                Lorna

Comment

Working...
                                X