Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the winter sniffles!! - it's winter in NZ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the winter sniffles!! - it's winter in NZ!

I am not doing much at present - got a winter bug, but I'm fighting it - lots of " hot toddies"!! That's honey, lemon, hot water and Scotch!!! The best medcine. I have a few more pages up on my website despite the cold - www.lornamack.com - art and genealogy - more to come!
    Lorna

Re: Got the winter sniffles!! - it's winter in NZ!

A good Haka will warm those chilled bones

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You're right!! - however, I think the "All Blacks" are better at it than me!!
      I'll stick to the Scotch!! The Scots have been using it for hundreds of years to kill all sorts of bugs!!
      Cheers!
      Lorna

Comment

A cup of tea will do the trick, Ginger tea for a sore throat, but I do like your recipe with Scotch more.

Was reading your genealogy section, interesting.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi Bill - As I'm sure you realise - I have only touched the surface of all the genealogy stuff I have. Been at it for the past 4 years and having found a couple of 3rd cousins - once removed - who are great researchers, progress has been terrific recently. I am just working out the best way to put the information on my web site.
          If any one is interested in genealogy and especially the McKellars - I'd love to hear from them!!!
          By the way - I do drink herb teas and I eat organic eggs and chicken etc!
          Thanks for the ginger tea tip.
          Lorna

Comment

Bill - me again - I love your site and I will keep it in mind when Xmas comes closer. When I'm not drinking herb teas, I usually drink Dilmah Earl Grey - I like Twinings too. Your gift packs look terrific.
            Lorna

Comment

Originally posted by Lorna
              Bill - me again - I love your site and I will keep it in mind when Xmas comes closer. When I'm not drinking herb teas, I usually drink Dilmah Earl Grey - I like Twinings too. Your gift packs look terrific.
              Lorna
              Thank you very much. There is an affiliate warehouse in Australia so I can deliver anywhere. Earl Grey too.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi Bill - As I'm sure you realise - I have only touched the surface of all the genealogy stuff I have. Been at it for the past 4 years and having found a couple of 3rd cousins - once removed - who are great researchers, progress has been terrific recently. I am just working out the best way to put the information on my web site.
                If any one is interested in genealogy and especially the McKellars - I'd love to hear from them!!!
                By the way - I do drink herb teas and I eat organic eggs and chicken etc!
                Thanks for the ginger tea tip.
                Lorna
                You're welcome,
                I've dabbled with my own family tree, somewhere back to 13th century all over Europe. Used a program called Family Tree Maker.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I wouldn't call that 'dabbling'! FTM is a pretty good piece of software. I use 'Family Tree Legends' from Gencircles. Are you aware of that site? It's excellent for 'smart matching'
                  I have my McKellars back to 1620 however, my former husband's mother's family goes back to the offspring of a knight who arrived with "Willie the Conq."!! Genealogy is super addictive and absorbing - like Voda!!!! I love all the associated history etc.
                  G'night from Kiwiland!
                  Lorna

Comment

Hi, Kids....holding down the late night patrol?
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                      A good Haka will warm those chilled bones
                      Oh go on give it a go, I hear it's all the rage in Glasgow this year

Comment

I am not doing much at present - got a winter bug, but I'm fighting it - lots of " hot toddies"!! That's honey, lemon, hot water and Scotch!!! The best medcine. I have a few more pages up on my website despite the cold - www.lornamack.com - art and genealogy - more to come!
                        Lorna
                        Hello Lorna! Your site is wonderful and your doing a great job! My mom does our family geneology..I get a bit confused with it all, but she take many hours explaining it to me...Your art is really nice too! I think (Im not an expert) that you should try to sell some!..
                        Dont let anyone tell you that scotch isnt a cure all! And you have the proper recipe too! I do change it around a bit with lemon zinger and or chai tea...ginger is wonderful to not only soothe but to numb the throat too!
                        Heres a site Im in, when you are ready to advertise, There you will get some exposure and hopefully good information.
                        http://www.genhomepage.com/really_new.html

again good job, and hopefully you will feel better soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                          Hi, Kids....holding down the late night patrol?
                          The dawn patrol it was.
                          Bill
                          www.blueearthtea.com
                          www.ftaaconsulting.com
                          www.iaval.com
                          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I wouldn't call that 'dabbling'! FTM is a pretty good piece of software. I use 'Family Tree Legends' from Gencircles. Are you aware of that site? It's excellent for 'smart matching'
                            I have my McKellars back to 1620 however, my former husband's mother's family goes back to the offspring of a knight who arrived with "Willie the Conq."!! Genealogy is super addictive and absorbing - like Voda!!!! I love all the associated history etc.
                            G'night from Kiwiland!
                            Lorna
                            I will check it out. With family from all over, going back and tracing them in each country isn't easy. Some countries didn't even keep records and people would change their names as they moved from one place to another.
                            Thanks
                            Bill
                            www.blueearthtea.com
                            www.ftaaconsulting.com
                            www.iaval.com
                            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi Vasili - no night patrol for me!! Down here in New Zealand, at the beautiful, quiet end of the world (except when he "All Blacks are doing their Haka!), our time is different from yours!!!!
                              Hi Nick - We all go through the Haka when the 'All Blacks' do it pre-rugby test matches. They have a new one now. I wonder if you have seen it? We are playing Australia at Brisbane on Saturday night - it will beinteresting to see which Haka they use.
                              Hi Bill - Yes, the families who cahnged their names as they moved around must make life very difficult for many genealogists. Fortunately, I haven't had to cope with that - The McKellars stayed McKellars!! Some of the early associated names were in gaelic, but one can usually find translations on the net.
                              he sun is out today and I'm feeling much better!! Hooray!
                              Lorna

Comment

Working...
                              X