X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-sale questions

Hi,

Am planning on transferring my website from another provider over to Voda. The tutorials and ease of building web pages is what has sold me.
    I have an existing website with a small customer base and do not want to change over until I have the site completely rebuilt here.

I had linked to paypal which is how I accepted payments.

I'm a little confused, been building practice pages on Voda but need ecommerce so from what I have read, I think I need to build the site in SohoLauncher.

I have two domain names, Bloomingtails Boutique, which I had purchased thru Go Daddy and I could not transfer that name when I built my site on Homestead, so I used Bloomingtails Dog Boutique. I did a search on both names and the first one is registered to Go Daddy. I never published anything under Bloomingtails Boutique but would like to use that name as it is shorter. I think there is something that I could have the Bloomingtails Dog Boutique name redirected to my new site??

Anyone have any suggestions on how to smoothly make the transfer...I have lots of pages, at least thirty and tons of thumbnails as my site is for custom made dog clothing and I have hundreds of fabric s*******.
    Carol
    Bloomingtails
    www.bloomingtailsdogboutique.com

Re: Pre-sale questions

You need to decide which builder you want to use. I build in BV and add my codes to my products to sell (I don't use paypal - but you can do the same with them). Or you could build in Soho. If you build in BV, you can do it all without going live till you are ready to move the domain over. If you work in Soho, you need to attach a domain name immediately.

Redirecting is not a problem.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth....
      From what little I have read, it sounds more complicated to add the codes.
      I'm thinking since I already own the Bloomingtails Boutique name thru Go Daddy, I should be able to build in Soho with that one. I'm clueless on how to do that so I will call them.

The only think I don't like is having to do it live..but I suppose I wouldn't have to publish until I am ready.
      Carol
      Bloomingtails
      www.bloomingtailsdogboutique.com

Comment

Neither way is more difficult - it depends on what you need it to do for you. I moved away from Soho because I couldn't do what I wanted there - but a good friend has an excellent Soho site.

As to using that name - you simply have to go to your account at GoDaddy and point the name servers here to your account on VH - then start building.

And Soho is live all the time - but you can keep all but the home page off-line. So just give a nice home page for the se's to read while waiting for the rest.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X