Custom Background Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Background Question

I have a custom background that I want to use. But it over writes my text. How can I build my site over the background text. I have one other site that a webmaster built for me using Dreamweaver and the main body of the website is in white over the background. I am not sure if I am explaining myself very well, I would posted my url in the site I am referring to, if it is permissable so you can see more what I mean. I appreciate the help, so far I am not happy with the look and the readability of my work. Dave

Re: Custom Background Question

you can put your background two different ways:
    1. open page properties and either choose a solid color as your background or upload an image that is in your computor. If you use an image here the image will tile itself, depending on the size of the image as well as the resolution that your computor is set to.
    2. import an exact image size that you want your page to be, such as if you choose 800 pixels wide, make your image 800 pixels and center in the browser. Once you have imported your image you can over type or have other images over the background. If you have the text already on your page and you wish to import an image - still import with the image tool, then right click the image and send to the back. A couple of examples:
    www.videopostcards.info
    www.chessinstructor.org
    hope this helps and contact me through my website if you need more on hands help.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

You can apply the background to your page by right clicking on the page and choose properties, then background .. be careful, as Mr. Magoo says because dependent on the size of your image, your image may have a tile look to it and this won't be what you want - you may instead choose a solid color ...

But .... to have the white page over the background - you simply insert a shape - choose your color and then size it with the blue handles that surround the shape ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Looking forward to a quick resolution to your situation, Dave, so we can see how youu have come along...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X