FireFox vs. IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireFox vs. IE

In developing a website through BlueVoda are there any requirements to be met for the site to be suitable for running on both browsers? What is the recommended strategy?

Re: FireFox vs. IE

Only a personal view, but i would make it in Firefox as there is less things that will work in Firefox, so you will see the effect (Or not) straight away.. It is also quicker to adjust things like spacing that is different/larger in FF to IE.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris, I had not heard that there are more BV features that won't work in FF than in IE (and I've been voda-ing for a couple of years). Could you be more specific about what those features are? Thanks!

Comment

Hi Jim, Things like the spacing of text is greater in FF than IE. One of the reasons that quite often text is overlapping in FF when the site is made up in IE. Some of the commands with the marquee don’t work with FF. In IE they will stop scrolling if set to scroll once, but with FF they continue. Some music won’t play with FF & will with IE. But this is sometimes a case of trying to find a FF plug in. (But not always available). Menu bars sub menus have a habit of going behind other page elements & don’t in IE. But I think Tom had a fix for this. There is a few other things, but cant think of then at the mo.
        But all said & done. I believe the makers do say that it is a IE program.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris, thanks for your input it tallies with another input I read elsewhere where they also recommend to plan for Firefox and adjust for IE. Being a bit of a newbie and looking into joining VODA. I am still puzzled whether or not the BV software will guide me on how to avoid incompatibilities or focus on a Firefox compatible design, especially, as you say, that it is a IE program. My favorite browser is indeed Firefox but obviously for a web site I would like it to be universal.

---------------
          Arie

Comment

Originally posted by Ariey2k View Post
            Chris, thanks for your input it tallies with another input I read elsewhere where they also recommend to plan for Firefox and adjust for IE. Being a bit of a newbie and looking into joining VODA. I am still puzzled whether or not the BV software will guide me on how to avoid incompatibilities or focus on a Firefox compatible design, especially, as you say, that it is a IE program. My favorite browser is indeed Firefox but obviously for a web site I would like it to be universal.

---------------
            Arie
            Hi, i wouldn't worry about it. There is very little that cant be got around, & its only minor adjustments that you would have to make. Once you remember the little quirks of the browsers it will not be a problem. Many other site makers have similar problems with certain browsers. BV is very good in comparison.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X