if my friend opens an account, can I do the work on her website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if my friend opens an account, can I do the work on her website

I'm not sure how to word this but here goes. My friend needed a website fast....I got books from the library and finally got her first website created (bit of a mess...but hey, it is a website) anyway. I got the FTP program and the server and got it online with the idea that I would then teach her what I had learned and she would then maintain the site. Alas it didn't turn out that way and before you know it, she has an idea for another site....So, she finds BlueVoda, asks me to have a look and now I've created the new website (thought there's more to this story which I won't go into) I would like to publish the pages and see how they turn out but realize that first she will have to open an account. This I'm sure would not be a problem for her but after reading some of the forum I'm kinda worried that I'm not understanding how things work properly. Please bare with me....

If she takes an account with BlueVoda, if she gives me access to her details, will I still be able to make changes or add pages etc to her account? This is really important that I am also able to work on her site as well as her herself and we are also both living in different houses so not sharing same computer either. I'd really, really appreciate advice from anyone who could clear this matter for me.

Re: if my friend opens an account, can I do the work on her website

Hi, for sure you can change info on her site if you have the login details. If your using BV? then you will both have to have copy's of each others pages on both computers. So if either one of you changes a page, they will have to send it with images to the other user.
    The other alternative is possibly using VH's soho program/site builder. This is an online program that both can use at the same time if needed.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Hi, for sure you can change info on her site if you have the login details. If your using BV? then you will both have to have copy's of each others pages on both computers. So if either one of you changes a page, they will have to send it with images to the other user.
      The other alternative is possibly using VH's soho program/site builder. This is an online program that both can use at the same time if needed.
      Thank you very much for your reply. I will tell my friend tonight and she can have a think about what to do. Mind you I don't fancy the option of joining the soho thingy and having to build the site all over again hehehe. I have it sitting here ready for her to make her choice and let me get it published here at BlueVoda to see what or more to the point, how many mistakes I've made. The other website I made for her, was using Frontpage and the server I ended up using was really brilliant and gave me lots of advice and help.

I know that when I downloade BlueVoda to give it a try, I was impressed but as it was on my laptop and later I wanted to work on my desktop computer, when I tried to download Bluevoda and put in my name and email etc, it came back telling me I couldn't download it, so I downloaded it through another of my email addresses. Now this has shown me that its ok and as long as we have the same files/images on our computers we are ok, it was just the fact that after the account is opened would we both be able to make changes. Most of the changes would be carried out by me but at the end of the day, it is or will be 100% my friends website. She has had problems before, paying layout etc and ending up with no control at all of her own websites. very sad really. So it is a MUST that though I might set it up and make changes at times, she must ALWAYS have full and complete control. If there would be no problem with any of this criteria, then I think BlueVoda will suit her needs perfectly.

Comment

Hi, your friend will quite likely have to put the images back on the pages you have made up as the path to the images wont be the same on her computer. Once your a member of VH you can download the latest & u***ted version of BV hear. (saves the email bit)

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Hi, your friend will quite likely have to put the images back on the pages you have made up as the path to the images wont be the same on her computer. Once your a member of VH you can download the latest & u***ted version of BV hear. (saves the email bit)

Good luck.
          Thank you. I'm off to download the new version and will relate all your info to my friend tonight. I understand what you mean about the images though, when I transferred the pages I'd made on my laptop to my desktop it looked like the images had gone walkies....but when I clicked on the button to see the preview, they were back in place...strange. Once again, Thanks for your reply

Comment

Working...
          X