BV SL Clarification Question, need help deciding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV SL Clarification Question, need help deciding

I am going to use VodaHost as the host for the headquarters of a non-profit organization that I'm creating. The site will need the capabilities for video, photo's, forum, blogs, membership sign up and management, etc. On top of all that, I am needing shopping cart capabilities for what could become a rather extensive etail store.

My question is which sitebuilder should I use? From what I've gleaned from the forum is that BV is better designed for the main site but SL is the best for the shopping cart. I already have a couple of domains registered so can I (or should I) just link from my BV site to SL when folks are purchasing something? Or should I look at a different builder for either need?

Thanks for helping.

Re: BV SL Clarification Question, need help deciding

It is easier to build your website with BlueVoda and combine it with the use of Soholaunch, OS Commerce or Magneto for your shopping cart.

All that you are looking for are available with any VodaHost account.

VodaHost provides more than any other host that I have ever encountered in my research for a hosting company.

The best part of the package is you are provided unlimited disk space and bandwidth

Which is good for your needs as you will be needing them for your multiple domains and shops, mantainence and sales support.

Check out also the dedicated server package which is more in line with your requirements as you will have added security.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you for the answer.
      There seems to be some reduntant features between the two programs. How do I decide which is best for which? For example, Blogging.

Comment

Some of the features you mentioned require dedicated scripts. There is no software in the world that can do all of the above.

BV is fine for static pages and allows you to build excellent sites (from thevisual point of view) if you have the necessary creativity. BUT it doesn't have dynamic capabilities unless you use some external scripts to embed in your BV pages either embeding directly the code (if you have some coding capabilities) or by using I-frames.

Soho comes with a number of premade templates which can suit most cases, and you can also get a template made for you if you need something differerent. It has a shopping cart embedded, and some Gallery script if I recall.

None has a blog, or a forum, as these require dedicated scripts.
        BV has a (simple) login system for members, which Soho doesn't (but there is a paid for addon that allows this)

Creating a very complex site as the one you are describing requires customization of all components to match each other. Under this point of view, BV certainly accepts addons easier than Soholaunch. However, the Soho comunity also has a great number of add ons SPECIFICALY made for it.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the help. The ease of growth is a major concern to me and my little grass roots effort so its off to the races, Blue Voda and Nature Wonderful have a date. Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
          X