No announcement yet.

Can Soholaunch work within Bluevoda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can Soholaunch work within Bluevoda?

Cherish

Soholaunch is one of the easiest carts there is to use. You just have to do one step at a time. First, you need to start in the cart, add categories and add products, then you can optimize outer pages to link up to them etc etc.

Yes you can uninstall it, and use bv, and use cut and paste buttons from mals ecommerce, cartmanager or paypal. No matter what you build with you are going to have to learn it, and go thru the tutorials, which already give you a step by step if you go thru them.

You are asking someone to re-invent the wheel, when its all here for you to read and try! Then when u get stuck and ask a question, everyone is more willing to help, because you are trying!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

But, I did exactly as you are saying and uninstalled Soho and built in BV and found a shopping cart I could add to BV pages. There are several. I use CartManager - you can find out about it here: www.moxie-enter-prises.com/cartmanager.html Also you could use Mal's E - or you could simply use Paypal -

But, I have to agree with Karen, Soho is easy to use - it just wouldn't do all I wanted it to.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks 4 all the great advice!

Comment

Yes, Beth, that's right. I don't want to have 2 domain names. Is it possible to publish a shopping cart page only and then have my order page in BV directed to the published cart? I really would prefer to not re-do the whole site in Soho just to be able to use the shopping cart if I don't have to.
          Pam

Comment

"1) Watch all the Soholaunch tutorial and make sure that you have a clear understanding of how it works.
            2) Do not install soho on your main domains directory, install it on another directory called /store or /shop or something like that.
            3) Plublish your BlueVVoda website as normal to your main directory. Whenever you need anything for soho, just provide a link to that particular page."

OK...I understand the above for me wanting to use BV for the front end and use Soho for the back end so I can have a shopping cart, which is what I want to do. My question is, where can I select to install soho on a different directory such as /store? Doing this would alleviate me having to rebuild everything in Soho and just using it for my shopping cart page, right? Also, I wouldn't have to buy another website name, right? This seems simple...I just can't quite wrap my head around the right way of going above doing the above. What's mentioned above is exactly what I want to do...BV for the front end and Soho for the back end shopping cart. Help again?
            Thanks,
            Pam

Comment

You would do this by creating a new folder in your current domain and name it STORE or Cart etc. You can use your file manager to do this in control panel and add a new folder, or you can do it in an ftp window. Then go to fantastico and it will ask you during the install which path to install it to and you would type in www.yourdomain.com/store

Keep in mind the case of the letters and make it exact.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

That's the problem. I go to fantastico to install the Soholaunch Pro Edition. It just highlights "New Installation" and doesn't give you a choice of where to download it. Am I dense here? I already did what you said to do above and that's to add a new folder. So that's done. But when you get to the install location, all it gives is the option for my domain www.oldenburgandcompany.com I can't seem to choose www.oldenburgandcompany.com/store Sorry to be such a pain about this. I need help...
                Pam

Comment

The "highlight" you speak of is because you have to click on that link to actually install Soho, which will bring you to the installation page...

There is in fact a small box (step #2??) that you can "name" the destination for Soho to be installed in....if you enter "Our_Store" for example (remember to use an underscore instead of a space, or eliminate the spacing altoghether: OurStore), the installation will automatically create the "folder" (a directory, really) for you, thus keeping your BV site in the public_html primary directory as it should be, unaffected by your new store in the same account alongside it.

>> The need to create a sub-domain (a new directory, a "folder") which you do not need to buy another domain for to use, is because each "site," "store" or other utility each has an index page, and you can only have one per directory.....having them in separate directories stops the conflict.

A sub-directory and a properly installed Soho cart will need to be linked from your BV site, and if using the example above, a link to your cart would look like this: wwwYourPrimaryDomainName.com/OurStore/ (the link needs to be exactly as how the directory was named, with or without underscore)
                  You can then navigate back to your BV site wherever you choose in the regular fashion by inserting a text-link within your Soho cart, or by creating a Menu item and inserting a hyperlink there (this is done in the Webmaster pane of the Soho Control Panel).
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi,
                    I'm confused (those that know me would say nothing unusual there then). I received an email from vodahost extolling the virtues of soho and providing a link to it. I downloaded it, using fantastico, without realising the implications of not installing on my one and only domain, jamesbartondesign.com. What is the the best way I should correct this situation? I only want to use soho to create a shopping cart. Would I be better off to delete soho and use paypal's cart? I am sure that the answers to my questions are in this thread, but remember, I am confused so please bear with me!
                    http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

Vasili!
                      Can't tell you how grateful I am for the excellent instructions you provided! I am well on my way to finishing my shopping cart page that I can link to the BV pages that are already up. Whew! What a relief!
                      Thanks again!
                      Smiles,
                      Pam

Comment

Pro,

Yes.. uninstall soho and then use file manager to make a folder on your main domain, then reup and publish your bv site. Then, install soho as above to the FOLDER you created.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

My primary domain on Vodahost is jhwm.net. I also have a few subdomains, one of which is themarketingquiz.com (for now it's just a one-page site). I want to be able to sell items on themarketingquiz and possibly on jhwm also. Haven't installed Soho yet because I fear doing it wrong.

When I go into cpanel and click Fantastico, I see I can use it to install Soho to jhwm.net or to any of my subdomains . . . but each one is listed twice. Should I install Soho on "themarketingquiz.com" or on "themarketingquiz.jhwm.net"?

As for installing Soho to my primary (jhwm.net) domain in a "/store" folder, should it be a folder under "public_html" or on the same level as "public_html"? I first tried under, and then on the same level, but never saw "jhwm.net/store" in the drop-down list beside "Install on domain" as I had expected.

I'm sure one of you smart folks can enlighten me on all these questions.

Comment

It has to be IN the public html folder. You need to decide if it its going to be a stand alone domain or a subdomain of Whatever web site.

So if you had widgets.com and you wanted those to be bv intro pages, you would then need to make a SUB directory named WIDGETSTORE, or just STORE. You would then instruct soho to install inside that SUB domain.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

OK, thanks, Karen. I think I follow you but:

1) When you say 'decide if it's going to be a standalone domain or a subdomain,' are you referring to Soholaunch as "it"? If so, are there advantages to setting up Soho as a standalone or as a sub?

2) When you say 'if you wanted those to be bv intro pages'--what pages do you mean?

Thank you!

Comment

Also: After I created a "store" folder inside my public_html folder, I still do not see "jhwm.net/store" as an option in the drop-down list beside "Install on domain". I have "jhwm.net" but I know that's not where I should install Soho. What to do?

Comment

Working...
                                X