No announcement yet.

Can Soholaunch work within Bluevoda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can Soholaunch work within Bluevoda?

Hi Karen, I wish to know if soho can be used to create an online community website such as facebook, etc. If no, which web builder can you recommend for such a site. Thanks.

Comment

Soholaunch does have a Community utility included.

You may wish to double-check on installing Soholaunch on add-on's and sub-domains.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Well Soho does have a sort of blog, but its not setup to house the kind of community you want.. nor is it within TOS to run an operation like myspace on standard hosting packages. Your best bet would be a forum, similar to this one that allows doctoring up of your profile.

Ive heard nothing to indicate that Soho WONT work on subdomains or addons. Long as they are a CLEAN directory, it should be fine.

Karne

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          The "highlight" you speak of is because you have to click on that link to actually install Soho, which will bring you to the installation page...

There is in fact a small box (step #2??) that you can "name" the destination for Soho to be installed in....if you enter "Our_Store" for example (remember to use an underscore instead of a space, or eliminate the spacing altoghether: OurStore), the installation will automatically create the "folder" (a directory, really) for you, thus keeping your BV site in the public_html primary directory as it should be, unaffected by your new store in the same account alongside it.

>> The need to create a sub-domain (a new directory, a "folder") which you do not need to buy another domain for to use, is because each "site," "store" or other utility each has an index page, and you can only have one per directory.....having them in separate directories stops the conflict.

A sub-directory and a properly installed Soho cart will need to be linked from your BV site, and if using the example above, a link to your cart would look like this: wwwYourPrimaryDomainName.com/OurStore/ (the link needs to be exactly as how the directory was named, with or without underscore)
          You can then navigate back to your BV site wherever you choose in the regular fashion by inserting a text-link within your Soho cart, or by creating a Menu item and inserting a hyperlink there (this is done in the Webmaster pane of the Soho Control Panel).
          I just tried the above and when I try loggin in im told acces is denied why is that?

riccii

Comment

I dont know.. how about a link then maybe we could guess. could be your permissions are set incorrectly to it didnt install correctly or it wasnt a CLEAN directory or domain

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hi Karen

www.robinhoodmegastore.com

riccii

Comment

Well i see where you have done some work on the site. Have you renamed or altered anything in the sohoadmin folder?, Changed permissions?

I really cant tell without logging in to your server what the issue is, and rather or not i could fix it. My guess is that you have overwritten or uploaded maybe something in the admin folder that you shouldnt have.

Ok.. I just realized what you linked to was your bv site... not the soho site. What i need is the link to your soho..so
                www.sohosite.maindomain.com

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I am so confused. I have a primary site that I have been using for awhile www.pmvideos****books.com. I just purchased another domain www.wendysdigitals****books.com to redirect to my original site (I needed a new name but didn't want to go through the hassle of changing names.) I would like to use soholaunch but am at a complete loss as what I am suppose to be doing. I thought I was pretty computer savvy, but this has stumped me. I would like to just start from scratch and redo my entire website, but I don't know what I need to do. I have read all the posts, but I just can't get a grasp on any of it. I understand all the installation of it, it is the reseting of the directories and deleting files, etc. that are loosing me. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
                  sigpic
                  http://www.wendysdigitals****books.com
                  http://www.preciousmemoriesmom.etsy.com
                  http://www.pmvideos****books.com
                  http://http://stores.ebay.com/wendyspreciousmemories

Comment

Ok... Your redirection has NOTHING to do with soholaunch or your use of it. So.. You bought a domain name to point to the old. You do that in cpanel or at your domain registrar.. either one works.

Now.. if the old site has something ELSE there you must delete it all.

What i suggest you do is DONT redirect the new name. Instead.. add it to your addon domains. Install soholaunch in that NEW domain. Build your store. When you are ready redirect the OLD domain to the new.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Can I build my page with Blue Voda and use Soho for sending e-newsletters?

Comment

LOL.. you could, but you could also send newsletters from your desktop with OUTLOOK. You are wasting alot of program there just to send newsletter.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hi Karen!!!
                          i'm reading all the answers that you have in regards the front bluevoda and back soholaunch but my question is i all ready create my webpage in soholaunch can create some pages in bluevoda (like front ) and have the soholauch in back. and how can star doing it? i'm going to lost all the information that i all ready have in soholaunch?

Comment

If you are a novice i recommend you do not do this. The fact that you are asking tells me you have no idea. So NO dont do it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
                                1) Watch all the Soholaunch tutorial and make sure that you have a clear understanding of how it works.
                                2) Do not install soho on your main domains directory, install it on another directory called /store or /shop or something like that.
                                3) Plublish your BlueVVoda website as normal to your main directory. Whenever you need anything for soho, just provide a link to that particular page.

concerning point 2) above
                                I tried to download soho several times it does NOT give you the option of where or which directory it will download.It says
                                "You chose to install in the main directory of the domain"

Click on Finish installation to continue.

Basically I want to design my webpage using BV and not the standard templates provided by SOHO, but use sohos shopping cart etc

Can this be done?
                                I see this is puzzling several users. on my computer soho will download only in the root directory of a domain or add on domain and that is it!
                                Do different users have different versions that allow them to do this? Am I missing out on something?

PLEASE HELP

Regards
                                Nadia

Comment

Working...
                                X