Newsletter unsubscribe question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newsletter unsubscribe question

Careful Grand.. Im over 40 have pms and own several guns!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Very entertaining! Great stuff!

Comment

grand duke, I agree with Karen in that you need to be careful, she has a broom and is not afraid to use it!

but, I'm glad the two of us could provide entertainment for the rest of you! Grin!

I must admit I've gotten several good laughs out of this as well!

Women complain that men never ask for directions, then complain when we do ... sometimes you just can't win ... come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I won .... hm, have to think about that for a while ... grin

I wonder if I can add this to my other site, under almost near death experiences (as in, If looks could kill, I'd be dead) (www.callmekirk.com). I think this would go along with Salad Bar Kill (about half way down, I think). hmmm, maybe ....

Again, I'm glad we could provide some entertainment! This forum was way too dull! Grin

Comment

Quote:

Well of course it says that.. but, umm.. you do the same thing when access it thru mysql or phpadmin...doesn't change the fact that you can update, create, modify, alter, see, find, and make changes in this area. But continue to do it the hard way. Let me know when you're ready to listen. I may or may not be available to help you out.

Karen

Let's try this one more time.

I do NOT understand how to make the system table(s) I need show up.
          Maybe I'm too tired, maybe too dense, or maybe too male, but after going over your previous messages in each thread as carefully as I know how, I still don't see what you seem to think I should.

Can you explain it like you would for somebody who speaks English as a 3rd language, needs bifocals and a proctologist?

Comment

Ok...Soho admin panel, bottom row, database tables icon on the third row, bottom row of pictures, 3rd picture from the left, 4th picture from the right... click that. click on system tables, IGNORE the top sentence in red, you should see a whole list of ALL the tables used by soho, if you dont go back to the main menu, click on that yellow question mark on the bottom row 1st one from the right. a new window pops up, select the second tab. You will get a screen with silver bars on it in the middle. Click on each bar, if any of them are red or failed, you need to take the action it suggests, most likely your OWNER PERMISSIONS are NOBODY and fail. If the fix on the upper right dont work...put in a support ticket to have it done.

Then if youre really repentative, i might even tell you how to CUSTOMIZE your UNSUBSCRIBE to notify you instead of populate the table so you can DELETE them yourself and wont have to pay the proctologist.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

"You should see a whole list of ALL the tables used by soho .."

Karen, this is what I've been saying. There is NO LIST of tables there. None, nada, nothing. I understand that they should be there, but there isn't anything but white space under that warning message.

If you'll send me a direct email address I'll be happy to send you a bit mapped image of the page, or even you give direct account access.

Comment

Ok.. I dont need the image.. Did you try the IT solution? did you check your SITE permission.. not folders etc that you can see in your file cabinet.
                If you go there as ive said about 20 times and if any of the folders or site permissions are OWNED BY NOBODY, you will continue to have problems, and it must be corrected for soho to operate correctly.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen,

I've again checked the IT Diags, (see below) and there is only one group that is shown as nobody, the Root group. I would expect that Root would be owned by a different group, at least on every Unix system I've worked on that would be the case. Everything else is under my User ID.

I would expect permissions to be 755, as is shown here.

Everything reports as OK, and there are no red flagged issues in the server settings.

I've again tried all the Special Tools. No luck there either.

What am I missing here?

Note: In the following material I've globally changed my user ID and Password for security purposes, but have made no other material changes to the information presented here.

Global Settings (isp.conf.php)
                  Setting Value Status
                  this_ip www.e-privatetrust.com OK
                  cgi_bin /home/MyUserID/public_html/sohoadmin/tmp_content OK
                  doc_root /home/MyUserID/public_html OK
                  dflogin_user MyUserID OK
                  dflogin_pass MyPassWD OK
                  template_lib /home/MyUserID/public_html/sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages OK
                  demo_site no OK

Permissions
                  Root Directory (public_html) 755 MyUserID nobody yes OK
                  /images 755 MyUserID MyUserID yes OK
                  /media 755 MyUserID MyUserID yes OK
                  /template 755 MyUserID MyUserID yes OK
                  /tCustom 755 MyUserID MyUserID yes OK
                  /sohoadmin/tmp_content 755 MyUserID MyUserID yes OK
                  /sohoadmin/filebin 755 MyUserID MyUserID yes OK
                  /sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages 755 MyUserID MyUserID yes OK

Folder
                  Server OS LINUX Any
                  Safe Mode Off Off
                  allow_url_fopen On On
                  Is your server running php suexec? Yes Yes

Comment

I've again checked the IT Diags, (see below) and there is only one group that is shown as nobody, the Root group. I would expect that Root would be owned by a different group, at least on every Unix system I've worked on that would be the case. Everything else is under my User ID.
                    Thats the one that needs fixed. It too has to be owned by you and you can try running the script they have installed, but every time ive run it, it didnt fix it. Had to go with support ticket.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ah ha! I'm used to Solaris/HP-UX and didn't think anything of that when I saw it.

Just to clarify, did you open a support ticket for me, or do I need to do that? I don't want to spam the system with multiple tickets if you have already opened one.

Comment

Karen,
                        OK - you are either taking the day off, or are still shaking your head at me, (grin) but I went ahead an opened a support ticket on this.
                        Many thanks!
                        Working Stiff

Comment

Stiff.. i dont work for voda host, and i cant open a support ticket for you!

I dont have any days off. Although sometimes i go on vacation and dont work websites, but when im not here i also merchandise for area department stores on contract. Right now i run that three days a week.. and the hours vary.. depending on the contractor.. like Pepsi or Cadbury Adams or Nielsen.. formally AC Nielsen and now owned by VNU. So when im not peddling my own, im doing the big dogs! I have lots to do this week... Owners of Miller Beer decided they want to insure their NFL pop is front and center, and how much of the market space they own, and how much stock in in about 20 stores locally.. so you will have to make some decisions on your own this week.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Wow! I'm impressed! I got tired just reading about all you do. Grin

I thought you worked for vodahost considering all the time you spend here. My mistake! I was going to put you in for a raise - but they'd have to pay you first. Of course you should be paid by them considering all the effort you put in! I should at least put you on my xmas list for a box of good chocolates! Grin

Just to keep the humor going - last night I was informed that the permissions had been corrected, and I verified that this morning. However, it made NO change in the problem. Sigh.

It's looking more and more like something wasn't installed correctly. I'll back up everything and then put in a trouble ticket or three ...

Have fun this week, and I'll look forward to your response whenever you get around to it.

Comment

Reapply the latest update, or redo the update and see if that solves it.. or you can have soho look at it thru a support ticket at voda.

You get tired thinking of more than whats for dinner, and who has the remote for the tv! (I just had to add that or i wouldnt live up to my rep!)

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I think your "rep" is safe for now .... grin

I have a trouble ticket open so am not going to mess with the system while they are working on it. Too many cooks, and all that.

Solved the TV remote problem by getting two of them ... which of course created another problem ... grin

Comment

Working...
                                X