Soholaunch questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soholaunch questions

I did get an answer from Voda - they finally did fix the ownership on that file - I went through diagnostics again and everything "seemed" to be fine . However, when I went back to Soholaunch, it still won't save my price variants or product descriptions. And, oh, yeah, I forgot to mention before, when my prices have .99 on the end, it drops the .99 when they're saved! What's up with that? Is there a setting somewhere for the number of characters that is causing that? I thought all the SQL fields were set at 255 chars. by default.

So it turned out the permissions didn't make any difference to solving the-problem. I guess Soholaunch just hates me, and isn't going to save all those product descriptions I've been entering by hand, no matter what I do! I was soooo hoping this was going to fix the problem. Now I don't know what to do. I'm pretty much dead in the water for getting this website up and looking at MORE hours of work to re-enter all the **** it ate up. So yes, I could be described as frustrated, right now! But thanks for all your help.

I'll rummage around and try to find info on the Vodahost merchant account--not that it will matter, I guess, if I can't get the products into the website. I was hoping to get this site up and running in time for the Christmas shopping season. It's beginning to look like more and more remote of a possibility at this point.

I even considered s****ping the whole thing and trying to rebuild in Osscommerce or whatever it was, but I took a look at it, and it looked way to html-ey and technical for my limited skills! Though I have learned some basic HTML and can usually manage to tweak to get what I want with a little trial and error if I have template code to work with.

Again, thanks for your time and help. I know you forum folks aren't getting paid to do this, and I appreciate your time and efforts on my behalf.

Basketseller

Comment

Basket..

If you contact me via the omf forum, privately and give me your store login details i will go look at it for you and see if i can find what it is that you are doing or what is going wrong.

You do see there are two description boxes yes? short teaser and a long one? Make sure you are doing the detailed html description in the long one.

Anyway.. you know how to contact me if you want me to look at it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,

I sent an email to the OMF address I had in my address book, and the only reply I got was one from Michael Truett about it being caught in his spam filter. Did you get that email? I'd had answers from you before that came from that address, so I thought that was the one you meant?

Basketseller

Comment

Iwayu at the Soho forum is going to take a look also and see if he can figure out what's going on. One of the Soho forum guys told me there have been a lot of problems with the price variant thing since the last update and gave me a suggestion to try.

Here's what he said, in case it might help somebody else . . .

AH.. Another varient problem. Bask...try arranging that product in the varient form another way. Soho messed up the variant screen all together since the new upgrade(subcat work differently now). Delete the product and redo it with changing the sub cat and varient.....Now sometimes i have to list item number with the varient..where before the item number was in the sub cat... hope this helps.

Comment

Nope I didnt get it! LOL.. thats a general dump mail box and i dont check it regularly, and hes the owner. I meant for you to login to the forum and either email me from the forum or pm me!

Just send it to kmacenterprise at aol.com Take out the spaces and use the @ symbol of course.

Well if theres an error in the script, that would explain your headaches and they will need to fix it like asap.. which means they should be putting in a patch for it. Just in case, if you like.. ill try to remember my login info to the bug reporting section where we report this stuff straight to the programmers attention.. but it wont be probably til friday.. im booked up til then and.. brain dead too.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Okies Basket JO!

You have mail and I explained the variant function to you in detail and I had no issues getting it to save whatsoever. I wont go into details here, but just letting you know you have mail to the account that you sent me.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X