BV and cube cart together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BV and cube cart together

Soho is NOT a host - So you have gotten more confused. Soho is a shopping cart builder. And if you build with BV, you will not then go to Soho or Zen or OS Commerce - you will build directly IN them.

If you want to build with BV - then, as explained above, you can do so using carts like I do (cartmanager) or Mal's.

Stop building until you decide what cart you want to use - because if you decide you want one like Soho or OSC or Zen, etc - you'll be starting all over again. If you like BV and want to build here, then you have to choose one of the add-on carts (mentioned above - or others) - but you still have to know that from the get-go - so you can add that as you go also.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Wow Beth, you're fast. My bad,, I meant VodaHost. Ok, I get what you mean, so, then do I build in BV, or right in whatever cart I plan to use? That's were I'm getting confused. The host I am using now, was an all in one pkg, so I never had to deal with putting it all together like this. VodaHost offers, (as you know), free shopping carts, so,do I start by building in BV or do I start by building in one of their, or any shopping cart ? That's what confuses me. Sorry to sound like a dope here, but I'm just not getting what my first step should be. I don't want to go through all that work of building in bv, then finding out that I should have built right in a cart.
      Thanks so much for your patience, but I've never done this before even though I did build my own site, I'm just not getting this cart thing and how you attach it to what you build in BV.
      Have a great day, and again, thanks for your time and patience.

Susan.
      WWW.THEJOLLYTINKER.COM

Comment

Susan,
        We've gone over this extensively in your other forum - but what you need to decide - is how you want to build and what will work best for you.

IF you want a store that works similar to what you have, with the database driven shopping cart, then you need to use a ecommerce website builder - like Soho, OSCommerce, Zen, etc- and THAT's where you build the entire site- just like you're doing now.

IF you are comfortable and like BV and being able to have more freedom, and can do what you want with an add-on shopping cart - then, yes, you can use BV. But I can't answer that for you. I can tell you that I use BV and CartManager and LOVE it. But I can't say you will love it. I can tell you in the other forum, I've given about 15-20 former stores who have moved doing the same way I am - so you can look and see lots of them.

But don't spend a lot of time building in BV if you're going to decide you want the type of cart you used before - cuz BV is a WEBSITE builder - than you can ADD a shopping cart to - but it is not a standalone ecommerce builder (like Soho, et all) are.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Ohhhhhh !!!! Ok, that makes it clearer.. Now, I get it. Sorry Beth, I know we went over it, but now, I think you've explained it a little clearer for my little blond head.. It's starting to sink in. Just did the demo of cart manager from your link, didn't get to that until now, so I'll play with that. I can just build my store there right ?
          You've been great Bethers I don't mean to ask the same thing over and over, but I just wasn't getting it. Maybe God gave you a bigger brain than me. :0)... but, I'm getting there.
          Have a wonderful day.
          Susan
          WWW.THEJOLLYTINKER.COM

Comment

No.. you dont build your store there either. You build your store on bv, then you use that cartmanager codes to LINK to your cc processor, only thing there are your codes and product info so they can process the order and collect the money.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, thanks Karen,
              Checking out CartManager right now. Soaking this all in. Want to get away from high fees on sol, but didn't know it would be this hard. You guys are a great help though. All this reading and help from you guys, is finally getting in.

Thanks again and have a great day !

Susan
              WWW.THEJOLLYTINKER.COM

Comment

Its NOT hard.. just different, just different things to learn.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

And keep asking till you get it - cuz it doesn't do you any good if you don't understand ;) - just take us with a grain of salt when we hold your hand and get testy - you know we mean well.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

I sure do, so, just smack me when I need it. I'm tough. I'll get it all together, hope I don't forget where I put it when I do. :0)
                    Have a great night and weekend you guys.
                    Stay safe !
                    Thanks again,,,

Susan
                    WWW.THEJOLLYTINKER.COM

Comment

Hey, Susan,
                      Beth and Karen give great advice. I've bugged them to death trying to get the cart sytem straight in my pea size brain.
                      By jove, I think I've got it..lol
                      I have stopped working on building my site at this point. I have a partially finished index page, but will work on it after I decide which cart to go with. For me, I want a cart that will let me build my site in BV. I like the freedom of creation and the fact the page is a what you see is what you get. I'm also trying the cartmanager demo. I will also check out the generic ecommerce cart for Dreamweaver. I'm judging on what is cost effective for me at this time. I'm on a limited budget, so have to base my decision on cost and what will work in my case.
                      I feel like I should earn a degree in all this by the time I'm ready to launch my site..lol

Good luck, Susan.
                      km5tq
                      GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                      www.jewelsheritage.net
                      Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Comment

Susan,
                        You are doing the right thing - figuring out what is best for you and doing the planning before you build and have to restart over and over. However, you might want to build and play with BV and CM - so you see how it works for you. Have fun with it - just don't put through a real order, LOL - as the 2 week trial of CM is LIVE.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well.. if she sets authorize.net to test.. she could use it all the way thru. Just remember to go back and set autho to live when shes done.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I've been playing around with the CM today, and so far so good. I created a test page, put in a seperate folder to save it. I have tested various settings and view them in preview. Since I have not published the test page, I should have nothing to worry about..right?!?
                            km5tq
                            GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                            www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

CM will be live if you added code to it to the page and went into preview. However, the only way you'd have a problem is if you placed an order and went all the way through - after attaching your cc processor (or paypal) - cuz the order would go through :)
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Whew! Thank goodness I didn't process any orders...lol
                                km5tq
                                GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                                www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

Working...
                                X