Pay Pal buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pay Pal buttons

You are very correct with what you have said, but if you read all of the thread, Naval wanted me to post both BV and Pay Pal buttons to see why we do not have the "continue shopping" option with BV. This way he can check the code for both and see where the difference is. I believe that with a small amount of re-coding at BV for this option, everyone will benefit, don't you?

Mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
      You are very correct with what you have said, but if you read all of the thread, Naval wanted me to post both BV and Pay Pal buttons to see why we do not have the "continue shopping" option with BV. This way he can check the code for both and see where the difference is. I believe that with a small amount of re-coding at BV for this option, everyone will benefit, don't you?

Mrmagoo144
      Oh yes I agree, it goes without saying that the more options available on BV, the easier it becomes for us all. Sorry just wasn't sure if you were aware of the other option that's all.... I read too quickly and quite often miss things! Maybe it's ME who should be called Mr Magoo?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Mr Magoo I am having a simular issue with my paypal add to cart & view cart continue to shop buttons.( www.eastcoastwestcoastgear.com ) Paypal gave my some script code for button by it didn't work??? Then I was told that it was myhosting site and the should force clients back to my site? (whatever that means). My site host says it's a paypal problem. I like you just want this to be resolved. Here is the script code for button

To fix the Continue Shopping button so that it returns to your webpage, please insert the following line of HTML code into each Add to Cart button:

<input type="hidden" name="shopping_url" value="http://www.eastcoastwestcoastgear.com/">

It can go anywhere between the <form action="https:.... and </form> tags. For example,

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
        <input type="hidden" name="add" value="1">
        <input type="hidden" name="business" value="ecwcinc********.com">
        <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Chanel Beige">
        <input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="201">
        <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="60.00">
        <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
        <input type="hidden" name="shopping_url" value="http://www.eastcoastwestcoastgear.com/">
        <input type="hidden" name="image_url" value="">
        <input type="hidden" name="return" value="">
        <input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="">
        <input type="hidden" name="receiver_email" value="ecwcinc********.com">
        <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">
        <input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
        <input type="image" name="submit" src="http://images.paypal.com/images/x-click-but22.gif" alt="Make payments with PayPal, it's fast, free, and secure!">
        </form>

You'll also want to add URL's to your return and cancel_return lines so buyers can get back to your site from the check

Let me know if you find a fix OK? ecwcinc********.com Good Luck

Comment

Mrmagoo,

the problem could be created by the fact that the BV code does not have a COntinue Shoppng URL. You can try this though:

Right click on the button created by BV. Select HTML, Inside Tag, and paste this:

><input type="hidden" name="shopping_url" value= http://www.videopostcards.info/paypaltest2.html

That should guarantee that the Continue Shopping button in PayPal will appear and work properly.

I don't know if VH will implement such a feature in some next version, i suggest that you you post in the Wish list forum so they can see it.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Quietstorm:

you should not have this problem, as you already have this code. I tested it with the code you posted above and indeed there is no problem with the "Continue Shopping" button. However you have another problem: the return page (after payment) is missing,
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Naval;
              Thank you for verifying our dilema here. It's too bad that we can't get the right code from the BV button, but all I did was go direct to pay pal used their code and pasted with HTML tool. All is working fine now, except the success and cancel page has to be included into the code. I didn't realize that BV does that but Pay Pal doesn't. Oh well, everything is an opportunity.
              By the way Karen, you can look over the site now that it is finished. Who knows maybe you will buy something.
              www.scanportonline.com

Again Naval, Thanks.

Mrmagoo144
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

However, it is simple to add the necessary line of code in the BV code. Follow the above post nr 19 and you will be done in 30 seconds.
                Navaldesign

Comment

hello Naval;
                  Color me stupid but where is the nr 19 post that you are referring to?

Thanks, Mrmagoo144
                  Cant see very well you know
                  mrmagoo144
                  www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi Naval -

I am jumping in with the same question - how to get the continue shopping button to appear. I am glad to see others in this thread have found eventual success but I still can't get mine to work... I copied the code you provided in Nr 19 and yet still no button appears.

Would you please see if you can see what I am missing? Here is the URL.

Ideally I want to replace all the BuyNow buttons with AddToCart so that people can continue shopping.

FYI, I definitely want to use the BV buttons rather than the PayPal code because I have 100 pages to add with 5 buttons each and BV is much faster for updating.

Thanks Naval!!

tp22

Comment

i tp22,

i just tried your code. The Buy Now buttons of course only allow for one item purchase. The paypal button you have in your page, also didn't allow Continue Shopping. I modified the code, as suggested, and it worked fine. Here is the code for you to test:

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
                      <input type="hidden" name="add" value="1">
                      <input type="hidden" name="business" value="lewispaintings@sbcglobal.net">
                      <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Original Oil Painting: Size 8x10 / Venice in the Mist by William Covel Lewis">
                      <input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="008-VIM-8x10">
                      <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="1.00">
                      <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
                      <input type="hidden" name="image_url" value="">
                      <input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://www.williamlewispaintings.net/payment-successful.html">
                      <input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="http://www.williamlewispaintings.net/payment-cancel.html">
                      <input type="hidden" name="receiver_email" value="lewispaintings@sbcglobal.net">
                      <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">
                      <input type="hidden" name="shopping_url" value= "http://www.williamlewispaintings.net/oil-painting-venice-in-the-mist.html">
                      <input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
                      <input type="image" name="submit" src="http://images.paypal.com/images/sc-but-01.gif" alt="Make payments with PayPal, it's fast, free, and secure!">
                      </form>
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
                        hello Naval;
                        Color me stupid but where is the nr 19 post that you are referring to?

Thanks, Mrmagoo144
                        Cant see very well you know
                        Mrmagoo, it is just some posts above. Posts in this thread are numbered, the number appears in the right top of each post. Look at nr 19.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you Naval! I am all smiles!!! It works like a charm! I hope they pay you well as you are terrific and speedy too!

Question: Is there a way for me to be able to update the Item Name and ID only in the BV button part without going into the html code? Given that I have so many to do, it is more time-consuming to go into the html. Can I just delete those lines in the code and the button will automatically pick them up, or do I need them in the code as well?

Thanks -
                          TP

Comment

hehe!! Pay ? No, this is a volunteer thing here, none of us is paid

I am not sure what you are asking. Each item has specific lines for tyhe item name, item number, amount, etc. Also, in the line i added, each item can also have a different Continue shopping URL ( as there may be many pages in your site, you may want to redirect the customer to whichever you like)

The button created by BV will allow you to change item name, number, price, etc, however, you need to create the buttons one by one. And, the code has to be added as explained in post 19 separately for each one.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Well, bless you for your volunteer work... :) It feels good to be on the receiving side.

OK, so I guess I have to go into the code each time. It's not so terrible, an extra 1-2 minutes each. Is there a way to code in color the code that I need to change each time so that it is easy to find?

TP

Comment

I'm afraid not. The input windows will not accept colours.

Some text editors have this ability, but again, you would need to do it outside BV and then copy paste.

No fear, after you've done it a couple of times, you will be able to it almost automatically.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X