No announcement yet.

setting basic pricing/paypal interface.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: setting basic pricing/paypal interface.

I would use the standard BV buttons if I could then give the customer a way to choose the size he wishes to purchase. Is that possible?
    AHE

Comment

I fear I'm not making myself clear. I want one purchase button only on the prices page. The choice for size and quantity would appear onthe checkout page.
      AHE

Comment

AHE,
        Ok, I think I get it now and no, I don't think you can do this with PayPal, at least not the way you want to. (Anyone out there please correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't found a way). You can enter size A as one product and size B as another. You can enter 1 item as one product and a 3 pack as another. This is the only way I have found to do it.
        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Thanks for your help. Let's see what other ideas come forward. If not, I'll make it work the way I've started. If you look at my website, you'll see the "size" box above the "buy" button. Is there anyway to rearrange those two, i.e., in line or stacked straight?
          AHE

Comment

What you ask for is quite possible. You can have options for the size, and the quantity. You can even define many other things. However, these are not as easy for the non experienced.

A PayPal button is nothing more or less than a form. The code you retrieve from PayPAl when you create a Add to Cart or a Buy Now button, is simply a form code. Seen this way, if you have some experience with forms, and Javascript, you can define whatever parameter you like, like quantity, price, options etc.
            Have a look at http://www.discountwoodblinds.co.uk/dbts_cart/order.php

there , the order form doesn't submit directly to PAyPal, but to the cart instead, however the concept is the same
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval: I have zero experience with forms and Javascript but over the last 24 hrs., I've manipulated some of the PayPal code to keep from jumping back and forth to their site. Paste and change does save some time. I like the way you did it but if you looked at my site in the last 24 hrs., you can see that I've at least found a way for the customer to buy. It's a little awkward and busy looking but it at least will get me up and running. I have a few more tweaks to make both on my site and in my Paypal profile to get it going. If you get a chace to look at my pricing page www.kneemanbarkus.com/pricing.html, I'll be pleased to accept additonal ideas or solutions.

Thank you for the help

AHE

Comment

Working...
              X