No announcement yet.

My First Website - what do you think of my effort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chris, Nice site! I'm a trumpet and Harmonica player. Oh yeah, and I dabble with the didgeridoo too! Very animated! One thing I noticed, and that was the size of your page. Is it possible to lessen the width of the page so the viewer does not have to scroll sideways? Small thing, I know, and I myself don't mind scrolling sideways, but the average user may not want to take the time since they are more used to scrolling up and down. Just a thought. Good luck to you and "keep practicing" as an old music teacher of mine used to say!
    Sincerely, Farmboyzim
    www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com
    Sincerely,
    Farmboyzim

Comment

Originally posted by farmboyzim
      Hi Chris, Nice site! I'm a trumpet and Harmonica player. Oh yeah, and I dabble with the didgeridoo too! Very animated! One thing I noticed, and that was the size of your page. Is it possible to lessen the width of the page so the viewer does not have to scroll sideways? Small thing, I know, and I myself don't mind scrolling sideways, but the average user may not want to take the time since they are more used to scrolling up and down. Just a thought. Good luck to you and "keep practicing" as an old music teacher of mine used to say!
      Sincerely, Farmboyzim
      TAKEN ON BOARD YOUR LOGICAL OBSERVATION, COULD YOU TAKE ANOTHER LOOK, MY RESOLUTION IS 1280 BY 1024 SO I A HAVE ADJUSTED FOR THOSE WITH 1024 BY 768.

best regards

chris watts.

Comment

Wow!

Very cool looking web site Chris.

Is this the first one you have done?

I will be going back and checking it out some more later.

Jet
        Every one has talent, they just need to look for it.

http://www.selectsilkscreenings.com

Promtoinal products for your business.

http://www.strongpromotions.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jet
          Very cool looking web site Chris.

Is this the first one you have done?

I will be going back and checking it out some more later.

Jet
          Yes it is , with the encouraging vodahost software and support it brings the best out in me.

thanks for your vote of confidence.

regards

chris watts.

Comment

Very Nice!

I visited your website. Very professional for your first time. I almost wouldn't believe it. The black and white really goes with your profession! I would love to hear some samples of your work.

Great Job for your first time!
            Bluevoda Website
            www.bluevodaxtra.com

Comment

Originally posted by etower464i
              I visited your website. Very professional for your first time. I almost wouldn't believe it. The black and white really goes with your profession! I would love to hear some samples of your work.

Great Job for your first time!
              At the moment my new cd is in its finishing touchesm however I can give you a couple of links where you can listen to samples http://www.malcolmcampbell.me.uk/chr...s/samples.html
              http://www.espaciosocial.com/cpg132/index.php?cat=19

Thank you for your complimentary comments I was a bit apprehensive first, but thank to Blue Voda They have made a dream come true for me

Thank you blue voda

Regards

Chris Watts.

Comment

Looks great Chris! For those folks that don't want to take the "effort" of scrolling sideways, this makes it easier to navigate! Here's a couple more tips that I just figured out. I was publishing my pages without looking at the "View Page" properties, to see how large the actual size of the page was. My background was taking up a lot of space with nothing on it. Even if the page is sized down to fit the screen, take a "big" look at how much space might be in use with no content on it, just the background. Like the saying goes, "watch your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves" might be changed to read "watch your 'bytes' and your 'mega's' will take care of themselves!" Hey, I think I just made up a saying!

Don't forget to put a link to your site on every message you post, it'll make it easier to find your site! Nice job! Keep the music flowing!
                Sincerely, Farmboyzim
                Sincerely,
                Farmboyzim

Comment

Thanks for the tips,

however you shouldn't be scrolling sideways now my resolution on my computer is 1280 by 1024, i adjusted my resolution temporarily to 1024 by 768, and now you should be scrolling upwards and downwards.

could you just verify that is the case.

here is the link again www.chris-watts.com

Best Regards to you.

Chris Watts.

Originally posted by farmboyzim
                  Looks great Chris! For those folks that don't want to take the "effort" of scrolling sideways, this makes it easier to navigate! Here's a couple more tips that I just figured out. I was publishing my pages without looking at the "View Page" properties, to see how large the actual size of the page was. My background was taking up a lot of space with nothing on it. Even if the page is sized down to fit the screen, take a "big" look at how much space might be in use with no content on it, just the background. Like the saying goes, "watch your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves" might be changed to read "watch your 'bytes' and your 'mega's' will take care of themselves!" Hey, I think I just made up a saying!

Don't forget to put a link to your site on every message you post, it'll make it easier to find your site! Nice job! Keep the music flowing!
                  Sincerely, Farmboyzim

Comment

I see you decided to use shinystats for your website counter, very nice choice!
                    ::Steven.H::

Comment

Hi Chris, Yep works Great! Not trying to sound like a "know it all", but there were a couple things you can use to align all your text and pics. Click one item, say a text block, then while holding down the shift key, click on all the items you want lined up, like your Title, Pic, Bio, etc. With all of them highlighted, there are some tool buttons for alignment up in the tool bar on the left. One for horizontal, and one for vertical. Found these while experimenting. Read instructions? Who me? After clicking on how you want things aligned, zip, it's done! This way everything is dress right dress, or aligned. (Some of my army days leaking through there!) By the way, over your left eybrow you have some text you may want to move. Nice picture by the way, looks like your're a happy guy! Take care, and again, these are just things that I've just learned, so I thought I'd pass them on. Good job on your site!
                      Sincerely,Farmboyzim
                      Sincerely,
                      Farmboyzim

Comment

I am a newbie to the site building thing. I am doing okay, not published yet. But a few questions....how do you add a counter....how do you add more than one page.??? sounds lame i know, but this is my first time....any feedback is highly appreciated. lost in texas, jguidry

Comment

A good counter is use is found at:

http://www.shinystats.com

Simply place the html code into the insert html code box that is found in BlueVoda, then you are set.
                          ::Steven.H::

Comment

Nice site!

Hey! Music's my life too...nice to see a site with a personal touch like this! I like the colours.
                            Ruth

http://www.okose.com
                            Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

Working...
                            X