• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please let me know what you think?

Cheese books?

Comment

The Homepage - yes, you are right - it doesn't say enough. I'll attend to that - I'll have a think and come up with something.

Thanks

Tony

Comment

Tony,

Your competition is pretty large, so a CV squirrel, well, why not, I suppose? But as I think has already been said, there's a fine line, so yes, probably need to tread carefully.

A few notes:

- on your homepage, I suggest you say something about why it's "CV Squirrel". On a subsequent page you have "I gather and hoard useful facts and i add them to your store". I think that's a good theme. I'd suggest you put that on your home page -- it'll explain the squirrel theme which threw me a bit.
        - rather than "Effective CVs", how 'bout "CVs that Show Your Greatest Talents"
        or "CVs to Get that Job", or "CVs that Get the Job Done". "Effective" is a little vague.
        - it would be good to have some info about you. Why should I choose your services over the many others on the internet? Have you worked as an H.R. manager? In recruitment? In a specific area of recruitment (techies, administration, management, industry, etc.). Is your market specifically in the U.K.? If you've had experience doing C.V.s for an international market, that's a great selling point (as different countries have different attitudes toward what a CV should look like). Or maybe you've just been successful yourself in getting the jobs you've wanted and that's how you learned to do great CVs?
        - Your tips pages are nice -- having the added value is a good idea.
        - Suggest you put links to your application page within the text of a lot of your other pages. Make it as easy as possible for people to write to you.
        - I've made the same comment in someone else's website. I'm personally not a great fan of Comic Sans Serif as a font. It's a bit "childish" to me. Since you're talking to an audience looking for a professional service, I'd suggest Ariel or Verdana (both popular fonts for business).

Hope this is helpful. Best of luck with this!!

Scribbler59
        Alias: Corinne
        www.projectgreatestgift.com

Comment

Nice, only the bottom of the page needs some design.
          www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.nl
          www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scribbler59
            Tony,

Your competition is pretty large, so a CV squirrel, well, why not, I suppose? But as I think has already been said, there's a fine line, so yes, probably need to tread carefully.

A few notes:

- on your homepage, I suggest you say something about why it's "CV Squirrel". On a subsequent page you have "I gather and hoard useful facts and i add them to your store". I think that's a good theme. I'd suggest you put that on your home page -- it'll explain the squirrel theme which threw me a bit.
            - rather than "Effective CVs", how 'bout "CVs that Show Your Greatest Talents"
            or "CVs to Get that Job", or "CVs that Get the Job Done". "Effective" is a little vague.
            - it would be good to have some info about you. Why should I choose your services over the many others on the internet? Have you worked as an H.R. manager? In recruitment? In a specific area of recruitment (techies, administration, management, industry, etc.). Is your market specifically in the U.K.? If you've had experience doing C.V.s for an international market, that's a great selling point (as different countries have different attitudes toward what a CV should look like). Or maybe you've just been successful yourself in getting the jobs you've wanted and that's how you learned to do great CVs?
            - Your tips pages are nice -- having the added value is a good idea.
            - Suggest you put links to your application page within the text of a lot of your other pages. Make it as easy as possible for people to write to you.
            - I've made the same comment in someone else's website. I'm personally not a great fan of Comic Sans Serif as a font. It's a bit "childish" to me. Since you're talking to an audience looking for a professional service, I'd suggest Ariel or Verdana (both popular fonts for business).

Hope this is helpful. Best of luck with this!!

Fantastic advice - you are a God!

I'll ceratinly take up these ideas.

I dithered over the font thinking it a bit childish - but the whole squirrel thing is a child like concept and i thought in for a penny ..... I might change it.

Like me, people who comment understand my squirrel think, but like me they wonder if it will work. If it doesn't, I'll copy the pages, remove and shoot the squirrel and make it all grown up.

How long do you experienced people think I should leave it?

Thanks

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X