Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell Me What You Think About My Home Page

Originally posted by LadyEye
    Just a few suggestions for the text on your page ... if you like ...

Steady Racing is a DFW based high performance online community for the racing enthusiast. At Steady Racing, racers,
    gear heads, and car enthusiasts alike can all come together and share their racing experiences, knowledge, and love for cars, trucks, or just about anything that makes (maybe use with instead) horsepower. Check out our Gallery for some great pictures, our Videos for outstanding heads up action, or our Project section just to see what else we have up our sleeves. While we do cater to racers everyone is welcome here at Steady Racing.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    ID: 11830
    www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Okies, much much better - but you still need to tweak it for the keywords/phrases people will use to find you.

You need to use the best keyword phrase in you page title - now it simply says home. I did some research but don't know what you want to target - I tried DFW racing - and very few people are searching for that - but there are a couple. I also tried high performance racing - not many there. So I went more general and looked at racing - and, of course, got thousands of searches - with the breakdown under it. You need to do this and find the ones that apply to you - and then you'll know how people find the sites- and those are the words you need to use so you'll show up when they do the searches.

Because you are DFW based, I would keep that on the page and would put it in your home page title even tho it doesn't get a lot of searches. Why? Because the people who do search for it - will be happy to get something representing exactly what they search for. For the same reason, I'd make it DFW, Texas. You need to find more of those terms/phrases.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Since this is a site of high speed cars, try putting more cool pics, more graphics.

this looks more like a simple personal site.

this is just a suggestion.
        nhugu.com - We are professional solution providers to facilitate in your corporate, business, official and personal presence in the web.

Comment

Originally posted by sameer
          Since this is a site of high speed cars, try putting more cool pics, more graphics.

this looks more like a simple personal site.

this is just a suggestion.
          My gallery is full of other cars but I have not published it yet. I think I'm going to have a problem with the page loading really slow. So I'm going to have to do some research on what I need to do to the pictures so that it will not load so slow.
          www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
            Okies, much much better - but you still need to tweak it for the keywords/phrases people will use to find you.

You need to use the best keyword phrase in you page title - now it simply says home. I did some research but don't know what you want to target - I tried DFW racing - and very few people are searching for that - but there are a couple. I also tried high performance racing - not many there. So I went more general and looked at racing - and, of course, got thousands of searches - with the breakdown under it. You need to do this and find the ones that apply to you - and then you'll know how people find the sites- and those are the words you need to use so you'll show up when they do the searches.

Because you are DFW based, I would keep that on the page and would put it in your home page title even tho it doesn't get a lot of searches. Why? Because the people who do search for it - will be happy to get something representing exactly what they search for. For the same reason, I'd make it DFW, Texas. You need to find more of those terms/phrases.
            I'm beginning to understand better what you are talking about. I was a little worried when I was writing my little into there about it being too long, so I was trying to keep in short and sweet.

As far as putting other key words in, is that something that can be done and embedded in the page with the key word digger?

Oh and how can you tell how many people are searching for certain things. Are you just doing a Google search or something like that and seeing what pops up?

BTW thanks for all of the help and input!
            www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Menace,

Im not Beth, but Digitalpoint.com has a good tool for searching for phrases and how many times those phrases or words were searched for in the past 30 days.

Also, while reading your text, you want to read it outloud to yourself so you can get a tangible image in your mind how it really sounds to your reader. I had a chuckle when i read: "Steadyracing racers". I understand you are trying to brand, but it wont work like that. id say something like, Steady Racers offers free resources for racers, fans, enthusiasts etc etc.

You also want to link up your keywords or navigation terms in your narrative. Gallery should be hyperlinked to the Gallery, projects to the Projects, etc etc.. You dont want them to have to go search the navigation bar, after already scanning your text. Make it easy to click to the interior pages.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

looks good like the colors i too view everything as 1024 x 768 i don't use 800 x 600 it makes everything to big and i'm not blind yet :) excellent job. :)
                "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Also, to add to what Karen answered for me :) - you don't need all your keywords on every page - as each page should target some - it's impossible to target all of them in one place.

As to your gallery - if you use the gallery feature - and have it show thumbnails, you'll be surprised how fast they can load - and you can make it so that people can click on them for them to open in another window at full size.

Keyword digger will pull out the words you use - it doesn't tell you what words you should be using - and pulling out words you've used is useless if they aren't the words people are using to search for. Use the tool Karen suggested - I use it almost daily.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

As to your gallery - if you use the gallery feature - and have it show thumbnails, you'll be surprised how fast they can load - and you can make it so that people can click on them for them to open in another window at full size.
                    Well that is the way I have it right now. However, when I made another gallery with about 9 pictures on one of the pages I published it seemed to load really slow. So, I got rid of the gallery and just put two decent sized pictures on there instead. Do you think it could have just been my computer loading them slowly? I mean I don't have the fastest computer but I'm not on a dial up either.
                    www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Could you have possibly not checked the box for them to display as thumbnails?
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Could you have possibly not checked the box for them to display as thumbnails?
                        Maybe. I'll take a look and see what I can figure out.
                        www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

The design on the page is fantastic. What a photo as well! Totally superb! I dont really have anything useful to say - just wanted to say its looking really good!

Regards
                          Teri

Comment

if you have a 800 pixel width screen, then you have an ANCIENT MONITOR! Don't even bother making a 800x. If someone does have a 800 wide pixel monitor, then that is their fault, not yours. Make it 1024. :) Standard.

Comment

Originally posted by pemdas21
                              if you have a 800 pixel width screen, then you have an ANCIENT MONITOR! Don't even bother making a 800x. If someone does have a 800 wide pixel monitor, then that is their fault, not yours. Make it 1024. :) Standard.
                              You still want to keep them people on your site. When making a website, you need to cater for as much as you possibly can. I havent been on any professional websites that you have to side scroll. Side scroll annoys the hell out of me - personal opinion but I think you will see that it applies to alot of people here.

Teri

Comment

Now, now Pemdas - many people - 20-30% of the computers out there - are still at 800 - and lots of them are because that's how the computers are set on their jobs.

You need to consider everyone - and even though I design at 1000 - I do so keeping those people with 800 still in mind.

By the way - the resolution has nothing to do with the monitor - it's how the computer is set - not the monitor.
                                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                                X