X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would like some feedback on my site

Originally posted by Bethers
    Perb,
    I suggest you use the alternate text to do what it's meant to do - tell people who can't see the pictures what the pictures are. You could add that also - for example say on the first "Gilbert Funeral Home picture - click for directions" and do same with the other name.

It doesn't hurt to have the extra there - but don't take away from their original meaning.
    Bether -- You always come through and set me straight. I thought about that very thing when I set the alternate text for the pics. Excellent suggestion! I think I may be over thinking some things a bit.
    perb31
    "There is no place like this place so this must be the place", The Place Tavern - E Heideman

www.gilbertfuneralhomes.com

Comment

On the contacts page you have e-mail address for people to contact, but there is no description of what or who the people are. Are they sales, management, customer service, complaints? and at which location? Maybe you should designate each person to a specific department.

Tweet

Comment

It would be nice if you provided links to the Illinois Funeral Director's Association and the International Order Of The Golden Rule from the bottom of the homepage.

Your site is constructed very well. I would like to construct my site with a similar design. I'm new so I might be asking you for help to get the ball rolling on mine.

Keep up the good Work!

Tweet

Comment

looking good so far but the HOME then text below it needs to be brought down the best way to get it corrected is after you make your adjustments and want to preview it before publishing it is by preview first make sure all are as it supposed to be off the lines, etc. then once it looks complete then publish it.
          "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

You're welcome.

And having links to some of the authorities is a good idea - but even better - is to get some of these places to link to you without requiring you to link to them. If you are a member of the chamber of commerce - or any other organizations with websites - ask them to link to you - a one-way link - it will be good for you with the se's. If there are any funeral associations that have links to funeral parlors, same thing.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Tweat,
              Get in touch any time with questions. Not always able to respond immediately but am more then willingto share my knowledge. I am learning more and more about Voda everyday. Thanks for the comment.
              perb31
              "There is no place like this place so this must be the place", The Place Tavern - E Heideman

Comment

ey nagosthunter,

Thanks again for the input, but I think you lost me on this one. I preview all my pages before publishing. I don't follow what you are saying. My pages didn't have the same look before last night but should all be in order today. I will be creating a banner for the top of my pages when I figure out Corel Suite 10. I appreciate your comments. Please keep em coming.
                perb31

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                  You're welcome.

And having links to some of the authorities is a good idea - but even better - is to get some of these places to link to you without requiring you to link to them. If you are a member of the chamber of commerce - or any other organizations with websites - ask them to link to you - a one-way link - it will be good for you with the se's. If there are any funeral associations that have links to funeral parlors, same thing.
                  I will definitely check out the chamber of commerce as well as other organizations with websites. How do you suggest getting in touch with the other businesses? I mean, should I write a letter, stop by in person? I am pretty sure I know what a one way link is, but what is it. Won't folks be offended that I don't want to link to them? I have created this site for my father-in-law's business and would like it if he could find his businesses in a google search. Any tips there? The whole meta tag thing is not what I understood it to be and am not very sure on what I need to enter there. I thought this is the information that se's used when searching for sites in their DB. no?
                  Confused...
                  perb31

Comment

Working...
                  X