Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please have a look at my first ever!

Hi there,

I have never done this before in my entire life and did not have too much time to read through forums etc... So I have come up with what I could, with simple means. Still took me about three months.
    I would be very grateful if you could have a look at my creation. Any ideas for improvement? Any mistakes? What do you think in general?
    Also I have noticed that in some browsers the font of the titles changes, which puts some titles in two lines rather than one, and orange lines are out of line with the text. What could I do about that? I have put the width as 900, I know it is recommended to do 800, but when I did it the whole thing went all over the place and looked horrible. Did I do it wrong?

www.sevenangels.co.uk

Thanks for your time and all the best!
    Marina

Re: please have a look at my first ever!

Hi, Nice surprise! For a 1st timer, I’m impressed & it’s looking real good. There are a couple of small spelling mistakes. But this could even be down to what dictionary you are using on your machine.
    Some of the pages want to be set to 800 then published. Getting a bit of a side jump with page changes.
    May not be wanted? But a few more calming images might break thinks up a little.
    But besides my moans, The site is looking great.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Marina,
      Looks like a well spent three months. The layour, color and such are very nice. Congratulations.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I use IE7, and it all looks good to me. Loads quickly.
        I like your site - clean, easy to navigate, soothing colors.
        Couple of things:
        From the About page the Reflexology button doesn't work\From the Crystal page the About button doesn't work
        I think the 900 width is probably okay. 800 is recommended, but at 900 most will be able to view with no side scroll. I think Beth said like 10% of viewers need it to be 800, so there is your choice.
        I find your site really interesting, too, lots of stuff to read and learn.
        Good Job.
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Very nice site - didn't mind the width it looked good. Keep up the good work.
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Hi Marina,
            This is a beautiful site... you should be very pleased. You do need to have someone read over everything thoroughly for mistakes in spelling. Nice feel and layout! I wish you were in Florida as I have always been interested in Reiki and Shamanism. Good luck
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com
            www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
            www.virtualdesigndiva.com
            www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

I can't really fault anything, very good for your first attempt.

Paul
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk
              The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
              Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
              Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Awesome Awesome first site man i wish i was able to make somthing as nice as that when i started. Propz i like the clean colors easily navigate through pages a nice contact form. Congratulations! I have dial up and it loaded quickly except the pictures at the top. But then again i have dial up soon to get dsl back.
                http://www.rampshack.com
                Sliced/Coded/Manged
                Check me out in the gallery look for Josh!

Comment

Great first site, you should have seen mine, love the colors.......Good Job!
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by j0sh710
                    Awesome Awesome first site man i wish i was able to make somthing as nice as that when i started. Propz i like the clean colors easily navigate through pages a nice contact form. Congratulations! I have dial up and it loaded quickly except the pictures at the top. But then again i have dial up soon to get dsl back.
                    Hi Marina

You can make the top into one picture to avoid slow loading as Josh has mentioned. It seems like each picture is (576 x 432). I guess you just resized it in BV. Below is a picture of the top of your page. This would load ALOT faster

Cheers
                    Mike
                    http://www.atexflooring.ca
                    http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

Excellent job! You need to tweak some of the search engine optimization (page titles, descriptions). You've done a remarkable job for a first every website. Kudos to you.
                      Beth
                      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Lovely. The colors are soothing and very appropriate for the kind of work you do. If I wasn't 7,000 miles away, I'd make an appointment.

www.marshmediagroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by matrixxxxxx1
                          Hi Marina

You can make the top into one picture to avoid slow loading as Josh has mentioned. It seems like each picture is (576 x 432). I guess you just resized it in BV. Below is a picture of the top of your page. This would load ALOT faster

Cheers
                          Mike

hmmm

I thought I inserted the pic...here it is again.

http://www.atexflooring.ca
                          http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

Hey everybody,

thank you sooooo much for your lovely feedback and your comments. I really, really appreciate your coments. Thanks so much to you all!!!!! You all have put a big smile on my face!

I was trying to make it soothing and nice to look at and it seems that I have succeeded with that.

I will get the spelling checked and the buttons that don't work. Will also have a look at titles and descriptions!!!! And Mike, thanks for the picture of the top part!!! How did you do that?? I was wondering how I can get it all together into one piece as I was not happy with the loading myself... that was so helpful! So do I just copy that now and put it into the page? I guess so....

Sending you all lots of blessings!
                            Have a greta time!
                            Marina

Comment

Great site and very inviting.
                              I thought it could use a breif description of who your links are and what they do. Some people like to have a bit of info before hitting an unknown. Great success in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X