Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My website will never be done!!! but how is it looking anyways

Hi fellow vodees,

How's my website looking. Any suggestions.!
    Soy Candles
    Never Let a Kind word go Un said!

Soy Candles

Re: My website will never be done!!! but how is it looking anyways

looks very nice.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Shirlee,
      Your site is looking very nice. And just to let you know... a site is never really finished! LOL

Off topic... I am on the board of the Natural Ingredient Resource Center, check us out. You might be interested in becoming a pledge member. www.naturalingredient.org
      Naturally Yours,
      Dori
      www.earthelixirs.com
      www.earthelixirsinc.com
      www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
      www.virtualdesigndiva.com
      www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Thank you very much for your comments Dori and Vodahost and thanks for the website dori. I am sure it will come in handy.

If anybody has any thoughts of improvements that I could make to my website I would love to hear from you.

Soy Candles

Comment

It looks great, nice job!
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Shirlee,

You sight looks great and I might become a customer of yours. We are candle crazy around my house. I belive we have at least two or three burning right now in every room in the house with exception of the bathrooms, there's one in each of them.

I believe Dori is correct as your site could never be finished. Keep up the great work and look for an order from me soon.
            It can be a great day but it's your choice!

Rick
            P.S. Don't let the world pass you by, ride out ahead of it on a motorcycle!

http://www.deepsouthrides.com

Comment

Hello,

Sorry to ruin the fun here .. but on your site you have the Trust-e logo that looks like ..

(If you click on this logo, it will bring you the the Adobe Trust-e Privacy. You should have something exactly like this if you have that logo on your website.)

... saying that you are respecting peoples privacy yady-yady-yada, but something tells me you just copy and pasted that picture. I should be able to click on that Trust-e logo and I should see some documents. Infact the logo you have on there isn't even the right one, it should say Reviewed by, not Powered by .. the logo I am showing you is the right one.

I strongly suggest you take it off before you get caught.
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thank you all for your comments.

Jeremy
                I would like to respond to your comments first. There was one thing and only one thing about your statement that is correct. The image I had on my site wasn't linked to anything yet. We are however in the process of being reviewed. It is not our intention to deceive anybody as you are suggesting we are doing. The only reason that the image is on our page is because we are almost complete with the review and we use the blue voda builder which enters information according to when it is placed in your page.

As far as the idea that the image I was using was the incorrect image I think you were so outraged of the thought that we were trying to mislead someone that you glanced at another image called our crafty syntex image which says (Powered by Crafty Syntex). The truste one did say reviewed by and was the correct one! The thing that does bother me however is that if you think this way others might do the same as well (Which no site wants) so we are going to remove the image until the review is fully complete.

I appreciate the find but I don't appreciate your delivery method!

I do however beleive it is quite impolite to accuse people in the manner which you implied.

Btw you forgot to include your flashing blue lights with your red ones!!

Soy Candles

Comment

Garren: Great site! You have put a lot of work into it. The only problem I had, was that the pages seemed to load very slow. I have IE7 and dsl and each page I clicked on was slow loading. Don't know what you can do about that, but thought I'd let you know. Other than that, all the links worked that I clicked on except for the images on the bottom of the home page. They didn't go anywhere and yet are clickable. You may still be working on it. Anyway, Great job!
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by Garren
                    Thank you all for your comments.

Jeremy
                    I would like to respond to your comments first. There was one thing and only one thing about your statement that is correct. The image I had on my site wasn't linked to anything yet. We are however in the process of being reviewed. It is not our intention to deceive anybody as you are suggesting we are doing. The only reason that the image is on our page is because we are almost complete with the review and we use the blue voda builder which enters information according to when it is placed in your page.

As far as the idea that the image I was using was the incorrect image I think you were so outraged of the thought that we were trying to mislead someone that you glanced at another image called our crafty syntex image which says (Powered by Crafty Syntex). The truste one did say reviewed by and was the correct one! The thing that does bother me however is that if you think this way others might do the same as well (Which no site wants) so we are going to remove the image until the review is fully complete.

I appreciate the find but I don't appreciate your delivery method!

I do however beleive it is quite impolite to accuse people in the manner which you implied.

Btw you forgot to include your flashing blue lights with your red ones!!
                    You have mislead me here. It is very easy to take some words you read on a post into an other manner. I was not trying to be rude or did not try to come on to you in a very ubruct manner here, I was just warning you to take it off your website as soon as possible because you had no proof that you we're being revued or if you are even a member etc. and you could have got caught for that .. I appologize to you if I have sounded a little rude on that post.

The reason being is that you still shouldn't put that on until you have been fully approved and I am glad that you have taken note of that. I have seen an other site from a BlueVoda website maker and they claim that their website is 'HackerSafe' by just putting a .jpg picture of their logo on their website.

Much success with your website!
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Looks like a great site. Well layed out
                      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Very clean, Garren, and looking quite thought out.....

I know you have a lot of products, and thus a lot of pages, but I would personally try to avoid such long pages that thrust my navigation down the page (especially my Main/"index" page, which is my "first impression maker"), thereby dictating such an unexpectedly long page (that makes you feel compelled to fill with *******ted images to "balance" the page).
                        >> Have you considered drop-down, or dynamic navigation styles?
                        This would allow you to have categories and appearing sub-categories in your Menu system, each deliverable as they are now, and you would not need to worry about losing visitor attention so much: they would no longer need to scroll down the page to find the link.

Just an idea!
                        (I know....sounds good, but means a lot of re-working! Sorry! >> Just one page though, right?)
                        LOL
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Garren,
                          I have read and reread what Jeremy wrote about the truste logo. He wasn't attacking you at all. He was just letting you know that it wasn't the correct logo or linked to the documents corresponding to the truste program. Better Jeremy or someone else on BV find this oversite than truste... it could bring you a world of hurt.

I know it is difficult sometimes to understand the vein in which someone writes. It is also difficult to take constructive criticism on a project you put so much time into. Please, remember though, that our forum members do this on their own time and do not get paid for all of the wonderful knowledge they bestow on us. They are only trying to help and I, for one, can never repay them for everything they give so freely.
                          Naturally Yours,
                          Dori
                          www.earthelixirs.com
                          www.earthelixirsinc.com
                          www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                          www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                          www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Working...
                          X