Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready for Review and Critique - On the right track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for Review and Critique - On the right track?

I'm tired! Phew! This is exhausting. Please tell me what you think.

Am I on the right track here?

www.carabellaskincare.com

Maritza

Re: Ready for Review and Critique - On the right track?

Good work, few things to look for:
    -Title your pages
    -Didn't see a location, you're in Washington State, if thats your target area let users know.
    -Your email is not showing on the About page, it does appear after clicking the blank space.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks Bill...
      Not sure how to title the pages? I noticed the only page with a title was the About page but don't remember what I did to do that?

Maritza

Comment

Hi Maritza,
        Right click for Page Properties and then change "untitled page" for something like "Skincare by CaraBella" and do the same for every page with a different title.
        While you do that, add a few words under Metatags.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

ahhhhh! thank you, bill!

Comment

You're welcome.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi, as Bill says, you could add a few more key words to your list. Up to 15-20 is not a bad number, but you should have these words within the text of your page.
              With web pages you have to think about the content you may like to place in the page & then work a little bit backwards. What I find is when thinking about the content, is! what would I enter or my visitors enter into (lets say Google) to find my page or products on my site. Make this list up & then try to incorporate these words into the page within the headings & text of the page. This should be individual to each page.

Same with images? when naming images, call them things like “beauty-treatment” & not facial3 . This is only because of visitors wouldn’t put facial3 as a search in Google.
              Its not a good thing to put keywords in that don’t apply to your page. I noticed that you have “skin treatments” as a phrase but not on the page, even though you have the 2 words. This maybe better as “skin, treatments” as part of the key words.
              Your front page will not be able to have many key words unless you add a little more content. But this page http://www.carabellaskincare.com/services.html you will be able to give it the full treatment with lots of key words.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

This is looking great Maritza.... I like the colors, photos and general layout.
                Naturally Yours,
                Dori
                www.earthelixirs.com
                www.earthelixirsinc.com
                www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Thank you Dori & Chris....

Chris, your suggestion to name my images? I didn't know I had to do that. What's advantage to naming the images?

Maritza

Comment

Hi Maritza,
                    Naming your images helps with the se's but more importantly it helps with seeing impaired individuals that are surfing the web. Images are read to them, so if you name them appropriately these folks will have a better idea of what your site has to offer.
                    Naturally Yours,
                    Dori
                    www.earthelixirs.com
                    www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dori
                      Hi Maritza,
                      Naming your images helps with the se's but more importantly it helps with seeing impaired individuals that are surfing the web. Images are read to them, so if you name them appropriately these folks will have a better idea of what your site has to offer.
                      Excellent reminder, as the details regarding enhanced surfing are usually forgotten (if even discussed)! The use of readers is not restricted to the challenged anymore either, as simple programs are becoming a means to archive the web and check for potential "issues" using context and usage formulae. Good Post, Dori.

Maritza:
                      As you "title your images" it would be prudent to include some type of innocuous 'disclaimer' such as "carabella_skin_care_of_seattle_washington_offers_ name_of_lotion_here" so you are not confused with (or accused of infringing on) the Carabella Collection --the clothier and accessories retailer.....it would prove to be your due diligence should it ever become an issue, and allow you to simply leave the line in your header as it is. (Similar to what Burlington Stores/Coat Factory does to distance from Burlington Industries)
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasili. I can only take credit for absorbing this information taught me by Bethers.

Excellent suggestion on due diligence Vasili. Maritza, you would be very wise to do as Vasili suggests. I have a friend with a small cottage business that is doing battle with a larger, better financed company. Even though she can prove to have been in business longer, they had the money to protect themselves via trademark, etcetera.
                        Naturally Yours,
                        Dori
                        www.earthelixirs.com
                        www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Working...
                        X