Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Site

Originally posted by Danielle@WPA
    Wow Danny...That is very cool! What program are you using? Looks great! :) Thank you for taking the time to do that. I will show it to the powers that be and see if they want me to use it. Thank you again!!!!!

Danielle
    Not a problem and your welcome!

It was done with Adobe Photoshop and only took a couple of minutes to do up. Just let me know if you need a little help with something and i'll see what I can do.

Danny

Comment

Hi Danielle

Did something up if you wanted to have a boo at it:

http://www.exportbc.com/wilsonpaves.html

Danny

Comment

Danny,

Looks like I need to get Adobe Photoshop! Looks great! The only thing is that the logo doesn't match completely and the name isn't complete (Wilson, Paves & Associates Insurance Agency, Inc.)....Other than that.....super! I love it. So Photoshop is what I will need to do the fonts on the header???
        Danielle

Comment

Thanks Danielle

Yes, Photoshop allows you to do lots of nifty things to manipulate fonts or images. I have been using it for about 10 years now. Sorry about the proper spelling as I just did it up as a mock-up to give you an idea of how far you can take your web site and it was just an example.

Good luck with your site!

Danny

Comment

I hope I don’t ruin your day but the I like to comment today and be honest too. The main font is so wrong for the purpose. Insurance + Agency = believe in us. It should be way more elegant or then just more plain. This is more like a high school hand writing font. (By the way I took this morning as to pay it forward as my opinions to others since my sites have been remarked, “Appraised” and commented upon.)
            Copperplate Gothic light if you must make tricks is one suggestion. I figured out it can take weeks for some browser updates before some computers actually read “weird” texts and I was only using TW Cent condensed (always likeable but sometimes seems to follow in time).
            It really is a quick trick to change the font.

Oh, and put those index page links little bit more down. After all they are links. Also at your contact page, change your Times roman to match the smaller italic version. Overall you are using too many font sizes and styles and before you show the work to the bosses I would cut them down to Copper (+ one of the following) and Verdana, Times Roman or then my favorite TW Cent Con. Try to keep the style wheather its italic or regular. Still when people jump the pages, difference jumps out.

I did catch some Bahamas feeling thoughJ

www.planet-360.com It's all over the place!

www.DomainAle.Com Cheers!

www.0-0-9.Com - who called?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Canada
              Thanks Danielle

Yes, Photoshop allows you to do lots of nifty things to manipulate fonts or images. I have been using it for about 10 years now. Sorry about the proper spelling as I just did it up as a mock-up to give you an idea of how far you can take your web site and it was just an example.

Good luck with your site!

Danny
              Danny,

I think your ideas are amazing. Is the Header (Wilson, Paves.....) from Photoshop? I know the new version has the Logo Maker but I haven't had time to mess with it.

I will try to implement your ideas....if I can. I feel a little handycaped! :) I don't have Photoshop yet. Maybe I need to get it???? What version would you recommend?

Thanks again for all your time and help. I have been looking around to get ideas and the fact that you were willing to jump in and help me is so very appriciated. Lord knows I need the help.

Thanks again Danny!!!!

Danielle
              Danielle

Comment

Originally posted by Cornuto
                I hope I don’t ruin your day but the I like to comment today and be honest too. The main font is so wrong for the purpose. Insurance + Agency = believe in us. It should be way more elegant or then just more plain. This is more like a high school hand writing font. (By the way I took this morning as to pay it forward as my opinions to others since my sites have been remarked, “Appraised” and commented upon.)
                Copperplate Gothic light if you must make tricks is one suggestion. I figured out it can take weeks for some browser updates before some computers actually read “weird” texts and I was only using TW Cent condensed (always likeable but sometimes seems to follow in time).
                It really is a quick trick to change the font.

Oh, and put those index page links little bit more down. After all they are links. Also at your contact page, change your Times roman to match the smaller italic version. Overall you are using too many font sizes and styles and before you show the work to the bosses I would cut them down to Copper (+ one of the following) and Verdana, Times Roman or then my favorite TW Cent Con. Try to keep the style wheather its italic or regular. Still when people jump the pages, difference jumps out.

I did catch some Bahamas feeling thoughJ
                Cornuto,

Comments on any kind are welcome. I appriciate you taking the time to check it out and let me know what you think. I will take a look at the fonts and will consider your suggestions.

Thanks,

Danielle
                Danielle

Comment

Okay....I made some changes from all the wonderful suggestions I received. I still have more to do but am happy with what I have so far.

Thank you for all your help and suggestions!!

Danielle
                  Danielle

Comment

Well....now that the server is up and running again....

Danny and AmaDee,

Would love your comments on the changes I made with your help!

Danielle
                    Danielle

Comment

Hi Danielle,
                      I just pop in now.
                      May be I can give you some imputs.
                      1) you have done a great job.
                      2) your choice of colors is perfect.
                      3) your pages are to big.
                      4) your viewers will probably be somebody that has the computer on mostly for business, so on your screen put your favorites up, and this will be probably how viewers are looking at your page.It is great if they they do not have to scroll all the time.
                      5)Your services page, put an hyperlink with the text, ex: agricolture

Comment

Sorry, I was writing and click on the wrong thing, let me continue : agricolture.
                        I like the text to be the navigation menu, but I think your choice of menu bar is good.
                        About the size of the page, if you make it smaller, the page will look more professional.
                        Danielle, these are just my ideas, I said before you have started very well.
                        Ciao
                        Alas

Comment

Hi Danielle,

So sorry for your loss, I have a site too dedicated to my daughter, grandson and my dad. If you would like a candle lit for your son I would be happy to do that for you. Here is the site: www.memoriesofangels.com
                          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi Danielle,
                            is me again, I just looked at your other site.
                            I just want to tell that I am really sorry for your loss.
                            Alas

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin
                              Hi Danielle,

So sorry for your loss, I have a site too dedicated to my daughter, grandson and my dad. If you would like a candle lit for your son I would be happy to do that for you. Here is the site: www.memoriesofangels.com
                              Thank you Sharon. Yes...please light a candle for our son Vincent. And I too am sorry for your loss. Great site dedicated to them.

Danielle
                              www.vincentvonfrankenberg.com
                              www.wilsonpaves.com
                              Danielle

Comment

Originally posted by alas
                                Hi Danielle,
                                is me again, I just looked at your other site.
                                I just want to tell that I am really sorry for your loss.
                                Alas
                                Alas,

Thank you. And thank you for your suggestions. I really do appriciate them.

Danielle
                                www.vincentvonfrankenberg.com
                                www.wilsonpaves.com
                                Danielle

Comment

Working...
                                X