my site cc welcome!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my site cc welcome!!!

Hi, I see over lapping text still on my screen. It is located at the home page on the very bottom where it says "Limited only by your imagination". The text is over lapping the bar. The star the seperates samples & services also ontop of the word samples. Once you click samples, the part that says "All dog photos courtesy of
    Piper and Juno my fabulous two" is ontop of "Contact Webdesign by Niome". Your website looks pretty cool otherwise though.

Comment

Hi

Nice website. simple and gives more information
      Chitra B. Gurung
      EVERGREEN Tours,
      Kathmandu, Nepal
      www.egtours.com

Comment

Text is overlapping on mine too in a number of places.
        Are you using a web-friendly font? If not, this could be the culprit..
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

What is a web friendly font? I'm using edwardian script.

Comment

Hi, just having my usual gripe about images. Think you need to go through the site & resize most of them.
            One of the biggest mistakes a lot of BV users make is using the handles on the side of the image for resizing. (A big no no!)
            IE: The image on your front page is over 300kb. The one below is about 32kb & could be brought down to half this with some extra work. Images are one of the worst things to put on a page, but we all would like to see them & will always be part of our pages. So for this reason it is important to get them as small as pos in the KB department.
            On your samples page (Nearly 1 Meg) I see you have used the light box which is one of the reasons the page is high in KB’s.
            Only a personal opinion! But I think this image facility should only be used for 1 or 2 images max on a page as it doesn’t reduce the kb’s on the thumbnails & also makes the thumbnails look crinkly. There are some freebies & tips on images in the image/photo link below.
            But on the good side. The sites got a nice lay out & looks good.

Good Luck.
            Ps This is the same for some images on the other site. http://www.chantillygoldens.com/tuxalbum.html

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I think your site is beautiful but the text is really over lapping on my screen.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

hi all thanx for the cc. I actually did resize the images on the free resizer? They are 60 % of what they were! I'll rethink the font and see what I can come up with!
                ps-When I resize them on my computer at home my program photoimpression lets me reduce pixels and I've reduced these all to about 700xwhatever the height is, is there a better rule of thumb for resizing?

Comment

PS :) I would like to keep the lightboxes for the time being to have some samples for clients to look at but I'm considering a few other options for them! Once both the sites in the right are up and running I might have only a few select samples and then the links to the completed sites!

Comment

Hi again Niome

Just thought i would let you know i went back to your site and no scrowling to see your lovely dogs this time.

best wishes
                    Mirelle

Comment

thnx Mirelle! :)

Comment

Originally posted by niome
                        hi all thanx for the cc. I actually did resize the images on the free resizer? They are 60 % of what they were! I'll rethink the font and see what I can come up with!
                        ps-When I resize them on my computer at home my program photoimpression lets me reduce pixels and I've reduced these all to about 700xwhatever the height is, is there a better rule of thumb for resizing?
                        Hi, what is often forgotten with PIXresizer is to uncheck the 100% box & chose the smaller image size (physical). What’s happened is that you have taken a 2592x1070px image & reduced the over all pixels but used the handles on the side of the image to make it smaller. So is all you have done with PIXresizer is reduced the pixels in the over all image (which is good) but still squeezed the remaining image into an area 778x321. So if you deducted the second size from the 1st, you will then gain another big saving in kb’s. This can be done with any image software, Or! just use MS Picture manager. Its fine for this type of work & works real well, plus a little more controllable than PIXresizer. So you now need to reduce the phyisical size of the image you are using. But not by the image handles.

Good luck.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris I downloaded the pix resizer and am going to resize all the pix. However I made word pics so that all computers can see the font that I want to display and when I load the page the pics of the words take a long tim eto load even though they are resized, is there anything you would recommend to do for this?

Comment

Hi Niome about the text read this thread regards shapes and text: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...g-problem.html
                            About the picture, yes you have resized them, but you have also used the mouse to make them smaller.
                            I dowloaded your picture in the enter page and the size in bluevoda is :
                            w 900 , h 910 more or less.
                            But, you want to have 400 x 400, so this are the figure you must put when you using pix.
                            Ciao
                            Alas
                            www.mediterraneotanzania.com
                            P.s. try to download my picture and then insert them in bluevoda, you will see the size remains the same.

Comment

Originally posted by niome
                              Hi Chris I downloaded the pix resizer and am going to resize all the pix. However I made word pics so that all computers can see the font that I want to display and when I load the page the pics of the words take a long tim eto load even though they are resized, is there anything you would recommend to do for this?
                              ONce you get your picture to the size you want, you can go to this page and optomize it to be less dense. i.e., load faster.
                              http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/index.php

It works great - wonderful tool.
                              Liz
                              www.sebastopolparty.com
                              www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
                              X