Web Design Is Dangerous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Design Is Dangerous...

I'm busy with a new website for a Raptor and Reptile Centre, it has been the most hair raising and fun site to date. www.addoraptorreptile.com

Please could I have your comments and crits.

Cheers,
    Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
    Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
    Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
    BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Re: Web Design Is Dangerous...

Originally posted by PlayItByBeer View Post
    I'm busy with a new website for a Raptor and Reptile Centre, it has been the most hair raising and fun site to date. www.addoraptorreptile.com

Please could I have your comments and crits.

Cheers,
    Hi Andrew, excellent as usual, I am presuming it is still work in progress as I found a few pages were non existant?

One tiny thing I noticed was that your links menu jumps from page to page on a few pages, but otherwise up to your usual standard which always amaze me!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks Ramsey,

Like the Centre logo? LOL

I've just realised I spelt Lizard with two ZZ's so I'm changing the links menu, I think that's the guilty party with the moving menu.

Have a look at the desktop wallpapers on the media page www.addoraptorreptile.com/centre_information/media.html there are some fun uses of the logo.

Cheers,
      Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PlayItByBeer View Post
        Thanks Ramsey,

Like the Centre logo? LOL

I've just realised I spelt Lizard with two ZZ's so I'm changing the links menu, I think that's the guilty party with the moving menu.

Have a look at the desktop wallpapers on the media page www.addoraptorreptile.com/centre_information/media.html there are some fun uses of the logo.

Cheers,
        You know me I love your artwork, you don't even need to spend any money going to the local zoo... you seem to make your animals appear alive somehow LOL.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
          You know me I love your artwork, you don't even need to spend any money going to the local zoo... you seem to make your animals appear alive somehow LOL.
          I shot way too many great pictures... the birds are were posers, but the snakes were not on the same page ( I've got a picture of one of our most deadly snakes, a puffadder, between my 'bare feet', I didn't notice it moving while I was happy snapping and a handler saying "just stay still")

It's not so easy taking photo's while chain smoking!!!

Cheers,
          Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Hi Andrew,
            Very well done as usual, lol. The artwork is funtastic. When viewing your site in Firefox, you will see the menu Addo >> Accommodation >> .... not expanding fully. See my post here.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
              Hi Andrew,
              Very well done as usual, lol. The artwork is funtastic. When viewing your site in Firefox, you will see the menu Addo >> Accommodation >> .... not expanding fully. See my post here.
              Thanks Tommy,

I checked the pages in FF while I was uploading and I didn't pick it up. Thanks tip, but I'm already running default style and the menu's have already be 'move to front' or they would open behind the page text.

Any other suggestions???

Cheers,
              Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Hi, I like reviewing yours sites as it’s a bit like a competition on trying to find something wrong. (Hard) LOL. But another great looking site. Couple of things that maybe worth a look.
                Pages look slightly off centre & are set at 800 wide. Not sure if 770 might align them a bit closer.
                Not sure on the http://www.addoraptorreptile.com/reptiles/lizards.html page if the lizards look a bit washed out in comparison to your other images??
                On the http://www.addoraptorreptile.com/cen...donations.html page, the blue links are hard to read.

Couple of fire fox issue.
                On the http://www.addoraptorreptile.com/add...tractions.html page this text is over lapping the text underneath.
                ADDO ATTRACTIONS | SUNDAYS RIVER VALLEY | EASTERN CAPE | SOUTH AFRICA

And on the menu Addo>Accommodation> the slide out menu after this goes under the right hand image. I think Tom on the forum has a fix for this, as its works fine in IE.

Another great looking site.

Good luck.
                Ah! i see Tom has popped in.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                  Hi, I like reviewing yours sites as it’s a bit like a competition on trying to find something wrong. (Hard) LOL. But another great looking site. Couple of things that maybe worth a look.
                  Pages look slightly off centre & are set at 800 wide. Not sure if 770 might align them a bit closer.
                  Not sure on the http://www.addoraptorreptile.com/reptiles/lizards.html page if the lizards look a bit washed out in comparison to your other images??
                  On the http://www.addoraptorreptile.com/cen...donations.html page, the blue links are hard to read.

On the http://www.addoraptorreptile.com/add...tractions.html page this text is over lapping the text underneath.

And on the menu Addo>Accommodation> the slide out menu after this goes under the right hand image. I think Tom on the forum has a fix for this, as its works fine in IE.

Good luck.
                  Thanks Chris,
                  • Centre align was sorted at 770 wide. tks
                  • The geckos on the lizzard page are actually that colour. LOL
                  • I'm changing all links to the same colour as the rest of text. (lazy at the start costs you in the end)
                  • The FF problem not sorted with Toms fix, but I've changed bed & breakfast to B&B and it seems to be fine.
                  Thanks for having a detailed look as usual.
                  Cheers,
                  Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Great looking site. Hope you did not get nipped at working with those animals even throu they did look tame to me. Problay its still work in progress under the snakes where it said next came up with a 404 error. very well done,good luck with it.
                    sigpicJoe
                    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post

Good luck.
                      Hi Chris and Andrew,
                      For the drop menu to work perfectly in FF, you must not only use the DEFAULT style, but also do not use any Appearance Effects.

Another tip: Do not use a dropmenu with submenus at the right hand side of the page. Menus only expand to the right and not to the left. They will expand off the page, causing slight sideways scrolling as well.

Good luck.
                      Bless you
                      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by jkadin View Post
                        Great looking site. Hope you did not get nipped at working with those animals even throu they did look tame to me. Problay its still work in progress under the snakes where it said next came up with a 404 error. very well done,good luck with it.
                        Thanks jkadin,
                        It's very much a 'work in progress' and my lacking knowledge of raptors and reptiles means I need to wait for some content LOL. The animals are all wild and definitely not tame. They don't milk or remove fangs.

Cheers,
                        Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Hi Chris and Andrew,
                          For the drop menu to work perfectly in FF, you must not only use the DEFAULT style, but also do not use any Appearance Effects.

Another tip: Do not use a dropmenu with submenus at the right hand side of the page. Menus only expand to the right and not to the left. They will expand off the page, causing slight sideways scrolling as well.

Good luck.
                          Thanks Tom,

My problem was due to the length of the words and their positioning in relation to the right side of my page. Reducing 'bed and breakfast' to B&B has solved the problem.

Cheers,
                          Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Man, I'm trying hard to find a mistake. I'm glad you have it fixed. What about swapping Education and Addo menus and leave Bed and Breakfast written out?
                            Bless you
                            Tom

Comment

Man, I'm trying hard to find a mistake. I'm glad you have it fixed. What about swapping Education and Addo menus and leave Bed and Breakfast written out?
                              Great minds think alike LOL The only reason why I decided not to swop them is that the accommodation section is a bit of an ad on and it would end up in the middle of main site or centre area.

I decided that the drop down menu's don't fit my design style, so it's back to custom nav to fit my template in the future. (bit clean for my custom templates LOL)
                              Cheers,
                              Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X