Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 years in the makin, 5 in the writin..and ready for your critique!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 years in the makin, 5 in the writin..and ready for your critique!

I have been writing this organization book for 5 years at least. I have finally created a salable edition ready for ebook status it is now in pdf form. though I cannot show you the book I would like a critique of the site from which I am selling it.

PS..I will hunt this thread down even if I do not repeat till a year from now..been duly spanked for duplicate!!!

PS.. I have not set up my pay pal buttons nor my contact yet. I spent so much energy on just this site and the attachement that I am about to collapse. My computer crashed and my Virtual Contractor Office is gonzo from my hard drive, except that which I was able to retrieve from here.

Your expert advise is MOST NEEDED AND WELCOME! As I am not a designer nor a writer, but a fricking bookkeeper!!

Re: 20 years in the makin, 5 in the writin..and ready for your critique!

If your book is what you promote it to be, it might increase your sales to offer a "tidbit" of what is within the book as incentive. The contact page does not have to be that hard. If you just list your information and a brief policy synopsis, you will be ready to go.

I have had my stint in the accounting end of businesses and transparency made me the ideal employee. Still get calls to come back...lol.

You have got the right idea but you have got a lot of text. Owners Beware! Secretaries Behold! Bookkeepers!....these should be in another type or color. The bold does not do for you what it should.

You have a very good start and I have bookmarked you to see how it goes because I am interested in your product.

Also, why not title your idex page as "Organize As If" ? What you save the page name as and the title are two different things. "Home" is not what you want your index page to show in the tab on a browser.

All the best to you,
    Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Thanks for your input, Karen. the contact page...it should include the privacy policy? the copywrite info? both? I am kinda stumped..AND paypal somehow does not allow one to alter buttons already created (except in html, which they do not give a hint of)..what a bummer!!!

I have made a few changes, and yet I added more words to give a hint of what is included. I saw one 'organization' place that said in page one..da da da. is that what you mean?

Comment

Hi, you’re off to a good start. Couple of small things to have a look at.
        You have a marquee at the top of the page that is a bit manic in Fire fox, but works fine in IE. In FF it keeps scrolling & at a very fast speed. (Let others confer this is happening to them)
        You image http://b2borganizing.com/kwresize.jpg is a bit slow loading at 423kb The one attached is about 6kb & may help. Click on image to enlarge to the same size as the one on your site.
        You have in effect got 2 home pages http://b2borganizing.com/index.html & http://b2borganizing.com This second one should always be the link to the home page.
        You need to sort the home page as above & then recheck all your links on the menu.

Good luck.
        Attached Files
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

As said above, you are off to a good start, and it looks like you had a Web Plan and stuck to it! Good for you!

You have a lot of information to share, and part of the expertise you can demonstrate to visitors is in preparing it especially for them, not only to find real relevance and meaning, but in finding the information to be a participant in your website, either from being enabled or by conversion (teach or sell, you have to interact with a web, right?): shorter, more focused Content pages communicate more, and offer a more direct navigation for visitors to utilize as well.
          > Try breaking up larger sections into smaller sections for quicker access and digestion. (In other words, take your "essay" pages and make smaller pages using paragraphs or a few paragraphs, always centering around a central idea presented "in brief".
          You might discover how this simple suggestion helps not only your visitors, but in how the Search Engines read and rank your site also.

Also....(more obvious and glaring)....none of the terms you are using the Copyright symbol for are in fact copyrighted nor applied for at the US Patent and Trademark Office as a registered trademark, by you or anyone else: "Organize As If" ; "It's The Filing, Stupid" , so not using the Registered Trademark symbol (®) was a good thing....
          Using the Copyright Symbol (©) in such awkward manner, however, offers no protection under the law, nor indicates anything other than something of a less-than-professional understanding of real business, and it appears that this is a blunder you should not perpetuate (if your intended market is in fact Business), right?

Even though it may appear to "cover" your written expression or work, it is a bit more than convention would normally expect to see used, but in your Menu buttons also? Very tacky, IMO. Should have kept that for use on the headers, banners, titles, and other proper places.

You may wish to review this post on the proper use of symbols and registrations.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Collector...thanks for that great pic..it is smaller AND better than the one I had. Thanks for the heads up on the links too, I did not realize I had misspelled a few words and the links went no where!! Only now did I realize there was a list of links and I did not have to re type every link every time!!!

Vasili..thanks for the great input. I have reorganized a bit addressing each party with their own page and incorporated some visuals and a couple of useful forms.

I did away with the tags but I did refer to myself as a "rube" in the first page. I began to get paranoid when reading about how to protect your ebooks from piracy...I recon I have lived a pretty sheltered life!

Comment

The book sounds interesting.
              I'm fairly new to building websites, but as a consumer, I would suggest you rewrite at least that first paragraph. That paragraph is only one sentence. I don't believe you would speak that sentence if you were addressing an group or organization. To me, the first couple of paragraphs are probably what I would use to judge the book - whether it's representative or not. That paragraph would make me wonder if the whole book is like that and would probably turn me off.
              I also wouldn't call myself a rube - even in jest. You want to convince people that you are the person who can help them!
              Good luck on it.
              Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
              Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
              Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Thanks for the advice I changed it to "take a bow", and did away with the 'rube' reference. I am thinking of other ways to state it (take a bow..not rube)...more about what is actually in the book...I guess self deprication and humor has no place in the business world. The books are humorless and all 'how to'. I wish I had written more 'personality' into the books, but alas, I was focused on the business of well, business.

I love your site, you have some very 'exciting' products!!! Who need ****** when we can have 'goofygifts'!!!

v i a g r a is ******??? its a dirty word???

Comment

Originally posted by angstless View Post
                  Vasili..thanks for the great input. I have reorganized a bit addressing each party with their own page and incorporated some visuals and a couple of useful forms.

I did away with the tags but I did refer to myself as a "rube" in the first page. I began to get paranoid when reading about how to protect your ebooks from piracy...I recon I have lived a pretty sheltered life!
                  No need to remain aprehensive....realize what you are needing to focus on is the distribution, for if you can (and should) "protect" that aspect, then there are in fact means to control re-distribution or unauthorized use: since you affirm "Copyright" over your original material, and have a defined means of distribution (download from you directly), any other use or public "display" of your material ipso facto is unauthorized, and you can use CopyScape to track any presence of your material on the entire internet (Google CopyScape to learn more).

Effective use of CopyScape includes using some of your Key Phrases, certain conceptual words, or even contextual combinations that may be obviously unique (especially when in proximity of other KW and KP), and are the just demonstrations that allow you to assert rights over another to preserve your exclusive use.....

* Remember, since you are in fact receiving moneis for your distribution, this creates your authority over the material far above any other claim!
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi,

Professional and business like, neat and nice. Good and tasteful Color choice.

One setting correction needed as pointed out by Chris......slow down the marquee movement speed in properties to "delay 6" and "amount 2"
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

The moving text under your banner is moving so fast, I can't read it. I look forward to reading your site when it is done though.
                      One thing I like about this site, is, that I get to see so many interesting sites.
                      Cheers M

Comment

Checking back in and WOW! You have done an excellent job of revamping your site to be content rich yet not be essays. I am really pleased with your progress. :) You have done well with the advice given you.

Wishing you all the best,
                        Karen Williams
                        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
                        X